Lt. Commander
# 531
08-24-2010, 11:19 AM
Eh, not a huge fan of the FW battlesuits, myself... at least not the FW battlesuit commanders.

The Broadsides look much nicer than the GW models, though. GW Broadsides look silly, with the railguns on their shoulders.

I'm modeling mine so the railguns hang from the smart missile systems on the arms.
Lt. Commander
# 532
08-24-2010, 11:34 AM
I play the tabletop game, i have Necrons, Tyranids and Chaos. Dawn of war 2 is nice, but they went the wrong direction, smaller battles is not what 40k is about. Starcraft is closer to 40k than DoW 2. I loved Dark Crusade, Soulstorm was a a joke. Has anyone seen the trailer for the 40k MMO? They're gonna make DoW 3.

I'm workin on a Star Trek Codex for 40k tabletop, it'll have Feds, Klingons and borg in one book for use with the 40k rulebook.
Lt. Commander
# 533
08-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Saint or Raven, how do you have your Fire Warriors equipped and loaded out? Do you have all pulse rifles, pulse carbines mixed in, drones, grenades etc?
Lt. Commander
# 534
08-26-2010, 06:08 AM
Ok, the marine has been "greened" - photo to come after I get back from work.
Lt. Commander
# 535
08-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momiji View Post
Saint or Raven, how do you have your Fire Warriors equipped and loaded out? Do you have all pulse rifles, pulse carbines mixed in, drones, grenades etc?
Well I personally don't have any FW. But my bf uses all rifles on his FW, but has a pair of gun drones with him. If the enemy gets too close, he can have his drones pin them and everyone hops back into the transport and falls back.

He does not use Photon Grenades on his FW teams. Grenades are used in Assaults and if The Plan goes as Planned, then FW will not see melee. Seriously, keep them out of it. Guardsmen are better at it then they are.
Lt. Commander
# 536
08-26-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Well I personally don't have any FW. But my bf uses all rifles on his FW, but has a pair of gun drones with him. If the enemy gets too close, he can have his drones pin them and everyone hops back into the transport and falls back.

He does not use Photon Grenades on his FW teams. Grenades are used in Assaults and if The Plan goes as Planned, then FW will not see melee. Seriously, keep them out of it. Guardsmen are better at it then they are.
What she said. If Fire Warriors were even remotely good at close-combat, the grenades might be useful to help them survive, but against anything stronger than Guardsmen, it's not going to make a difference.
Lt. Commander
# 537
08-26-2010, 11:26 AM
*giggles* thanks for the advice, any more of course welcome ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 538
08-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Rifles. Don't use pulse carbines or drones.

First of all, drones are horrendously expensive for what they do (which isn't much) at 12 points apiece. Second, 1 shot per drone at BS2 is going to do exactly nothing in 99% of scenarios, even twin-linked.

I run four groups of ten FW in Warfish (Devilfish w/ Targeting Array, Multi-Tracker, Smart Missile System, Disruption Pods). Two of my Warfish come from my Pathfinders, so I only pay for two in my Troops selections.

Never ever ever let your FW out of their Devilfish unless you want them to die. The only time they need to leave their Fish is turn 5 to hold objectives, or if you hit a target of opportunity and absolutely need 20 S5AP5 shots at 12"... but you damn well better hope those 20 shots kill what you're shooting at, or they're dead as soon as what you're shooting at can assault the FW.

Also, Raven is correct in that grenades are useless on FW.

Edit: Momiji, you know you can just look at my Tau lists if you have questions about wargear or unit makeups, right?
Lt. Commander
# 539
08-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks ^_^ and yeah, I have your list kept in a notepad, just it only stated that there were 10 in each squad, so was kinda wondering what they were actually armed with... Unless you mean you have a different list stored elsewhere not in the post you made the other week ^_^

Also, out of curiosity, what happens to the drones you get with your FW boxes and the "missing" 2 drones that come with?
Lt. Commander
# 540
08-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Hah. Um, well, I assemble them and they never get painted.

And I always have all of my wargear spelled out in my lists - so if it doesn't say they have any wargear, they have their default equipment.

And just for you, let me go ahead and post all of my lists (1500, 2000, and 2500).

The 2500 point list may have changed slightly, I dunno.