Lt. Commander
# 1 The Tyken Rift bug
04-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Obviously not many as been reporting this, since many don't know what is happening and they thinking they are rubberbanding.

Problem is this, on rare occasions the game thinks the Tyken's Rift is still ongoing and never sees it expired. Now if your ship is unlucky enough to be a victim of that while it does expire (not the effect), then for the remainder of your ship's life, you get stuck in this suction.

I have seen it last up to 5 minutes where no ship around me and impulse engines off, I get sucked in the original position I was 5 mins ago. Quite annoying.

If this bug is anything like the engineer death turret bug, then I believe it is happening when players who used the ability, dies before the ability expires. If players are not doing this on purpose, then it's fine, but if they are, they breaking game mechanics and I doubt a Dev would want to see that exploit going, or the player exploiting it for that matter.

I would submit a ticket, but I have seen many bugs filled in by me, never get fix. And yes, they were bugs, not balance issues. Plus, the automated response is kinda lame. I work in a QA room and things are taken a bit more seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2010, 06:03 PM
This happened to me a few weeks ago, but with Gravity Well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2010, 01:59 AM
I reported this a few times, but apparently fixing it isn't a priority right now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2010, 03:15 PM
You refer to gravity well and this bug was already reported and spoken about months ago.

It is one of the very very old bugs nobody cares to fix yet it seems.
And it applies on me every time I get hit with gravity well and only gets removed when I die or warp out/in again.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh! So this is what that was? One night in PVP I thought I was lagging cause I was bouncing around, kept getting tugged back to a certain position. I'm not sure if it's related to Gravity Well or not, but a friend on my team uses Tyken's Rift so this is at least similarly consistent. It's only happened to me once -- I guess because I never let my buddies die. =P

Not sure why this would affect an ally though, unless it was a Klingon that used it (or Gravity Well) and I never noticed.