Lt. Commander
# 91
05-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
A cover system? you are a shocking and original thinker.
Voila http://www.giantbomb.com/cover-system/92-55/

I think the devs were down the pub on questions and answers day for ground combat.

I think everyone here on TF would have put a cover system in if we were making the game.

Although the cover system I suggest is slightly different. Instead of making a model in a map solid like I used to do in my game levels or putting a brush around it so it's got a solid area.

You would instead make the area around the rock say have a buff so you don't get hurt as much the closer to the rock you are. Normally done by making an invisible brush around the object like those used for door triggers.
Lt. Commander
# 92
05-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
Voila http://www.giantbomb.com/cover-system/92-55/

I think the devs were down the pub on questions and answers day for ground combat.

I think everyone here on TF would have put a cover system in if we were making the game.

Although the cover system I suggest is slightly different. Instead of making a model in a map solid like I used to do in my game levels or putting a brush around it so it's got a solid area.

You would instead make the area around the rock say have a buff so you don't get hurt as much the closer to the rock you are. Normally done by making an invisible brush around the object like those used for door triggers.
Except that we don't have "pubs" here in the U.S. We have bars.

Unless you're referring to those quaint little Irish diner/bar combos scattered about, kept alive purely for novelty value.
Lt. Commander
# 93
05-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

Unless you're referring to those quaint little Irish diner/bar combos scattered about, kept alive purely for novelty value.
Erm yes them

Sorry I'm so used to calling them pubs not bars

But noo not the Irish ones

Well I suppose we do have Cover shields to hide behind. Which due to some technical reason we can't shoot through one way, we have to poke our heads out.
Lt. Commander
# 94
05-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:

God no, we refer to them as little as possible.

If forced to we use as much loathing in our voices as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 95
05-25-2010, 11:48 AM
what is wh 40k like? it looked to me like sto meets wow >_>, or is it more of a fps rpg?
i'm kind interested in it , but i play way to many videogames as it is and i need to finish the single play games i own before getting another game >_< with the exception of a few exceptions,but the game has to be insanely asweome before i buy it >_>
Lt. Commander
# 96
05-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
what is wh 40k like? it looked to me like sto meets wow >_>, or is it more of a fps rpg?
i'm kind interested in it , but i play way to many videogames as it is and i need to finish the single play games i own before getting another game >_< with the exception of a few exceptions,but the game has to be insanely asweome before i buy it >_>
It's a tabletop wargame.

So it's not remotely like any of those things.

Get out.

Now.

...actually, I'm kidding. It IS a tabletop wargame, but you're forgiven for making that mistake. Most peoples' only exposure to 40k is the computer games, which are real-time strategy (for the first one) or a blend of RTS and RPG (the second one). But they're not nearly as much fun as buying the minis, assembling them, painting them, and actually playing on a tabletop.

It's expensive though. Make sure you've got some life savings or a healthy trust fund to blow if you want to get into it.
Lt. Commander
# 97
05-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey Panda my Klink is now Captain 6 and a half so not to long till im BG
Lt. Commander
# 98
05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Quote:
It's a tabletop wargame.

Get out.

Now.

...actually, I'm kidding. It IS a tabletop wargame, but you're forgiven for making that mistake. Most peoples' only exposure to 40k is the computer games, which are real-time strategy (for the first one) or a blend of RTS and RPG (the second one). But they're not nearly as much fun as buying the minis, assembling them, painting them, and actually playing on a tabletop.

It's expensive though. Make sure you've got some life savings or a healthy trust fund to blow if you want to get into it.
It's crazy now I have the money to buy as many models as I want, I buy less O.o. At Uni I spent my life savings on them.
Lt. Commander
# 99
05-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
It's a tabletop wargame.

Get out.

Now.

oooohhhh the table top version XD the table top version is awesome =3 i play it sometimes =D, i actually use original warhammer figures in my D&D sessions for battle purposes, adds a whole new lvl to gameplay >_>, i thought we were refering to the online game version >_>;
Lt. Commander
# 100
05-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
It's crazy now I have the money to buy as many models as I want, I buy less O.o. At Uni I spent my life savings on them.
gratz on it, work harder and we can do a STF on friday =3, we tried doing infected last night with 3 of use, we ran out of time and feel assleep but got 70% thru part 1 ^___^

i need to get back into WH but honestly nobody around here plays... ever =.= and i miss placed all my paints when i moved last year blah DX -starts shifting thru boxes- i wish i didn't live in such a rural area =.=

that starter kit for 40k looks yummy, there is a local comic shop that sells then, and sells dnd stuff =3, i need to get back into d&D aswell, but again nobody plays, and not having a car fails too since it takes me 2 hours to walk to anywhere =.= and i'm to lazy to walk 2 hours to down town to play 1 hour of dnd, if i'm playing iwana play for a whole day from 10am till 10 pm, that's the only way to D&D