Lt. Commander
# 1171
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanfron View Post
Yes, I have preordered the collectors version and the Demo was released yesterday to all members of the Honor Guard (name of the forums on the SM website).

It is awesome, loads of gore and violence, hacking up orks with a chainsword or power axe is sweet, bolter sound effects could go with some more oomph though.

Game looks great and you get a good impression of walking around as a huge marine in power armour, jump pack is great.
the demo was released on the 18th i remember coz it was the best b-day present ever
saddly it won't download to my computer >=|
i'm trying to decide if i want it for console or on pc,
originally i was going to get it for pc coz i get darksiders for free on steam
but now i'm thinking it might play better on a console =/
i unno D:
have you played it? i'm guessing you has
how does it play?
does it play kinda like fallout 3? or halo? or does it play more like assassins creed?
fps/fprpg games = good on pc =D
none-fps rpg= still fun, but better on console =/

also does anybody know a good spot to get some magnets for my nids?
Lt. Commander
# 1172
08-23-2011, 05:05 PM
i used washer on the inside of the base on my hormogaunts works great
Lt. Commander
# 1173
08-24-2011, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
the demo was released on the 18th i remember coz it was the best b-day present ever
saddly it won't download to my computer >=|
i'm trying to decide if i want it for console or on pc,
originally i was going to get it for pc coz i get darksiders for free on steam
but now i'm thinking it might play better on a console =/
i unno D:
have you played it? i'm guessing you has
how does it play?
does it play kinda like fallout 3? or halo? or does it play more like assassins creed?
fps/fprpg games = good on pc =D
none-fps rpg= still fun, but better on console =/

also does anybody know a good spot to get some magnets for my nids?
The Demo on the 18th was for steam pre orders only, the demo on the 23rd was for members of the Honor Guard(members of the space marine website forums), the HG demo is still downloaded on steam so it is probably the same.

I don't have an XB360 or PS3, I am PC gamer only so cannot comment if it is better on console or not, since it was going to be console only the control's are probably designed for a controller but it plays fine with a keyb/mouse.

Aiming will be a lot easier with a mouse than a controller.

Not played assassins creed, kinda like Fallout 3 but no huge map to explore, its follow the path and kill all the enemy, feels more like mass effect 2 to me for the shooting but with melee combat.
Lt. Commander
# 1174
08-24-2011, 09:00 AM
Quote:
The Demo on the 18th was for steam pre orders only, the demo on the 23rd was for members of the Honor Guard(members of the space marine website forums), the HG demo is still downloaded on steam so it is probably the same.

I don't have an XB360 or PS3, I am PC gamer only so cannot comment if it is better on console or not, since it was going to be console only the control's are probably designed for a controller but it plays fine with a keyb/mouse.

Aiming will be a lot easier with a mouse than a controller.

Not played assassins creed, kinda like Fallout 3 but no huge map to explore, its follow the path and kill all the enemy, feels more like mass effect 2 to me for the shooting but with melee combat.
yeah the shooting i don't mind but the melee combat thing is what i'm thinking of, is it just a 1 button melee attack? or is it like this button does this, this button does this, this button does this, etc etc etc ?

beh i just downloaded the demo last night before bed, i test it out myself o3o
Lt. Commander
# 1175
10-29-2011, 11:21 AM
-kicks thread to top-

so i've gotten a bit more into my warhammer (still just vanilla colored atm but working on getting things assembled) i've got 3 armos of points 500-800 nid, space marine and orc

anyway, reason for posting... #1 for my nid warriors they have a socket size of roughly 1/8th (possible a tiny bit bigger ) and i'm planning on using magnets, but 1/th seems a bit big especially when putting them into the ball joint section of the weapon (where it connects to the body ) i'm thinking of using 3/32th which would be a perfect size, but i can't find any 3/32th size magnets,
does anybody either a) know if 1/8th size magnets would work? (like would the arm joints have enough material for me to insert a 0.125 diameter magnet? )
or know a spot to get 0.09375 diameter magnets?

and secondly, does anybody know the socket size of the monsterious creatures? like hive tyrants or tyrant guards? or mawlocs?
Lt. Commander
# 1176
10-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
-kicks thread to top-
Necromancer Panda?

Edit: Double Necromancer Panda?!
Lt. Commander
# 1177
10-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Necromancer Panda?

Edit: Double Necromancer Panda?!
nah uh! D: only once!

not my fault nobody cares about war hammer anymore u.u;
the thread has lost all it's luster since like, NOBODY posts anymore >.>
Lt. Commander
# 1178
11-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Quote:
nah uh! D: only once!

not my fault nobody cares about war hammer anymore u.u;
the thread has lost all it's luster since like, NOBODY posts anymore >.>
I rarely post anymore just lurk, but I would have liked to continue this thread but due to the mass thread closures a while back for non ST related posts I assumed it was safer not to bring it to the mods attention
Lt. Commander
# 1179
11-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
I rarely post anymore just lurk, but I would have liked to continue this thread but due to the mass thread closures a while back for non ST related posts I assumed it was safer not to bring it to the mods attention
i like to live dangerously! -continues thread-
now back to my reason for posting....except... i resolved the issue and got 1/10th size magnets which, for my nids atleast, WORK PERFECTLY! so.. my own question is kinda answered >.>

ok how about painting ideas
i have a few ideas in mind
idea #1 ALL glossy black.. except the eyes, make them a bright neon green (yes xenomorphic is what i'm aiming for )
this works nice because, i have no painting skill what so ever so having it all 1 color leaves less room for error, and i can work on my fine detailing by doing the eyes
idea #2
3-4 colors
have the yes neon green, and then a black in there some where, and possibly a grey, but have the caparace 1 color, the chitin 1 color and possibly the weapons/hooves 1 color,
i.e. for a hormagaunt i'd use 4 colors, eye color, then the chitin on it's back would be 1 color, then it's under side/skin would be 1 color, and then the weapons would be 1 color best example would be hive fleet leviathan's paint scheme, only using different colors... i'm just not sure what color lay out i want to use...
coz i want my models to have an overall "dark" apperance, so kinda want the black to be the body (the white part of leviathian ) but then that'll have a backwards kind of contrast with the chitin since it'll be a lighter color, i was thinking of making the chitin a very dark foresty green? would that work?
and what color should i make the weapons/hooves? i was thinking maybe a gun metal grey?
Lt. Commander
# 1180
11-05-2011, 06:54 AM
I would post more, but model trains, STO and lack of play mates gets in the way of Hammering.