Lt. Commander
My appologies if this has already been asked, but the search facility isnt bringing anything like this up and im not wading through 50+ pages of forum just to find it isnt here.

Basically I want to know if anyone else finds the randomness of the Engineering Team and Science Team frustrating. I can be in a battle, either as part of a team or not, and take damage to my shields or hull which I need a quick fix for. So I use the appropriate Team to do so. Half the time it does it on another player instead of myself. This is frustrating because a) I was not highlighting them, b) often I cant even see them on my screen when it happens c) I need it much more than they do, often they are at 100% already and still it goes to them while I am 50% or less.

Why is it so random? Im not against using it on others if they are in need but you should have to highlight them to do so. This has often caused my death or near death and if they are introducing Death penalties later this month this needs addressing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2010, 04:10 AM
Esc - Options - Controls - Auto assist allies off (or it sounds something like that)

This "bug" is a "feature" which lets you automatically heal the most wounded teammate. But is highly annoying in some occasions. Turn it off under controls (you have to be in space to access the correct space-controls page)
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roter_Panda
Esc - Options - Controls - Auto assist allies off (or it sounds something like that)

This "bug" is a "feature" which lets you automatically heal the most wounded teammate. But is highly annoying in some occasions. Turn it off under controls (you have to be in space to access the correct space-controls page)
You don't heal the most wounded teammate. Assist means you target your target's target.

So if you are targeting an enemy ship, and you use a friendly power that can target allies, you'll try to use it on whatever whatever it is targeting, if that target is friendly. If other qualifications are met, like being in range, it gets used. If not, it doesn't. Could be the most injured. Could be uninjured.

And, likewise, if you are targeting a friendly ship and use a hostile power, it'll try to use that ship's target.

There really should be two different options to set, one for assist off friendly with hostile abilities and another for assisting off hostiles with friendly abilities.

One of the things I always make sure to turn off when I make a character, along with the follow target camera, stop moving on popups, the lock facing to camera (or is it camera to facing, whichever, it annoys) for ground, and the zoom camera while in aim mode.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2010, 04:20 AM
I don't think it's the most-wounded ally, I think it is that if you have an enemy targeted, you heal the enemy's target, if any. When soloing, this (almost) always heals you, because enemies are targeting you unless NPC ships are around.

And if you have an ally targeted, your offensive abilties target the ally's target.

In many cases this is useful. An alternative to toggling off the auto-assist feature is to hit F1 to select yourself before using a heal (if you want to heal yourself).

Edit: Basically what Axterix said...