Lt. Commander
# 81
04-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
Tax day is nearly upon us here in the U.S. To celebrate (or maybe mourn) this occasion, we're happy to offer a Cryptic Store discount to everyone. Beginning Thursday, April 15, at 10 a.m. PDT and ending Monday, April 19, at 10 a.m. PDT, everything in Star Trek Online and Champion Online's Cryptic Store will feature a 25 percent discount. That's 25 percent off everything in both stores!

Link to the news article.
Just wanted to give some feedback on this.

The basics ... You sold me.

The background info ... I'm not anti-C-Store. I'm not all pro-C-Store. I'm in the middle. In Champions Online I simply could not find anything in there remotely interesting for purchase. But you all are doing a great job with it in Star Trek because you keep offering me these little tid bits I want to buy.

And this promotion prompted me to buy more Points. The discount on new character slots was too good to pass up. The fact that my RA was flying a DSSV and that I really felt that the Nimbus and the Bridge pack fit his ship better was just icing on the cake.

So there you go. Some feedback. I think for me, this little offer/promotion worked on me. Take that information and do what you will with it.

The day Pakleds become a playable race (and that day is coming!) ... I will "win" Star Trek Online. And of course, make another C-Store purchase. But that feedback is still in the future.

Lt. Commander
# 82
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Just wanted to give some feedback on this.

The basics ... You sold me.

The background info ... I'm not anti-C-Store. I'm not all pro-C-Store. I'm in the middle. In Champions Online I simply could not find anything in there remotely interesting for purchase. But you all are doing a great job with it in Star Trek because you keep offering me these little tid bits I want to buy.

And this promotion prompted me to buy more Points. The discount on new character slots was too good to pass up. The fact that my RA was flying a DSSV and that I really felt that the Nimbus and the Bridge pack fit his ship better was just icing on the cake.

So there you go. Some feedback. I think for me, this little offer/promotion worked on me. Take that information and do what you will with it.

The day Pakleds become a playable race (and that day is coming!) ... I will "win" Star Trek Online. And of course, make another C-Store purchase. But that feedback is still in the future.

I'm with Superchum on this. I bought almost everything that's a one-off except for the emote pack (not worth the points, really) and a couple of the races I don't plan on playing...items that I was on the fence about but the sale pushed me over the edge. Didn't have to buy more than 500 points since I had a lot between CO and STO given to me as "freebies", so I didn't feel guilty. Now I'm just waiting on the Caitians...must have my cat character.
Lt. Commander
# 83
04-17-2010, 05:03 AM
Hm. I bought 500 Cryptic Points. With them I bought the Fed Bridge Pack III for 200 points and the Nimbus for 160 points. Now I have 140 points left. Where's the discount?
Lt. Commander
# 84
04-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Hi, I bought 2000 C-points yesterday. There is no access to buy any item from the C-Store. Is there a problem?
Lt. Commander
# 85
04-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Nothing there worth getting , i got the ships (yuck) , bridges arent too bad though , so what about when skins for other ship classes come in? they have to pay more?
Lt. Commander
# 86
04-18-2010, 03:07 PM
I admit I stocked up on character slots. I know myself well enough to know I want a lot of them and stocking up on them while the sale was seemed like a good idea. Now I don't feel like I have to be stingy with myself if I want a new alt. Also - it didn't hurt that my hubby gave me 6000 points as a gift. I love him.
Lt. Commander
# 87
04-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I hope this happens again at a later date