Lt. Commander
Have Gforce 9600GT, never had any serious problems with STO. But today tried out Khitomer, and the lag was so bad, it was unplayable.

Which is funny, because I didn't have a problem with it on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
Same here i think it has somehting to do with the Stargate in the middle
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
I have the same issues. I only have a GeForce GT 220 which I realize is an older card, however, I can have the exact same settings anywhere else in the game and have no problems whatsoever. Also, I've attempted turning every On/Off option to Off and all High/Low settings to Low and still seem to be getting this lag.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2010, 10:31 PM
Last time I did Khitomer, it was fine (even with normal settings), and right now (as I post), I'm back at Khitomer, and the lags back. And I turned the settings down to bare minimum, and still getting it.

Like said above, it has to do with the gates. Because sometimes it works fine, and then it doesn't.

Please, look into this Cryptic.

People hate Khitomer, plenty because of the mobs. The video lag is only compounding the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I have only done Khitomer once, but the stuttering was horrible. I never have this problem anywhere else in the game.

Granted, I am running an older 9800 GT XRL8, but it is still enough to run the game on high with no issues, except for in KA.

I was able to turn the graphic settings down to "low" and the issue did go away, but I really shouldn't have to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Have Gforce 9600GT, never had any serious problems with STO. But today tried out Khitomer, and the lag was so bad, it was unplayable.

Which is funny, because I didn't have a problem with it on Tribble.
Can you be more specific about where you are?

Thanks,

Dave
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCrypticDave
Can you be more specific about where you are?

Thanks,

Dave
It's the beginning of Khitomer Accord, first space part - all in my fleet that tried KA (with various Graphic Cards) also had this issue; I also saw big slowdowns on this, even with my Radeon 5850.

Not sure, either view distance is to far, or the warp gateway in the middle of the "map" is producing to many light effects at once.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2010, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_MadTom View Post
It's the beginning of Khitomer Accord, first space part - all in my fleet that tried KA (with various Graphic Cards) also had this issue; I also saw big slowdowns on this, even with my Radeon 5850.

Not sure, either view distance is to far, or the warp gateway in the middle of the "map" is producing to many light effects at once.
I've had this problem as well. The first time I played Khitomer it was a slide show when I first started to attack any of the Borg. After being destoroyed, I turned off dynamic lighting in options and haven't had a problem since. I'm using GeForce 260 with no problems at all on any other map in STO. Maybe that might help you out if you try it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2010, 02:14 AM
Yah it seems to happen half the time in the first stage of KA, right when you get close to the time gate. Exiting STO and relaunching the game while your teammates wait fixes it, but it's pretty annoying.

One other pet peeve about the opening stage in KA. There used to be turrets surround each gate, they were removed for good reasons. However their physics still seem to be there, albeit invisible. How do I know this? Well I fly into them all the time, and it can be quite annoying! :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Sometimes I get this issue and sometimes not... the solution I/most people use is to simply shutdown STO and start it back up again then it will be lag free.

BTW the lag seems to start as soon as people engage the initial borg. Also most times at least 1-2 people crash when transitioning from the space to the ground part.