Lt. Commander
# 511
08-20-2010, 12:08 PM
OOoooh, Eldar O-o I entertained getting an Eldar army shortly before the Tau came out. Have a couple of the Wraithguard that I inheritted from family.

Anyway, how come the AoBR dreads so different? Just in size? But design too?

*goes and takes a look at the pictures from Dawson*
Lt. Commander
# 512 Warhammer 40k
08-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Its sad how addicted I am to 40k I have a.
Chaos Space marine army (Black Leigon) Commando style
Space Marine (Grey Ghosts my own chapter) Recon style
Eldar (Sai Haim) Mobile infantry wave serpants and fast bikes (Eldar are Fragile)
IG (Desert Raiders Catch combo since they discontinued Desert raiders) Why? its so fun when I guy with a Str 3 Lasgun -AP takes down a carnifex by shooting him in the eye. <Plus the new rules make out flanking a opponent comical.

I have 2 Warhammer fantasy armys
Bert Boys
Orc's Goblins

Battle fleet Gothic
Ork and Goblin fleet
IG Fleet

I sure some people have more armys than me never the less I am always spending a hour painting somthing.
Lt. Commander
# 513
08-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
OOoooh, Eldar O-o I entertained getting an Eldar army shortly before the Tau came out. Have a couple of the Wraithguard that I inheritted from family.

Anyway, how come the AoBR dreads so different? Just in size? But design too?

*goes and takes a look at the pictures from Dawson*
The fit of the arms is different.
Lt. Commander
# 514
08-20-2010, 01:12 PM
your god emperor is dead fools the eldar shall rule you all muahhahaha
Lt. Commander
# 515
08-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I'd recommend running Deathwing rather than Loganwing. I'm working on a 1500 point Deathwing list, and while some upgrades are a little bit wonky in the point costs, you have a bit more freedom with your equipment loadouts.
Really? Every Wolf Guard being customizable is more restricting than Deathwing? :p

I could only do small-scale games anyway. If I really wanna stick to my lore, then my 1st Company only has about 25 Marines left in it, as they're still recovering from a daemonic invasion of their homeworld (lost about 2/3 of the Chapter in the process of saving their home). Though that'd actually probably still be enough for a Death/Loganwing, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 516
08-20-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Really? Every Wolf Guard being customizable is more restricting than Deathwing? :p

I could only do small-scale games anyway. If I really wanna stick to my lore, then my 1st Company only has about 25 Marines left in it, as they're still recovering from a daemonic invasion of their homeworld (lost about 2/3 of the Chapter in the process of saving their home). Though that'd actually probably still be enough for a Death/Loganwing, heh.
Can you make a Wolf Guard into an Apothecary?

If not, then yes, Wolf Guard are more restricting.
Lt. Commander
# 517
08-21-2010, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Can you make a Wolf Guard into an Apothecary?

If not, then yes, Wolf Guard are more restricting.
Well...I can in my homegrown 'dex (along with Company Champions, Standard Bearers, and Lexicanium Librarians).
Lt. Commander
# 518
08-22-2010, 03:34 AM
The AOBR doesn't have transfers for the Raven Gaurd....

Anyway....pics!
About 3/4 done.
Notice the white shoulder armour trim - a mistake as I hadn't got the Cdex to hand at that point.
Finished!!

Some minor repainting re Grenade/boxes, and maybe his eyes could do with a little work..but...I'm happy with it.
Lt. Commander
# 519
08-22-2010, 07:14 AM
You're spraying that basecoat, right?

A couple of tips:

1) Be careful with the spray, it can clump up in parts if you use too much of it. Go at it in coats like you would with a brush. The first coat is going to show some gray, the second coat should cover it, but you'll get a more even coat and you won't see as much clumping.

2) Get a real fine brush and a pot of black paint to touch up. I use a 5/0 brush (about the smallest you can get) to touch up around the eyes and shoulders where the other colors inevitably run over a bit.

3) Any Space Marine chapter can have black helmet grills and backpack vents, if you want to make yours stand out a bit, drybrush these areas with Boltgun Metal. Drybrushing is basically getting some paint on your brush, then stroking the brush against some newspaper until there's barely any paint coming off. Then lightly stroke the area you're wanting to drybrush and you'll get a cool metal effect. You can do the same thing with the boltgun he's carrying - if I remember correctly, the Raven Guard use black trim and metal parts on their boltguns - paint everything but the plated bits on the top and side boltgun metal, and leave those black.

4) A good way to do the aquila on his chest is to paint it black, then with white, stroke downwards, so the tops of each crease in the wings are painted but a little black is showing on the bottom. Looks really cool.

Otherwise, looks good so far!
Lt. Commander
I think cryptic should use the same engine as STO for a Warhammer Online game. Would need more focus on ground than space but 40k is generally about space. Attacking space hulks and boarding them would be bloody good.

Would a genestealer faction work? lol

I know I'd love to be a terminator captain with my away team being terminators.