Lt. Commander
...start another character? They seem to have forgotten about game play beyond max level in this game. I could care less about PVP so if that is the only choice then this game is a complete failure. Let me guess, are we supposed to join a fleet and participate in chat role play while hovering outside Earth space dock. That sounds so exciting. Seriously I don't see what there's to do after hitting max level.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2010, 10:22 PM
I posted asking what other people do when they hit max level and sadly the answer seems to be login to do daily missions then go play another game. Making another character isn't much of an option when it means repeating the exact same missions in the exact same places over and over again. Some will say give the game time but if that really is the case I'll likely end up cancelling my subscription and coming back later to see if it has improved.

The problem with that is if a lot of other people do it then there's less income for them and that could lead to less development but what choice is there? This isn't my first MMORPG, far from it, but the limited options once you get to RA5 are not something I can stomach very long.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2010, 10:34 PM
wish you had slowed down?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urill
...start another character? They seem to have forgotten about game play beyond max level in this game. I could care less about PVP so if that is the only choice then this game is a complete failure. Let me guess, are we supposed to join a fleet and participate in chat role play while hovering outside Earth space dock. That sounds so exciting. Seriously I don't see what there's to do after hitting max level.
This is why they've been adding the STFs as their main focus for new content.

Unfortunately, they aren't much fun and their loot is poorly conceived.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2010, 01:34 AM
hm, it sounds like there is someone who cant entertain himself and need to be fed with the spoon or so

what could someone do who reached RA5?

well... a few suggestions:

bringing his pvp-skills to perfection.
test different bo-skills.
optimizing his equipment.
test different equipmentsettings.
learn to play with other ship-classes.

i think there is plenty to DO ...
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
wish you had slowed down?
If you're asking me then the answer is no. I play at the pace I play all games and deliberately playing slowly serves no purpose to me. Artificial time limits such as those thrown on the explore missions (30 minutes before you can do another for credit, why?!) and defend the <sector name> block missions do nothing to extend the game and really aggravate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao-B
hm, it sounds like there is someone who cant entertain himself and need to be fed with the spoon or so

what could someone do who reached RA5?

well... a few suggestions:

bringing his pvp-skills to perfection.
test different bo-skills.
optimizing his equipment.
test different equipmentsettings.
learn to play with other ship-classes.

i think there is plenty to DO ...
PvP to perfection? Never going to happen but I'm at a level where I feel I'm more than competitive and only the big nasties of VM and SNB or 4+ people attacking me at the same time will see me die quickly.
Test different BO skills....I've done that and I have different BOs for different situations with some geared for PvP and others for PvE. Check that then.
Optimising his / her equipment.... the BOs? What purpose is there for that? You have to do something very wrong to die on an away mission in PvE where you have BOs. Regardless of the reasons for suggesting it I'll just say that mine are pretty well equipped with a nice spread of weapons from split beam and high density to wave and sniper rifles.
Test different equipment settings...... isn't that tied into the different BO skills? Check that too either way, my setup is fairly optimised for how I play.
Learn to play with other ship classes? I have engineer, tactical and science RA5s and I dare say I know how to play them all quite well.

Now what else is there after your frankly short list of things to do? I don't think any of what you suggested would take more than a day to do in serious manner but I've been doing those things all through my time playing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Well if you have 3 RA5s already then maybe you should spend more time doing other things with your life?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Well if you have 3 RA5s already then maybe you should spend more time doing other things with your life?
Why do you have to bring it to this level? Look elsewhere for an argument, I'm not interested. I have my reasons for having a lot of spare time and frankly they're none of your business. I posted because I'm at this stage and there's very limited options for things to do. What was your reason for posting?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
If you're asking me then the answer is no. I play at the pace I play all games and deliberately playing slowly serves no purpose to me.
Since you put it this way: It does server a purpose to you which is quite obvious: You play games longer.

Besides that: Nobody forces you to do all missions over and over again.

My Engineer plays through all the missions, my tactical officer only does space combat, PVE and PVP, nothing else, my Scientist concentrates on gathering artifacts and stuff like that.

And even though my Engineer is RA doesn't mean he runs around with his Starcruiser. I still like my Defiant and it makes combat against the Borg a lot more demanding.

Long story short: It's not the game that lacks new content, it's yourself who lacks ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2010, 03:06 AM
@Dyonas: I'm not trying to start an argument. It just seems as though you want STO to be a substitute for everything else you could be doing with your life. STO wasn't designed to be played for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week (or however long it is that you play it), so I don't think you should expect to be entertained by it for as long as that.