Lt. Commander
# 221
06-21-2010, 07:33 AM
So I'm falling into my usual trap as a serious altaholic.

I now have an assembled and mostly-painted 3300 point Space Marine army, that fills the entire force organization chart and then some (five HQ units, oops :p).

I have 1100 points of Orks, who are my Green Tide (infantry-heavy melee fighter horde) for use against things like Tyranids and Guardsmen.

I have several IG vehicles (so far two Chimeras, one Leman Russ and one Hellhound) on order for my IG Mechanized Regiment.

Now I'm considering starting a Tau cadre. I already have the codex and I have what I actually want to buy in mind - I'd like to field several Fire Warrior teams, each with a Devilfish, backed up by XV-88 Broadsides and Sniper Drones, with a couple of Pirhanas as fast-moving priority takedown units. My strategy would be moving the Devilfish into fortuitous shooting positions, unloading my Fire Warriors, firing until the enemy is nearly close enough to assault, loading back up, and moving again. Shoot, move, shoot, move, rinse and repeat, with the Broadsides providing my anti-armor firepower from afar (72" range on railguns woo) and my sniper drones deploying at any critical chokepoint, if there is one. The Piranhas remain on standby to take down any priority infantry targets, e.g. an enemy HQ unit that's getting too close to my Broadsides for comfort, or what have you.

Is there something wrong with me? Should I be satisfied with one or two armies? Am I going insane? Wait don't answer that last one.
Lt. Commander
# 222
06-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
So I'm falling into my usual trap as a serious altaholic.

I now have an assembled and mostly-painted 3300 point Space Marine army, that fills the entire force organization chart and then some (five HQ units, oops :p).

I have 1100 points of Orks, who are my Green Tide (infantry-heavy melee fighter horde) for use against things like Tyranids and Guardsmen.

I have several IG vehicles (so far two Chimeras, one Leman Russ and one Hellhound) on order for my IG Mechanized Regiment.

Now I'm considering starting a Tau cadre. I already have the codex and I have what I actually want to buy in mind - I'd like to field several Fire Warrior teams, each with a Devilfish, backed up by XV-88 Broadsides and Sniper Drones, with a couple of Pirhanas as fast-moving priority takedown units. My strategy would be moving the Devilfish into fortuitous shooting positions, unloading my Fire Warriors, firing until the enemy is nearly close enough to assault, loading back up, and moving again. Shoot, move, shoot, move, rinse and repeat, with the Broadsides providing my anti-armor firepower from afar (72" range on railguns woo) and my sniper drones deploying at any critical chokepoint, if there is one. The Piranhas remain on standby to take down any priority infantry targets, e.g. an enemy HQ unit that's getting too close to my Broadsides for comfort, or what have you.

Is there something wrong with me? Should I be satisfied with one or two armies? Am I going insane? Wait don't answer that last one.
i wish i could play =[
Lt. Commander
# 223
06-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by homsikpanda View Post
i wish i could play =[
Move to a town that isn't crappy. Like Louisville. Louisville kicks way more ass than that place you're from.
Lt. Commander
# 224
06-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Move to a town that isn't crappy. Like Louisville. Louisville kicks way more ass than that place you're from.
I'm keeping quiet about the town I live in :p
Lt. Commander
# 225
06-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
I'm keeping quiet about the town I live in :p
It's probably just as crappy as Not-Louisville.

Because anywhere that is Not-Louisville is totally way crappier than Louisville.

Except Seattle. I was in Seattle once, and it's quite nice. I may move there someday.
Lt. Commander
# 226
06-21-2010, 01:30 PM
Quote:
It's probably just as crappy as Not-Louisville.
You have obviously been here
Lt. Commander
# 227
06-21-2010, 03:14 PM
Louisville is great except for the fact that it is Louisville.

Evansville is way better. I mean Louisville was named after a guy named Louis, which is French and therefore inherently flawed. Evansville on the other hand is named after a Colonel Evans and is therefore much more awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 228
06-21-2010, 03:41 PM
you neglect that all those places are in america.... how about something atleast in my native country ?

also, tokyo is amazing.....
Lt. Commander
# 229
06-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Louisville is great except for the fact that it is Louisville.

Evansville is way better. I mean Louisville was named after a guy named Louis, which is French and therefore inherently flawed. Evansville on the other hand is named after a Colonel Evans and is therefore much more awesome.
So how many game stores do you have in Evansville? Oh, that's right, you gotta cross the river for stuff like that.

(Actually I have no idea if you have any game stores, but I got nothin' bad to say about Evansville so I'm kind of reaching :p)
Lt. Commander
# 230
06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
We have Comic Quest.

But The Coollector's Mall one in Owensboro is a hundred times more awesome simply because they have twenty foot tall statues of Darth Vader, Superman, and The Hulk outside and a blacklight mini-golf course upstairs.