Lt. Commander
# 1061
12-13-2010, 03:45 AM
< now can field a tactical sqaud of 6 painted figures...
Lt. Commander
# 1062
12-14-2010, 05:30 AM
EDITED
Sorry for the bump, but it appears Game Workshop have moved their store in Birmingham; but, didn't show any "we have moved" signs....

Their old store its now an advert for a Twilight film.
Lt. Commander
# 1063
12-14-2010, 05:59 AM
That sucks. Yeah, they've been closing a bunch of stores lately, consolidating and stuff.

I MIGHT be heading to England for a bit next year, that should be interesting to play 40K there. I know the GW stores on average tend to be smaller than their US counterparts. But hey, at least then I can say my Lords of Oblivion have battled the foes of the Emperor on three continents.
Lt. Commander
# 1064
12-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
That sucks. Yeah, they've been closing a bunch of stores lately, consolidating and stuff.

I MIGHT be heading to England for a bit next year, that should be interesting to play 40K there. I know the GW stores on average tend to be smaller than their US counterparts. But hey, at least then I can say my Lords of Oblivion have battled the foes of the Emperor on three continents.
Careful you don't lose them while in the UK. Trying to reclaim lost luggage is a menace. Then there's UK airport staff.....:p
Lt. Commander
# 1065
12-16-2010, 05:21 AM
Did anyone here ever play with or against a Movie Marines list?
Lt. Commander
# 1066
12-16-2010, 05:39 AM
-Is a Warhammer Fantasy Player- xD
Lt. Commander
# 1067
12-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
Careful you don't lose them while in the UK. Trying to reclaim lost luggage is a menace. Then there's UK airport staff.....:p
No different than the US. Lost a duffel bag full of my stuff on my way back to Iraq from my mid-tour leave, had about $1500 worth of stuff in there, the airline gave me about $450 after three months of harassing them. I'll probably be getting my army case shipped to me anyway, so that should be a bit more reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Did anyone here ever play with or against a Movie Marines list?
Couple times when it first came out. From what I'm hearing, the impending Grey Knights release is going to almost be like that, depending on what kinds of options you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolbezLunar View Post
Booo! Hiss!

Nah, I'm just kidding. I wouldn't mind starting Fantasy too, but I had decided "Once I finish my 40K army", and that was...about seven years ago, and I'm still barely 1/4 done. Of course, my army has grown from about 1500 points to an entire Battle Company plus support elements (so about 20,000 points), AND I've gone back and re-painted some of my earliest stuff, AND I've picked up three and a half more armies since... Yeah, it's gonna be a while before I get around to Fantasy.
Lt. Commander
# 1068
12-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolbezLunar View Post
This a Warhammer 40k thread, but now you won't get out of here without telling us which army or armies you're playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Couple times when it first came out. From what I'm hearing, the impending Grey Knights release is going to almost be like that, depending on what kinds of options you choose.
Are they as bad as people say? I've read complaints that they wrecked whole armies of equal points value without losing a single model. I'm thinking about making a Deathwatch list with them. I've read the rumours about the Grey Knights, but that seems to center around terminators. After 5th edition it seems that movie marines are the only ones left who can infiltrate in power armour.
Lt. Commander
# 1069
12-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
This a Warhammer 40k thread, but now you won't get out of here without telling us which army or armies you're playing.

Are they as bad as people say? I've read complaints that they wrecked whole armies of equal points value without losing a single model. I'm thinking about making a Deathwatch list with them. I've read the rumours about the Grey Knights, but that seems to center around terminators. After 5th edition it seems that movie marines are the only ones left who can infiltrate in power armour.
No, Shrike and his squad (which can be anything, I believe) can Infiltrate. As for the Grey Knights, what I've read indicates them to be an even more elite version of Space Marines, but obviously more expensive (so your model count is going to be fewer). one of the HQ special characters allows you to take Terminators as Troops (and GKTs are apparently WAY stronger than regular Termies), so you could theoretically have a 1500-point army of only 20 models, hence why it seemed possible for someone to win without any casualties.

Either way, I'm definitely going to look into getting some of the models. I've already done one squad of them for fun, wouldn't mind trying to do a whole army in that style.
Lt. Commander
# 1070
12-16-2010, 10:07 AM
I fought a Grey Knight army once. It was annoying. They wiped out all but one squad of my Guardsmen and eventually my heavy weapons teams and Sentinels broke them down. Lasted like seven turns. He had less then 30 models, but each one was a pain to kill. I realized the way to win was to just keep throwing my Guardsmen at them to bog them down while my heavy weapons and vehicles picked them off.

It worked. It was bloody, but it worked.