Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 621
10-18-2010, 06:13 AM
So I've gotten rather fed up with not being able to sell my Space Marines, and got sick of looking at their stupid little white helmeted heads (stupid Space Marines), so I'm coming up with projects I can use them for. My Deathwatch army was a grand success - not the most competitive army, but fun to build and paint, and looks awesome - so I figured I'd try a few more nonstandard Marine armies.

Right now I'm working on 100% converted Grey Knights. Yes, an army of Grey Knights without a single original Grey Knight model. Flamers as incinerators, Storm Bolters on PASM, and tricky conversions involving Scout CCWs, Daemonette Icons of Chaos, and Tomb Kings polearms to make Nemesis Force Weapons.

So far, I've got a unit of PAGK with Justicar (with two Incinerators), two Dreadnoughts (one from an AoBR Dread sprue and one from my old Assault Cannon/Missile Launcher Dread from my Marine army), a Grand Master (made from the AoBR Terminator Sergeant with a storm bolter and a thunder hammer), and a retinue of 3 Grey Knight Terminators (AoBR Termies with cobbled-together Nemesis Force Weapons).

I'm running out of bits for Nemesis Force Weapons and only have four or so Storm Bolters left, but hopefully I'll be able to put together at least one more unit of PAGK and have a legal army at around 1000 points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 622
10-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Fair enough, I'll simply make that rule optional. I'd want to play with it, but I know plenty of people wouldn't.

Very nice Tyranids by the way! I like the color scheme, the greens and purples contrast nicely. The Swarmlord arms are pretty cool, I may have to look into some Chapterhouse stuff when I officially start buying models for my Nidzilla list. Do you plan on converting the Doom model at all? I've seen some really awesome Zoey conversions for the Doom of Malan'tai out there.
I haven't, I've just been using the stock model. I'll probably just stick with that one, though I'm tossing around ideas for converting plastic zoey's (the warrior bodies and tails are about the right size...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Also, check it out.

Giggity.
Seen her before, but still gets me hot. What I wanna know is where all these chicks hide in between cons.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
So I've gotten rather fed up with not being able to sell my Space Marines, and got sick of looking at their stupid little white helmeted heads (stupid Space Marines), so I'm coming up with projects I can use them for. My Deathwatch army was a grand success - not the most competitive army, but fun to build and paint, and looks awesome - so I figured I'd try a few more nonstandard Marine armies.

Right now I'm working on 100% converted Grey Knights. Yes, an army of Grey Knights without a single original Grey Knight model. Flamers as incinerators, Storm Bolters on PASM, and tricky conversions involving Scout CCWs, Daemonette Icons of Chaos, and Tomb Kings polearms to make Nemesis Force Weapons.

So far, I've got a unit of PAGK with Justicar (with two Incinerators), two Dreadnoughts (one from an AoBR Dread sprue and one from my old Assault Cannon/Missile Launcher Dread from my Marine army), a Grand Master (made from the AoBR Terminator Sergeant with a storm bolter and a thunder hammer), and a retinue of 3 Grey Knight Terminators (AoBR Termies with cobbled-together Nemesis Force Weapons).

I'm running out of bits for Nemesis Force Weapons and only have four or so Storm Bolters left, but hopefully I'll be able to put together at least one more unit of PAGK and have a legal army at around 1000 points.
Heh. Interesting conversion project. More work than I'd probably be willing (or able) to put in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 623
10-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Well so far it looks as if I'm going to be limited to a whopping 16 models for an entire 1000 point army, so it's not quite as grand a project as it sounds. And that includes the 2 Dreadnoughts, which require very little conversion (just some skull-and-iron-cross iconography if I can find it in my bitz box).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 624
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerka View Post
Seen her before, but still gets me hot. What I wanna know is where all these chicks hide in between cons.
Never dressed up as a WH40k character before, but in between cons I hide in Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 625
10-18-2010, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Never dressed up as a WH40k character before, but in between cons I hide in Star Trek.
Well, I know where YOU hide, but that still leaves the rest of them unaccounted for.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 626
10-18-2010, 04:46 PM
So, I just discovered this guy who's done some VERY nice 40K CGI pictures, such as:

Captain Lysander

Inquisitor Coteaz

Epic battle scene

He has a few other things, but some of the non-40K stuff in his gallery is NSFW, so be warned.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 627
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I want to like his art, but I can't stand Marines without helmets, so I just can't bring myself to enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 628
10-18-2010, 06:13 PM
So having finished 1635: The Eastern Front I decided to read Cadian Blood.

Not quite done yet, but it is a very good read. It includes gritty ground combat of both armored warfare and urban combat against a Chaos infested shrineworld, Titans, Space Marines duking ot out with Chaos Marines, Inquisitors, Psykers, an awesome space battle, orbital assaults, and a good look at a few days in the life of an Imperial Guard officer.

I just read an awesome fight scene where an Imperial Guard Captain and a Kasrkin Sergeant assault a Chaos Dreadnought. Between the two of them they have some frag grenades, a bolt pistol, a hellpistol, and a chainsword. And they win. Then the Space Marines show up, look at the dead Chaos Dreadnought, and nod in approval. Don't worry Hazard, they have helmets on.

Overall, it is a very fun read. This book would be a very good script for a Warhammer 40k movie as it introduces many of the common thematic elements of the setting without getting bogged down in details like deeper books like Eisenhorn and Ravenor can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 629
10-18-2010, 08:00 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about Cadian Blood. It's on my "to read" list.

In other news, I've finished assembling my BFG fleet. One Battleship, one Grand Cruiser, two Light Cruisers, and five Destroyers. Apparently I made an oops... Grand Cruisers, being from a different list (technically) than the rest of the ships, don't count towards my Cruiser total to allow me to run my Battleship. You can run one Battleship for every three Cruisers, and technically I only have two Cruisers. Which is stupid.

So I'm just going to have to ask my opponent if he/she is okay with me counting my Grand Cruiser towards my cruiser total. I've got an alternate list set up with a Solar Admiral on a Battlecruiser instead of a Fleet Admiral on a Battleship in case they say no.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 630
10-19-2010, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
I want to like his art, but I can't stand Marines without helmets, so I just can't bring myself to enjoy it.
Even when they're just chilling at the fortress-monastery? :p

I have Cadian Blood on-hand too, but haven't gotten to it yet. I'm waaayyyy behind on my 40K reading, but managing to catch up. Or at least that's what I tell myself, I'm about to my semi-annual point of picking up another batch of books, which will probably put me right back where I started, heh. Stupid classes distracting me with their own reading assignments.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM.