Lt. Commander
# 161
05-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
First of all, I apologize for the quality of the photos. I am not a photographer. Quite the opposite, I suck at photography. But here's my army.

HQ

Knight-Captain Torvus Videar (Captain). Terminator Armor. 140 points. Angle 2.

Saint Claudius (Chaplain). Jump Pack. 115 points.

Prophet Chronos (Librarian). Epistolary. 150 points.

TROOPS

Knights of the Chapter (Tactical) Squad Castor. Meltagun, Heavy Bolter, Power Weapon. DT Rhino. 225 points.

Knights of the Chapter (Tactical) Squad Pollux. Meltagun, Missile Launcher. DT Rhino (not shown, don't have it yet). 210 points.

Angels of Retribution (Scout Sniper) Squad Redrick. Camo Cloaks. Sergeant Telion. Sniper Rifles. 137 points.

Squire (Scout) Squad Lobo. Heavy Bolter. 85 points.

ELITES

Holy Paladin (Terminator) Squad Mordecai. Assault Cannon. 230 points. Fielded (as shown) with my Captain.

Honored Paladin (Dreadnought) Remus. Extra Armor. Assault Cannon. Missile Launcher. 140 points. Angle 2. Angle 3.

Steadfast Paladin (Sternguard Veteran) Squad Adamos. Plasma Gun. Meltagun. 140 points. Typically fielded (not shown) with my Librarian, but not always. If the Captain and Chaplain can be fielded, my Librarian stays behind (two HQ limit).

FAST ATTACK

Holy Martyr (Assault) Squad Talonus. +5 Marines (unpainted, so not shown). Power Fist. Combat Shield. 220 points. Fielded (as shown) with my Chaplain.

Tornado pattern Land Speeder squadron. +2 Speeders. Multi-Meltas. Tornado Pattern Assault Cannons. 300 points. My fast-moving tank-killers.

HEAVY SUPPORT

Predator Annihilator "Sudden Death". TL Lascannon. Sponson-Mounted Lascannons. Storm Bolter. 175 points. My mobile heavy-weapons platform.

All together, 2267 points.

I'm planning on getting a Predator Destructor and a Land Raider Crusader to flesh out the Heavy Support slots. I'm not sure yet what I'll do with my third Fast Attack slot.
wouldn't it be easyer to paint prior to assemble?
Lt. Commander
# 162
05-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
wouldn't it be easyer to paint prior to assemble?
Depends on what you're painting.

If you're painting Tyranids, with a lot of limbs and not much covering their bodies once assembled, I'd say no.

If you were painting Sisters of Battle, with weapons held at ready and all manner of holy icons adoring their armor, I'd say yes.

Space Marines are somewhere in between. Put everything but the weapon and the backpack together and you're really not restricted as to what you can paint. You can still reach it all.

It just depends on the army you decide on.

Orks, no. Tyranids, no. Eldar, yes. Dark Eldar, yes. Tau, yes. Witchhunters, yes. Demonhunters, yes. Imperial Guard, yes. Necrons, no (but nobody plays Necrons anyway, they suck). Chaos, yes. Space Marines, yes. All to varying degrees.
Lt. Commander
# 163
05-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Depends on what you're painting.

If you're painting Tyranids, with a lot of limbs and not much covering their bodies once assembled, I'd say no.

If you were painting Sisters of Battle, with weapons held at ready and all manner of holy icons adoring their armor, I'd say yes.

Space Marines are somewhere in between. Put everything but the weapon and the backpack together and you're really not restricted as to what you can paint. You can still reach it all.

It just depends on the army you decide on.

Orks, no. Tyranids, no. Eldar, yes. Dark Eldar, yes. Tau, yes. Witchhunters, yes. Demonhunters, yes. Imperial Guard, yes. Necrons, no (but nobody plays Necrons anyway, they suck). Chaos, yes. Space Marines, yes. All to varying degrees.
awww but the necrons look so cool, why/how do they suck? o.o;
Lt. Commander
# 164
05-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
awww but the necrons look so cool, why/how do they suck? o.o;
Truth be told, they don't in a practical sense, but in fluff, they've undergone some serious Badass Decay.

At first, they were too powerful. So Games Workshop toned them down so that everyone and they mother can kick their ass.

They DO have some really cool special rules, though. Undying, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 165
05-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Truth be told, they don't in a practical sense, but in fluff, they've undergone some serious Badass Decay.

At first, they were too powerful. So Games Workshop toned them down so that everyone and they mother can kick their ass.

They DO have some really cool special rules, though. Undying, etc.
what kinda rules?
Lt. Commander
# 166
05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
That they can sometimes come back to life after you kill them is the most annoying bit.
Lt. Commander
# 167
05-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
what kinda rules?
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Necron_Special_Rules
Lt. Commander
# 168
05-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
That they can sometimes come back to life after you kill them is the most annoying bit.
Click some of those links I posted. I wanna know your opinion of my ever-growing army.
Lt. Commander
# 169
05-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Click some of those links I posted. I wanna know your opinion of my ever-growing army.
I really like the paint job on the Tactical Squads. Then again I tend to look at Troops first.

The Dreadnought looks nice as well.

My army is basically a swarm of more infantry then you can kill.
Lt. Commander
# 170
05-26-2010, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
I really like the paint job on the Tactical Squads. Then again I tend to look at Troops first.

The Dreadnought looks nice as well.

My army is basically a swarm of more infantry then you can kill.
You're not supposed to like the Troops units the most, those are the ones I spend the LEAST amount of time painting. :p

But my Dreadnought was the one I spent the MOST time on, so I'm glad you noticed him.

Oh, believe you me. Between my bolters, heavy bolters, missile launchers, storm bolters, and assault cannons, I can kill quite a bit of infantry.

In fact, my army's leaning a little too heavily towards anti-infantry at the moment, which is why I got the Land Speeders with multi-meltas and the Predator Annihilator.

If you didn't guess already, I like assault cannons. Assault cannon on a Terminator, assault cannon on the Dreadnought, assault cannons on the Land Speeders, and twin-link assault cannon when I get my Land Raider Crusader.

Heavy 4 and rending, baby. That's where it's at.