Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hi I looked at the list of forums and this is the most relevant one I could find to post this thread in, there doesn't seem to be one for problems with the support system/tickets/GMs...

Can you please explain why is is that when we have a behaviour report GM ticket (via typing /help ) that after the ticket is made and showing happily on My Tickets ingame and http://startrekonline.com/tickets that it will suddenly disappear like it's been deleted or hidden?

Can you please explain what the reason for this is? It seems to always happen when I submit any behaviour ticket, even when I asked as in my 3 most recent ones specifically for a reply for clarification on the policy because a lot of it is unclear - it was ignored and the ticket hidden/deleted. This is what GM_Skytrail told me would not happen again before and that it was being looked into, that the GMs doing it last time (when I got falsely reported for spam) were acting wrongly and policy was going to be changed to make sure it doesn't happen in future etc etc - but it seems nothing has changed at all...

The questions I asked in my most recent tickets which were either not actually read and summarily hidden/deleted or perhaps worse read then deliberately ignored were (excluding the sensitive part that I can't post of reporting specific players both cos naming isn't allowed and because the words aren't the kind of thing we are allowed to post here...):
Quote:
I know for a fact I reported this player before because I recognise the Handle name... Why was nothing done about this before when I reported it? I can't give you a ticket number because you seem to have a policy of hiding behaviour tickets from our own ticket list for some reason? (PLEASE DO NOT PRESS AUTOMATED REPLY!)

[..]And the bio is full of sexist crap... "Pimp playa, ho slaya." (...)
Quote:
Please look at this: startrekonline.com/character_profiles/user_characters/<censored>

It looks like they have been badnamed before on the character "BADNAME <censored>" but for some reason the ship name "U.S.S. <censored>" was not touched? Are you unable to deal with ship names I don't think i've seen any ship name "badnames"?

The other character on that page says it is called the "I.K.S. <censored>" captain "<censored>" too.... It looks like you need a policy to quickly look at the profile of the character you are about to do anything to to check if they have done anything else too since it seems to always be the same socially learning disabled people who fill everything they can write anything in with the most disgusting things they can think of...
Quote:
Your "costume and name policy" from http://startrekonline.com/support/policies/names applies to ships too I am guessing? It's kind of unclear since we don't have costumes in this game they are uniforms, I am guessing it might be the same policy as you have on other games without the text being modified maybe?

It doesn't mention ships, does the name policy apply to ships or not? Thank you for any clarification (PLEASE DON'T PRESS AUTOMATED REPLY) it looks like maybe your site needs updating

Has anyone else had tickets repeatedly mysteriously disappear like this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2010, 04:37 PM
still no reply...
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm going to address this specifically because it can be a confusing issue. Before responding, it was important to me that I check with GM Skytrail as well, since you brought up a discussion you'd had with her.

When a player (say @PlayerBob) sees something offensive or witnesses another player violating our terms of service (let's call them @Troll), we ask that it be reported. We fully investigate the issue and take any appropriate action. Due to privacy concerns, at no point do we inform the reporting player what action we have taken.

The way the system is currently set up, @PlayerBob can go to the Help and Support menu to submit a GM Help ticket, with the category Behavior. @PlayerBob fills in @Troll's handle, and describes what happened. The ticket interface states that we will investigate the report, but that we will not respond to the reporting player. This will generate a ticket, which a GM can view. We currently leave the report visible in case @PlayerBob needs to correct something after it's submitted, but before it's handled by a GM. If @PlayerBob is being harassed, @PlayerBob has the option to /ignore @Troll and continue playing the game in peace.

Once a GM (say, GM Litana) sees that ticket, they will investigate the report. The ticket is immediately hidden to protect @Troll's privacy going forward. The ticket remains in the system, and it is visible to us. Any appropriate action against @Troll is taken and notated, and @Troll is notified of that action and why it was taken.

At no point in this process have we contacted @PlayerBob, nor will we except in the most extraordinary cases where we require additional information. Actions taken against @Troll are private between us and @Troll, and are never shared with @PlayerBob.

In the case of the tickets you mentioned being hidden mistakenly, and the discussion you had with GM Skytrail, that was a distinct issue. Those were not tickets where you were reporting someone else. I will not comment further, out of respect for your privacy, and since that exchange was with GM Skytrail and not myself.

Please refrain from posting conspiracy theories. We take behavior reports seriously, and every one of them gets investigated. In some cases we may not know to check every pet's name, which is where we ask that you simply submit a new behavior report to report the pet name, and refrain from insulting the GMs who will process your report. We're human, we make mistakes, but we do our best to make sure that our policies are enforced fairly and consistently. We rely on players to bring violations to our attention, and we merely ask that you be civil when doing so.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Ok sorry if the still no reply thing sounded bad but I saw that my thread had dropped off the page while all the others had been replied to (I was not getting at you personally I know you are busy, I think it's ridiculous that there is only one GM active on the forums, I know Destra sometimes comes and visits but yeah..) and the 3 hours took it from late evening to very late in UK, I was posting to make sure that it was back in the forum so that when I checked back tomorrow instead there might be a reply, because it had fallen off back into the archive pages due to all the other replies - thank you for replying it is nice since the questions in my GM tickets were ignored.

I understand what you are saying it kind of makes sense but it's not really intuitive since the same does not happen to other tickets reports, and I would guess that notes are made on bug reports too but they just don't show up instead of needing the originating ticket to be hidden, I would've just thought that your replies were hidden from us anyway since it's very different from the forum system, I remember when I was talking with GM_Skytrail before they had to overwrite their own messages for me to be able to see it, there's no new "post" system only Question and Answer. So a bit confusing if other replies would in fact be seen by us, but ok.

It would be nice if you had some kind of message explaining that they haven't been ate by the system or declined by the GM receiving it as invalid/insufficient information or whatever, I remember it used to send out a message saying thank you for submitting a report, though that message didn't explain why the tickets had been hidden either (or even mention that they have been)! Another problem is hiding even our own original question from view is we can't check back on previous tickets to get the reference number if the same person is still doing the same things, it just seems a bit odd that a copy is not left on our end with a reply saying it's being looked into like you do for other tickets

The main issue though is that I asked for help, and rather than any reply they were just blanket hidden - as for calling it "conspiracy theories" and implying that my post here was not "civil", what do you expect but letters like that when we have our questions made invisible and are given no answer nor explanation of why? I did at no point "insult GMs" I am not sure where you got that from unless you are saying that even suggesting that deleting questions without reply is bad is "insulting"? Do you honestly believe it's an acceptable thing to just ignore customers who ask a question? I'm not sure if this is better or worse than before since you are saying it seems to be policy to do this, one would think that the ticket could just be copied or the GM have the decency to reply some other way rather than just binning questions...

There's nowhere else to go but here, when you can't ask questions in the tickets, since GMs never come in the official chat room... It's really pretty rude when our questions are just ignored totally, and what you said doesn't change that this was and presumably still is being done if anyone asks anything in a behaviour ticket about the policies etc like I did e.g. the ones I quoted before I'll try cut it down further to just the exact bits:
Quote:
Why was nothing done about this before when I reported it? I can't give you a ticket number because you seem to have a policy of hiding behaviour tickets from our own ticket list for some reason? (PLEASE DO NOT PRESS AUTOMATED REPLY!)
Quote:
Your "costume and name policy" from http://startrekonline.com/support/policies/names applies to ships too I am guessing? It's kind of unclear since we don't have costumes in this game they are uniforms, I am guessing it might be the same policy as you have on other games without the text being modified maybe?

It doesn't mention ships, does the name policy apply to ships or not? Thank you for any clarification (PLEASE DON'T PRESS AUTOMATED REPLY) it looks like maybe your site needs updating
(The policy says "Character Name, Handle, and Fleet Names May Not", no mention of ship names, and the wording of other parts of it suggests it has been copypasted from Champions Online like calling our uniforms "costumes")
Quote:
Are you unable to deal with ship names I don't think i've seen any ship name "badnames"?
The sad part is I actually even asked "please don't just click automated reply "(which obviously would mean not click "automatic close" either..) to the questions indicating that I would like an actual reply, in capital letters no less (because I was worried it might happen from seeing it happen before, which is why I copypasted the tickets on my end too in case they were hidden again) and they still do it... It seems odd that it's considered fine for us to take the time to write reports but not for Cryptic to take the time to bother replying (or perhaps even reading, I don't know if they didn't read the message rather than just the subject or something, then it wouldn't be deliberate)

When you say "pet" what are you referring to I haven't heard anyone use that before (well other than tribbles)? Is it some kind of internal name for ships, or the characters a player has created under their handle name, or what?

Thanks and sorry if you thought my message was too strongly worded, it's just the way things are handled makes you feel like you have to be assertive and make it seem like you might raise hell (and I have learned to get pretty good at doing that when necessary because of how terrible bureaucracy usually is) or they'll just ignore you again... It would be nice if it wasn't that way, but Cryptic seems to be simply like a lot of other companies that way at least the moment. :/ reminds me of another company about a year ago where one of the employees actually admitted themselves if you want to get a response you need to make an official complaint... And as I mentioned before it's not the first time I have asked questions via the normal channels and had them hidden with no reply it took a long time before I got to GM Skytrail eventually who sorted it all out... Stonewalling (or attempting to anyway, it's a good job I don't let people like that win, I wonder how many poor people that just gave up trying to get through the bureaucracy to anyone there are...) should never be an acceptable thing to do.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2010, 08:43 PM
I think this just goes to prove my point that when you be try be meek and patient you just get ignored, been a week now with this subforum full of numerous GM replies on everything else...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Thing is when companies try to stonewall me I don't let them win on principle, don't just give up and maybe they will eventually change things I reckon (trying to say something relevant rather than just bump...)
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-22-2010, 03:11 PM
One day when I win the Powerball jackpot, I will make my own MMO. Any and all disciplinary actions taken will be publicly posted, so everybody can see. It works in southern justice. Lots of times you see somebody on the side of the road, with one of those signs they wear. Says something like "I stole money from my grandma, I am a thief". Judges often do that to shame people back into appropriate behavior. Better than sending somebody to prison, which as we all know, is not a deterrent and doesn rehabilitate the offenders.

I know somebody will ask, how I would feel about my disciplinary history here being made public. Honestly I would love it, because then I would know exactly what I got my infraction for (yes I got one, no explanation was given).
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2010, 12:02 PM
sigh........
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I never see my tickets in my mail list, no matter what form of ticket I make.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathkittin
sigh........
what exactly are you still waiting for? You had a response to your post from a GM explaining the situation.

Your subsequent reply back was long and rambling and doesn't make it clear "what" exactly you are still expecting by way of another reply.

The process has been explained to you hasn't it? End of.

And yes - by "pets" this is referring to Ships and Boffs. If you are referring to a bad name in your report its best to specifiy if this is a captain name or a ship name (and yes, ship names are moderated too occasionally)