Lt. Commander
I had to log out before I found all 5 hostages. Now when I continue I can only find 4. When I start I get the message "we are ready to beam up the remaining hostages".

I guess I'm misssing something obvious, but how do I find the other hostage or do I have to quit this quest and start it again?

Thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I also ran into this problem. The only way to fix it is to quit the mission, drop it, get it back from the mission giver and redo it. If you quit the mission while you are in the caves, it will drop the first hostage you find so you will never get the 5/5 hostages. Once you are in the caves you have to fully complete the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the information. I was afraid that would be the case, I have spent too much time trying to work out what I was doing wrong!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Thanks for this thread. Clues in the OP finally helped us track down where the mission was failing and we are checking in a fix.

For now, yes dropping the mission and playing through directly works - continuing does not if you have yet to rescue all the hostages.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Only problem I had on this mission was my Bridge Officers kept jumping over the railing to their deaths.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Thanks for this thread. Clues in the OP finally helped us track down where the mission was failing and we are checking in a fix.

For now, yes dropping the mission and playing through directly works - continuing does not if you have yet to rescue all the hostages.
Is there anything being done for those of us for which the mission will not complete? I ran into the same situation that the OP did. I submitted a GM request ticket, to which I got a canned response and no assistance. I restarted from the beginning and got past that. I defeated the boss at the end, and got the mission complete prompt, and beamed out. I come out in sector space by Bajor, with a prompt to continue the Cage of Fire mission (which I had just completed).

I beamed down to an already cleared mission. I beamed out and then submitted a ticket for GM assistance (which was summarily given a canned response and no assistance AGAIN).

I revisited the mission a couple days later, now populated with bad guys again. I finished the mission AGAIN, and then beamed out to sector space. I got the prompt to continue the mission AGAIN.

How many times do I need to complete the mission before I can get credit for completing it?
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-14-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus_Penguin View Post
Only problem I had on this mission was my Bridge Officers kept jumping over the railing to their deaths.
Mine kept getting knocked into the lava by photon grenades.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus_Penguin View Post
I had one walk into the lava:p
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-01-2010, 09:20 AM
is it just me, or in this mission, do all of the hostages look the same??

anyone else notice this?
G

ps:
PLEASE tell me this isn't another "test" by section 31........
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

There is also a bug where you can't kill the Pah Wraith chick at the end. First time I ran this, you kill her and the mission is supposed to complete after a little dialog text right? Get her life to 0 and she can just stand there not dying and no longer attacking you. It just happened the one time though, I replayed the mission and it went fine.