# 11 hahahahahaha
04-19-2010, 07:55 PM
lol stobee your klingon is only lt cdr 4 haha
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
How many uniforms do the Feds have? How about Klingons? No imbalance?

How many playable species do the Feds have? Ditto.

How many Federation playable species don't have Females? Ditto.

How many different ships are available to the Feds? Ditto.

How many ship skins do the Feds have? Ditto.

How many PvE missions do the Feds have? Ditto.

Yeah, there's no imbalance whatsoever. {{:-\

I came to STO wanting to play nothing but Klingon and was ready to stay for a few YEARS. I'm leaving after 3 MONTHS and have hardly touched my Klingon toon since week 3.

Fed: John Paul Jones RA2
Klingon: Korgoth Lt Cdr 4
That's hardly the imbalance I was talking about. There's lots of different kinds of "imbalances", I suppose it would be nice if we all clarified. =3

I don't think the playable species is an issue, and I don't think there's anyone who wants to play a female Gorn or Lethian (sorry if I mispelled that one). If there's one or two of ya in the world, Im sorry for counting you out -- but you can't expect they're going to make variants for a tiny handful of people. I see plenty of females of the other races, plus you can make an Alien female-- there's not a problem here.

On the topic of shiptype-- I agree mostly, it would be nice to be able to customize our ships more. But really, Starfleet has a lot more ship types and classes than the Klingon Empire. So while I wish otherwise, I think this is valid as is. Though Cryptic will continue to put out new customization options for Klingons, that much is sure. They added some last Season, after all. Why would they stop there?

PvE is going to change, they're adding more missions for Klingons in Season 2. But surely you realised Klingons were going to be a PVP faction? At least in the beginning-- its only been a couple of months and Cryptic has added new exploration missions (buggy or not), you at least have to give them props for getting to the issue immediately. You can't expect them to flesh out 5 tiers worth of missions for a whole faction at the drop of a hat, can you? It took them a couple years just to do that for the Federation.

New Uniforms and other customization options for the KDF, especially females, is very much warranted.

All of this is going to take time, I wish some of you would realize that. They can't add it instantly nor at your whims. They know about the problems, they are going to be fixed. You can rage all you want about how Cryptic hates Klingons or whatever, but that's nonsense. If they really hated us, they'd never let us play as the Empire to begin with. Nor address several issues last patch.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
You want to save the Klingon empire?? Tell cryptic you want a better and meaningfull PvP system!! They made out the Klingons to be the PvPer's choice then put in a generic PvP system. Give the warrier faction a war!!! The Klingons that left would begin to re-sub and new subs will roll in from players who were turned off by this structured and weak system.

I realize alot of people want PvE and a Klingon story line, but they wont put that much effort into it for the numbers we have. Allot of the re-subs would want to do both it will make finding groups alot esier to do the new missions.
Lt. Commander
# 14 YES What He said
04-20-2010, 02:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
You want to save the Klingon empire?? Tell cryptic you want a better and meaningfull PvP system!! They made out the Klingons to be the PvPer's choice then put in a generic PvP system. Give the warrier faction a war!!! The Klingons that left would begin to re-sub and new subs will roll in from players who were turned off by this structured and weak system.

I realize alot of people want PvE and a Klingon story line, but they wont put that much effort into it for the numbers we have. Allot of the re-subs would want to do both it will make finding groups alot esier to do the new missions.
And they could adjust that faster then writing new PvE missions we still would like PvE But they could fix this now.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-20-2010, 02:50 AM
KillingMeSoftly:

Since release the feds have gotten far more additional content (PvE + PvP + Customiation) than Klingons. The "content gap" has only increased.

Of course I do not expect them to add everything needed at the drop of a hat, but the are making extremely slow progress in adding any Klingon content while at the saem time adding more Federation content. The "gap" has to start closing, not continue to increase.

Stingray10

You are 100% correct. A better PvP system is needed and can be done more easily than adding lots of PvE which will be burnt thru in a matter of days. If Klingons are supposed to be the "PvP faction" then why don't they have more PvP options than the Federation? The answer is that Cryptic calls Klingons the PvP faction because they have so little PvE.

Another question is why does PvP reward significantly less equipment and experience per time spent than Federation PvE? More people of both factions would play PvP if it was more rewarding.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKfourtyseven
And they could adjust that faster then writing new PvE missions we still would like PvE But they could fix this now.
Especially content that can be run through the 1st time in 3hrs. Spend 3-6 month Dev time for 3hrs of content. How many times can people do that?