Lt. Commander
# 11
04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
You know, the pricing in general on the C-Store is deceptive. You can't ever buy exactly the number of points to purchase any specific item, you always have to buy more than any item "costs". And you can't get a refund for excess points.

A far more honest way to do this if we are going to have RMT in this game is to put a price for each thing in dollars and sell them directly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Extra character slots here I come!!!
__________________________________________________ ___________________
I would buy other items from the C-Store but I find the bridges 100% useless though because:
A.) Your team never appears on the "same" bridge and are spread out in diferant instances (Please make it so EVERYONE on your team is on the SAME bridge! )
B.) You can't do a thing on the Bridge other than taking a screenshot

Been thinking about the "Imperial Class" ship, but tbh I hate it and love it at the same time lol.

So far I haven't chosen any of the given species in STO because making my own is the best thing in STO!!! (Cryptic did a beyond amazing job with STO's character creator!!!)

But yeah that's just me; I would assume that others like all of the items and buy everything
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post
You know, the pricing in general on the C-Store is deceptive. You can't ever buy exactly the number of points to purchase any specific item, you always have to buy more than any item "costs". And you can't get a refund for excess points.
i think thats the idea, to get you to spend more then you wanted, or also to get you to buy things you didn't really want with the left over points. Xbox live and the Wii Network do the same thing too. Really, it goes all the way back to the Arcades, where you had to spend tokens instead of just quarters.

Its also the reason why I don't buy anything from the c store. Although really, the only thing I'd consider buying at all is extra character slots, and since i can't afford those with the 240 points i got from that quiz, i'm not interested.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Rekhan, can you please find out if the new c-store items will be out in time for the deal.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat84 View Post

A far more honest way to do this if we are going to have RMT in this game is to put a price for each thing in dollars and sell them directly.
ah the old hotdog and bun complaint
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Sounds good to me, Rekhan! Are the items scheduled to be out this week ('Destiny' bridge, 'Nimbus' ship costume, Emote Pack 1) going to be out in time to be included in it?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
science officer here, waitin for something sciency to buy...
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke_Skymocker
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
science officer here, waitin for something sciency to buy...
Heh, same here. I'm planning on buying the 'Nimbus' costume anyhow (unless it's just too gosh darn awful), and I'm leaning towards buying the 'Destiny' bridge as well. I hope they get put into the store in time for this sale. Also, anyone heard what's supposed to be in the Emote Pack 1 yet?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-13-2010, 05:12 PM
I always have the worst timing on sales.
- Kitkun
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-13-2010, 05:41 PM
The new pack should drop in time for the sale, yes.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
Edit: -My question was already answered in a post before this-

Thank you for the discount.