Lt. Commander
# 1 Wow, that's a really big gun!
04-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Almost all of the ground weapons could stand to be reduced in size about 50%, or even more. Most of the rifles and assault weapons I'm handing around look like Star Fleet has lost the concept of microcircuits.

Please reduce their sizes to something more believable.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Define 'believable'. They're mostly around the same relative size as assault weapons in the TV shows and movies. Seems working as intended to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Wow, that's a really big gun!
Maybe they are just happy to see you.

Seriuosly though, some of the weapons are a bit large-ish. It makes me feel like Dirty Harry.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2010, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfyre010 View Post
Define 'believable'. They're mostly around the same relative size as assault weapons in the TV shows and movies. Seems working as intended to me.
We must be watching some very different shows, then, because my character is 5'10" (according to the scale in the creator), and some of the rifles look HUGE.

I find it hard to believe that, in the 25th Century, guns are this big. I ignore the vanishing/reappearing weapons when I holster them, because sometimes "game" has to trump "simulation". But the weapons frequently seem WAY out of proportion to the characters.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
Almost all of the ground weapons could stand to be reduced in size about 50%, or even more. Most of the rifles and assault weapons I'm handing around look like Star Fleet has lost the concept of microcircuits.

Please reduce their sizes to something more believable.
Well if you look at the movies and shows the rifles vary in size depending on who makes the given weapon. Starfleet rifles are similar in size to modern day assault rifles whereas Jem'Hadar weapons are between 1/2 and 2/3 that size, with the Klingon rifle being even smaller than that.

It's all perspective and meant to give the proper feel to the differences in technology and style.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Interesting point, I created a char with most settings to max and the guns look like sophisticated tooth-sticks, pistols like a ray gun ring, so maybe a solution would be to scale weapons to each char size, but then Starfleet does not issue weapons in sizes S, M and XL (I am quite certain though that many people would protest against that).

If weapons were to be scaled down even large guns would look like "the cricket" from MIB on those toons, so IMHO this topic is a tough one.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-13-2010, 03:35 AM
it is a tad rediculous I equip my plasma sniper rifle and i have the stock sticking a foot out the back of my shoulder and it is longer than i am tall, it must be made of ultra lite materials becasue it is bigger than i am.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-13-2010, 09:54 AM
After lugging those big guns around they most likely will be on Sick Call, waiting to see the ship Chiropractor.:p
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Actually, the assault weapons need to be a bit bigger. In general though all weapons other than Federation Phasers and Klingon Disruptors need more detail put into them, they just look terrible.. like little plastic toys. Tetryon looks especially bad.