Lt. Commander
I finally had a finished run on The Infected, and if I never do it again it'll be too soon but I have fleetmates that still want to try it. So, I want to have accurate information for them so they don't waste two hours of their life on the final room.

Prior experience and reading through forum posts suggested that the blue circle of teammate-gibbing that SImmons throws shoots off on firing at her, then later got upgraded to just moving... Armed with that knowledge, my teammates and I adopted a policy of taking our hands completely off the keyboard when the blue circle appeared on our toon (and never using autofire). The thing still went off.

I can think of two possibilities. Either the blue circle just attacks your teammates in its large AoE no matter what (a change?) or forced movement from NPCs walking into you (or rather floating, in the case of Simmons) counts as moving and triggers the attack.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2010, 06:31 AM
My group worked out what the blue circle actually does and a decent strategy for avoiding team gibbing, we now complete infected first time......mostly.

The blue circle debuff is such that if you are debuffed and are hit by the bosses attack then everybody in line of sight to you also take severe damage.

Our counter was to set up cover shields diagonally on platforms we were fighting on and when someone gets debuffed they immediately ran and crouched down behind a cover shield on the opposite side to the boss.

This works most of the time except when she decides to get stuck on the roof and can fire down on the debuffed person regardless of cover shield, in this case the debuffed person just has to run as far away from the boss as they can and hope she decides to target someone closer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popov147 View Post
My group worked out what the blue circle actually does and a decent strategy for avoiding team gibbing, we now complete infected first time......mostly.

The blue circle debuff is such that if you are debuffed and are hit by the bosses attack then everybody in line of sight to you also take severe damage.

Our counter was to set up cover shields diagonally on platforms we were fighting on and when someone gets debuffed they immediately ran and crouched down behind a cover shield on the opposite side to the boss.

This works most of the time except when she decides to get stuck on the roof and can fire down on the debuffed person regardless of cover shield, in this case the debuffed person just has to run as far away from the boss as they can and hope she decides to target someone closer.
Ah... so it doesn't actually have anything to do with what you do once getting passed the death ball (besides trying to break LoS). Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2010, 01:33 PM
The blue ring is actually a range thing get as far away from yer teammates as you can if you have the blue ring
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terok-Nor
The blue ring is actually a range thing get as far away from yer teammates as you can if you have the blue ring
Yes, I'm aware that it's a giant AoE. It's the triggering effect that I was fuzzy on.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2010, 02:02 PM
A group of friends and someone we picked up on the way in did Infected last night. SImmons was not that bad actually; we started on the lower right and moved clockwise until we were on the upper right when we disabled the shield generator. The two tacticals in our team stayed in the middle and did a good job keeping the drones off us. The few they missed we either punted into the plasma or let the force field dome do it. When Simmons herself showed up, the two engineers threw up a cover shield on the upper right corner providing cover for quick recovers. The two tacticals remained in the center and threw debuffs on her. We finished her off in less than a minute.

Overall, I think I rate everything before the final chamber as more difficult than SImmons herself. Although our science officer got D/Ced half way through the mission, was able to reconnect quick enough but ended up causing a bug where he didn't get credit for completing it. <_<
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Simmons is a kitten as long as you properly neutralize the blue circle (and if you read the info the NPCs give you at the beginning, before assimilation she wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer), and the rest of it is mostly a combination of cautious advancement and getting used to the rythm of fighting the Borg. There are quite a few spots (especially the midboss fight) where a stray shot or approaching the enemy rather than using pulling really screws you, tho.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Or you could just have everyone go behind one of the two provided relief walls on either of the east platforms; NE, or SE (I think it's the East ones, the two platforms that she starts between have them). You walk behind the partial cover and shoot her while she floats there looking at you. There's easilly enough room to fit all 5 of you behind one of them.

These cover spots were pointed out numerous times to devs, and they in fact fixed other areas where you could use permanent cover (they added plasma behind the generators and at the doorway). But for some reason they left these two spots alone so I can only imagine: working as intended?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2010, 06:36 PM
I was the only sci medic with 3 tacts and an eng. I had a great run. I was even able to heal and deaths were few and far between. The boss was the easiest part lol. We huddled up in the middle and debuffed the crap outta her, while I spam healed Triage (well as spammy as one can get ) and used all the powers available to me (nanobugs, tricorder and dampening field.
It was a short fight
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2010, 08:41 PM
I was supposed to be healing it last run, but somehow she locked onto me so I went nuts on her with a Batleth, one of our engineers had placed a cover shield next to me and my team stayed the other side of it so they could still shoot her and I just spam healed myself and the Blue Circle of irritation stopped being a problem almost immediately.

We didn't plan it that way but LOS definitely seems to be a key point in cutting down on the stim/medic spam