Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
05-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
No, nobody does force me to do the missions over and over again but some are done really well. I enjoy a lot of them but with each new alt I found myself levelling faster because I knew how to better kill things and survive. On my science character I was regularly fighting against +3 enemies and other times I had to go through the DSEs to reach the next level and the next batch of missions.

Ship preference can add an artificial level of difficulty and I have done similar in my Galaxy class but that only goes so far. As has been mentioned the game does lack new content and I'm aware it's coming in time. With regards to lacking ideas, before I saw this thread I had posted a very similar thread where I was asking what other people do in the hope that I'd see something to perk my interest.



I don't expect STO to be my life or entertain me for any great length of time but you seem to forget that not everyone is in a position to do a lot through no fault of their own. I didn't particularly want to add this but it seems I'll have to in order to avoid further "why not do X with your life away from the computer?" comments. I'm pretty much stuck in the house 24/7 and I very much doubt I'm the only one in that position so yes, I play games to pass time and if they're good I play them more. You say you're not trying to start an argument so I'll take you at your word but as I said, keep in mind that everyone is different. Something that might be easy for you could be impossible for me or another person. I'm not playing for sympathy and I only brought it up because I disliked how I was being viewed.


You were being viewed? Dont know you and Dont want to. You expected evryone to jump on me seems you really failed there.Now this was a decent reply u gave. But to attack me both about games and SO is totaly foolish. By the way im stuck home 24 hours a day 7 days a week, and like you use gaming as a way to past most time. Although I do love to learn so I read other things. Like I said I never mentioned your name but the fact your one of the possible 3000 admirals. I stand by my every word, and its about time people spoke up to bullys. So your an admiral, Thats hardly suprising just dont try to bully me as you will fail..
God it there way or no way. well the game is in trouble and all you wanna do is attack and yell and scream at someone if they dont agree with you. Thats wont work with this old timer of the internet and gaming..
Everyone was gonna hate me and totaly disagree with me well it seems you have about 8 or 8 pages of people in some form of agreement. Now you wanna make this game better or let it get worse with your silly ranting?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
05-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgm2b2 View Post
Glad you think there is plenty to do as my whole fleet do not and no longer play...
Sorry to hear that. A Whole fleet !!!! Ok actually thats one of the first things we got to work together on and thats stop the bleeding of players leaving the game. Some are angry, disgusted and fed up. Those types Ill be hinest I dont have a clue hoe to save. What we have to is stop it from getting to that level. Just for a starter when someeone gets on in the morning or afternoon and says hi... for gds sakes say hi back, it wont cripplu you to do that.

Now heres where I stand. Yes Im 63 want proof? You can reach me on Skype under "steelbunny" make sure u have a vidcam. I sit in a wheel chair and belive me there not comfy. Whats wrong welll some of my mjor organs are slowly ceasing to work. I live in horrifiv pain 24/7. Which means sleep is a gift. I do have 3. 4 legged friends though. Pitbulls! Ive owned many animals love most of them alot. Ive been known to pass out for no explained reason. I have diabetes, plus neropathy which can go along with being a diabetic. They think I may have had a stroke at some point and yes there more like joints that are crumbling. Ive beat death 3 times in less than 5 years. the last time it was the hospital that almost took me out. Theres more but that enough so u have an idea. Never give up without a fight people. Life is to short to cave in.

Ed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attacko
lol

that was a funny post

upset over a vid game made from a sci fi fllick

i guess you could protest the 2 wars or feed the poor or something

but i understand, lol your upset at a game. lol
Heres a news flash... I was with the 101st Airborne during the Vietnam era as for the rest yup we did that to in the 60's. I will not protest these conflicts no more than i did during the Vietnam one while in college.
The ultra left wingers were way out of line and they knew it and hardly cared. Also catch this you want some tense moments. I was the only White guy aloud to sit with the Black Panthers at their private table. Yes it was a public table that they took over. You want to argue with them. That would have caused great pain to you and yes they were in college also.I used to get into terrible discussions with them. We whitysare the blame for EVERYTHING. Heard that recently? My reply was always the same. Dont blame Me for what my great, great, great grandfather did, I was not alive nor able to do anything even I was. Their are people that have great rage in them, they are quite sick, but nothing will change that.
What some people dont seem to understand but should after reading most of thesee replys is that they take there gaming very seriously. To them its quite real, its their alter ego and certainly nothing wrong with it. Well unless you cary it to extremes. By that I mean There were 2 gamers in asia who drop dead because of their mmo game. I forget which one or ones. They wouldnt eat, sleep or anything we would. They killed themselves and probably never even knew that they were killing themselves in the first place. Such can be the nature of our gaming. Many, many people here want to really be part of the startrek universe. So let them, their not bothering anyone. I have many married friends who's wives are quite happy to have them on their compuers. That way they always know where they are.. Now thats funny. I do belive alot of young people spend way to much time behind a computer. When your a teen or in your twentys get out and live, see the world. Go play a sport any sport. No tht doesnt mean grabbing your wii or the new device for the play station and play golks or tennis and then say you play sports. lol As for me...well im stuck, my memory is shot well at least short term probably because I take 20 pills a day and 300+ mg of morphine. I cant drive anymore I surrendered my license on my own. I dont want to be driving to work someday and pass out cross the divider and run into a car with a family in it. I also prative wht I preach or whats the point of saying it. Their is no work that i can possible due to be productive and sometimes i feel real bad about that. A schoolmate friend of mine I find out died from Cancer a few years ago, but he was the picture of perfect health, in fact he was a fighter pilot in the navy. Carrier based of course. I think and i do mean think his brother told me he flew an f-18. To climb into one of those you have to be in the best of condition. Are you aware they wanted to start bldg planes for the military with no windows? They claimed there was no need for them anymore. The planes would be so intelligent they dont need them, Plus with the windows gone they could make them even faster. Of course their were several problems with that logic. ill just mention 2. The pilots and G-forces. Welp thats it for now. But the fact is that neither my body nor brain work the way they should. I was a Banker.Finance man for 20 somthing years.Made good money too. All legal lol. Even my 5 or 6 doctors/specialists agree gaming is good for me or many people who are ill. But for those who just want to game, well let me suggest pokemon thats a game too. Ive done alot in my life and have no complaints. I hope you younger guys have the same success as i did with your life.

Ed
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
05-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
wish you had slowed down?
Wish they had not boosted skill points awards as a "reward" for playing on higher difficulty settings?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
05-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combadge
Wish they had not boosted skill points awards as a "reward" for playing on higher difficulty settings?
In terms of time spent levelling, it's faster on Normal. I'm levelling a Pakled on Elite right now and it's a lot slower. The combat takes longer. And the rewards aren't enough to overcome the time investment.

On my RA5 I've switched to advanced. And I enjoy my daily mission a lot more now because it takes longer. I feel like I do more, even though I'm doing the same amount of content.

I understand your feelings on the issue of the higher rewards points. But in terms of the levelling process, the higher difficulties are slowing the pace down.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
05-07-2010, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
@Dyonas: I'm not trying to start an argument. It just seems as though you want STO to be a substitute for everything else you could be doing with your life. STO wasn't designed to be played for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week (or however long it is that you play it), so I don't think you should expect to be entertained by it for as long as that.
I can see what you're saying, and I definitely understand where you're coming from. But, STO is a slightly different case because it is an MMORPG (one where we pay $15 a month in addition to $50 and C-store premiums), and one of the expectations of an MMORPG is to have a lot of content.

I understand people playing 10+ hours a day, every day, and running out of content is inevitable, but I'm a college student who plays for about 10 hours a week. After about 3-4 weeks (about 30-40 hours), I've done everything there is to do PvE-wise in this game, and that, to me is unacceptable (especially for a game in the MMORPG genre). For a single-player RPG with no monthly fee, 40 hours is pretty good, but this isn't a single-player RPG, and we don't only pay a one-time software fee, we're paying a pretty hefty $15 a month in addition to the software fee and C-store fees.

I feel like STO is the equivalent to a fighting game with a short story mode and where you can unlock everything in 10 hours. But the game is advertised as "Full of content! Will entertain you for a month!" Many players will complete the entire game in a day, and the developers retort by saying "well, this game was designed for you to play 30 minutes a day." STO isn't as extreme, of course, but I for how little content there is, and considering it's an MMORPG which is supposed to have lots of content, I think this is pretty fail.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
05-11-2010, 06:38 AM
.... Delete This .....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
05-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise View Post
Well if you have 3 RA5s already then maybe you should spend more time doing other things with your life?
Hey I play with myself just fine thank you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
05-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Whine about it on the forums and act surprised by the fact that your reached endgame, as if it was a huge secret that you just discovered and knew nothing about?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:26 AM.