Lt. Commander
I mean, seriously guys, take one good look at it and tell me you do not think it just looks plain silly? Immersion is lost with it in game. If nothing else (because I just know there are people who actually like it, I'm sure of that much) give us an option to turn it off. I do not need it to help guide me and I am sure most other players who have played the game for as long and as much as I have do not need it either. Why so stubborn about it? Why keep ignoring the question when players ask about it?

Don't get me wrong, you guys have one hell of a game here, I love it, but every time I have to step out into Sector Space, I just want to hit myself with a pain stick and then jump out of the tallest ugly tree I can find right before I feed myself with a slingshot because I can't stand myself for putting up with Sector space. (Yeah, I know, way over the top, but I think that gets my point across of how much I hate the grid and lollipop sticks)

So please, let us know if you ever plan to let us turn it off?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
But if they remove the sticks, what will hold the systems up?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
same thing that is holding it up now, the hopes and dreams of the players who hope this game will become something more fun for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personae
Atlas?

10 character limit
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
I mean, seriously guys, take one good look at it and tell me you do not think it just looks plain silly?
I don't know about the devs, but I can tell you, I do not think it just looks plain silly. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-15-2010, 09:46 PM
I think they wanted it to look like a map since they couldn't scale everything to make it even semi-realistic.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
I don't know about the devs, but I can tell you, I do not think it just looks plain silly. I like it.

Like I said, I know there are people who actually like it. All the more reason to give us the option to shut it down. But I am willing to put my neck out there and say that the majority of players both in game and on these boards are not all that fond of it.

P.S. to the poster beneath the one quoted, yeah, I agree with you there. I know exactly why they did it and all the reasons behind it. Does not make people who hate it like it any better, I can assure you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-15-2010, 10:48 PM
what erks me about sector space is the weird blue, shimmery shell/aura around the planets and their orbital ring.

I'd rather see a natural looking planet and not some shimmery, blurry holographic representation.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-15-2010, 10:49 PM
They could at least remove the walls and replace them with nebula or base stations or arrays or something to use as a portal instead of flying up to the billboard and waiting for traffic control to pop you up.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2010, 11:29 PM
They just want to know how many licks it takes to get to the center? They figured the world may never know. So now their asking does the Universe know how many licks does it take?

Or is it, how many orbits does it take? I always get that one confused!