Lt. Commander
# 81
05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
Let's look at the facts shall we.
Haruhi has commanded a battlefleet of humans that has purged an alien menace from space.
Haruhi caused a force of psykers to be organized that worship her.
Haruhi doesn't loose.
Haruhi rules from her not-quite Golden Throne. Right now it's kind of like a desk.
Haruhi commands her followers to hunt down rogue psykers and aliens.

The Emperor resides in the Golden Throne, so it is possible that over the course of Ten-Thousand years that some facts were obscured and the God-Emperor is actually the God-Empress.
...but that would mean accepting a radical change in dogma and I fear change almost as much as I fear spiders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
I have a mint CE of WAR, got it for free while working for GOA europe as part of the WAR CSR team.
That is entirely too awesome to be true. Shut up and stop spewing your filthy lies, you deceiving b*stard.
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Hazard... really, i would never lie to you.
Lt. Commander
# 83
05-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
Hazard... really, i would never lie to you.
What did I tell you about lying to me?
Lt. Commander
# 84
05-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Is this a pics or it didn't happen kind of thing?
Lt. Commander
# 85
05-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Nah, I believe you, just pulling your chain.

It's too easy, man.
Lt. Commander
# 86
05-24-2010, 02:20 PM
As long as it wasn't my good name being called in to repute.

I paid good money for that.
Lt. Commander
# 87
05-25-2010, 10:44 AM
I've just had a thought about STO ground combat. Now I don't get many of these due to senility in old age .

STO ground combat suffers from the lack of being able to use the terrain as a shield, or at least thats what it looks like. If I hide behind a rock I still get shot as if I was jumping up and down in the open shouting shoot me. Anyhow, as usual 40k has the answer. It's been a few years since I last played a game of it but remember you used to get a bonus for being in or near cover.

Couldn't they somehow do that for STO, so if your near a tree trunk you get a buff to make the enemy shots less accurate. The further from the object the less buff.
Lt. Commander
# 88
05-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post
I've just had a thought about STO ground combat. Now I don't get many of these due to senility in old age .

STO ground combat suffers from the lack of being able to use the terrain as a shield, or at least thats what it looks like. If I hide behind a rock I still get shot as if I was jumping up and down in the open shouting shoot me. Anyhow, as usual 40k has the answer. It's been a few years since I last played a game of it but remember you used to get a bonus for being in or near cover.

Couldn't they somehow do that for STO, so if your near a tree trunk the enemy get a buff to make the enemy shots less accurate. The further from the object the less buff.
You get to roll a cover save.

There's still a chance the shot goes right through that six foot wide rock and hits you. :p
Lt. Commander
# 89
05-25-2010, 10:47 AM
HEHE yeah...
Lt. Commander
# 90
05-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi View Post

Couldn't they somehow do that for STO, so if your near a tree trunk you get a buff to make the enemy shots less accurate. The further from the object the less buff.
A cover system? you are a shocking and original thinker.