Lt. Commander
So... all of the threads I've seen on Borg Buildup (1st part of Khitomer) indicate the Spheres wont go in the Time Warp. However, we keep seeing Spheres go into the time warp all the time. To make it worse, we keep seeing these sphere-only spawns and they go directly to the Time Warp at full impulse (in about 5 seconds from gate to gate, no chance to get them).

It usually happens on the 3rd spawn.

Because we keep seeing this, I'm really suspicious when I see all these folks who say they plowed through this part on the 1st try. (of course, I realize they may have been referring to doing it on Tribble when they were L45 and not on Holodeck at L47)

Anyone else seeeing this? Bugged?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyrce
So... all of the threads I've seen on Borg Buildup (1st part of Khitomer) indicate the Spheres wont go in the Time Warp. However, we keep seeing Spheres go into the time warp all the time. To make it worse, we keep seeing these sphere-only spawns and they go directly to the Time Warp at full impulse (in about 5 seconds from gate to gate, no chance to get them).

It usually happens on the 3rd spawn.

Because we keep seeing this, I'm really suspicious when I see all these folks who say they plowed through this part on the 1st try. (of course, I realize they may have been referring to doing it on Tribble when they were L45 and not on Holodeck at L47)

Anyone else seeeing this? Bugged?
Probes go straight to the Time portal, they will not stop/

Spheres will aggro and attack your group if you attack them first.

You are either getting Probes and Spheres mixed up, or arent aggroing the Spheres, or Cryptic changed something with a patch this morning
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-14-2010, 09:27 PM
No changes. I think TS got mixed up with probes/spheres.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
I agree i have done first part several times and never seen a group of only spheres. But the target icon is same for probe and sphere. You have to pay attention to the name of the target. But spheres will go into portal if you pull them too close to the portal. I have seen teams try to stay in middle and catch groups between the gates and the portal. This technique will backfire for sure as you often wind up agroing spheres close enough to portal that they go in not too mention you arent in range to take down gate while its open.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2010, 02:59 AM
the spheres do go through the warpgate if ya fully wipe and do not clear them in 3 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Happend to my group too.
First it went pretty well, we killed the probes and spheres before the gate send in more.
But after time we got out of sync with the gate. So i lured the Spheres away while my teammates killed the new arrivals.
When they were far enough away i flew back to my side to help.
Well after a bit of time i got focused on by all the new spheres and my cruiser teammate wasnt kind enough to give me a heal, so i died.

Suddenly all the spheres i lured away shot back to were they were at Warp 10 and enterted the gate.