Lt. Commander
Andrew Park over at Gamespot posted his impressions of some early work we've been doing, including ship battles, exploration and away teams. He's also included a few exclusive screenshots to check out.Thanks to Andrew and Gamespot for taking a look at Star Trek Online!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Looks like the Romulans aren't as bad off as we'd expect.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Good screens and article! Does this mean we can expect a beta in the near future?
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Oh my :O some stunning screenshots there! My laptop is going to weep blood

Great work!
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks alot Rekhan, just when my urge to play STO now was under control you throw this at me

seriously though i feel this is gonna be a great game
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-13-2009, 02:47 PM
Amazing screenshots and a great article. Just when I think it's impossible for me to be any more anxious for this game to be released you go and throw this up!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Oh my I'm jealous at them for being able to see the game in action
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Space combat is sounding very promising! I do hope we can target/counter tractor beams, and maybe shield our ships from invasive scans, to keep our enemies blind to our equipment that little longer.
Quote:
Space combat so far, at least with the ship classes we've seen in action, seems to be a matter of jousting with enemy ships, making daring strafing runs in range of your foes while tossing out salvos of torpedos and phaser blasts...
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Cool article, but one thing needs clarification:

though if you aren't currently taking fire, your ship will automatically recover from hull damage at a rate that depends on your character's and crew's race, experience levels, and engineering levels.

Does this mean that not only certain parts of a ship e.g. torpedo launchers but the hull as well? Certain things should have to be repaired in a dry dock. I know you have to balance fun vs. realism but magical healing would take it too far if you'd ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Although all of the information on space combat was excellent as well, I genuinely think that the screenshots stood out the most to me in this article because I believe they are probably some of the best that have been released for the game so far! Based on this article, it seems as though the game is getting relatively close to completion and I really hope that some details about the beta test are revealed in the near future if at all possible!