Lt. Commander
# 1121
02-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
they look nice...ish... but the imperials atleast in dow 1 were kinda blah... i haven't played them on the table top but from what raven explained they seem kinda not my style either =/
i like my nids and marines o3o
it'd be funny if i could combine the 2 of them XD

also since you're all getting dow2 we should play! o3o
They are already combined. There was an article on the website where a Magos Biologis finds out that tyrant guards contain DNA from Space Marine implants. Of course that's horrible heresy according to Space Marine chaplains.
Lt. Commander
# 1122
02-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
They are already combined. There was an article on the website where a Magos Biologis finds out that tyrant guards contain DNA from Space Marine implants. Of course that's horrible heresy according to Space Marine chaplains.
well...ummm.... it makes sense >.> that's not really "cimbining" though... the nids absorb all materials on a planet and turn it into bio-plasm which they use to create more of themselves.... it would only make sense that they shared some of the same DNA as what they consumed.... the genestealers being the biggest example of this of course.
Lt. Commander
# 1123
02-27-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
well...ummm.... it makes sense >.> that's not really "cimbining" though... the nids absorb all materials on a planet and turn it into bio-plasm which they use to create more of themselves.... it would only make sense that they shared some of the same DNA as what they consumed.... the genestealers being the biggest example of this of course.
Tyranids not only absorb biomass but also integrate enemy DNA. For example the fleet that attacked Iyanden seemingly developed a higher number of psionic active organisms.
Lt. Commander
# 1124
02-27-2011, 10:57 AM
So Friday I got an email that my copy of Retribution shipped. Happy days...
Lt. Commander
# 1125
03-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
So Friday I got an email that my copy of Retribution shipped. Happy days...
so do you play dow2 on a regular basis -dusks off steam- maybe we could play? =D
Lt. Commander
# 1126
03-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
so do you play dow2 on a regular basis -dusks off steam- maybe we could play? =D
Sure. I keep all of my games patched.
Lt. Commander
# 1127
03-02-2011, 08:54 AM
So my DoW2: Chaos Rising package was sent from Minnesota to Indianapolis on 28th. I was about dancing for joy because Indianapolis is just a few hours drive. Well apparently on the 1st the driver got lost and ended up in Tennessee. So he overshot me, traveled across the Ohio River, and went through Kentucky before realizing his mistake and letting me know he was lost in Tennessee.

So now the driver will be attempting to drive my order back to Evansville.

All of this is according to the tracking log for my order.
Lt. Commander
# 1128
03-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
So my DoW2: Chaos Rising package was sent from Minnesota to Indianapolis on 28th. I was about dancing for joy because Indianapolis is just a few hours drive. Well apparently on the 1st the driver got lost and ended up in Tennessee. So he overshot me, traveled across the Ohio River, and went through Kentucky before realizing his mistake and letting me know he was lost in Tennessee.

< Bought his copy on STEAM. No getting it lost then! :p
Lt. Commander
# 1129
03-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:

I just picked up my copy of DOW2:Retribution yesterday. I have not installed it yet since I have not finished the previous campaign. It took some getting used to DOW2 being more Tactical RPG than RTS (which I prefer and am much better at), but THQ/Relic has maintained the quality level well.
Lt. Commander
# 1130
03-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I played the Last Stand Mode yesterday. New map is for leveled peeps. The Lord General has a dull start but picks up at level 4+ with a tarantula turret followed by a guard squad. I <3 the sniper rifle, one shotting zoans makes wave 8 cake.