Lt. Commander
I don't know much Expanded Star Trek Universe but are they any caveats to being a symbiotes first trill? I was going to write a character bio but blatantly making stuff up I know nothing about seems silly

Anyone know joined trill culture?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I was actually realy wondering about this too. I was trying to work on the bio from my joined trill and I looked on memory alpha and beta but all the listed symbiotes all had at least a few previous hosts... I guess since there's no precedence, you're free to improvise :)
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
It kind of implies that a Joined Trill character (for game purposes) is not the first Trill joined with that particular symbiont, otherwise how would a "brand new" symbiont be giving you "lifetimes of stored experiences" (in game terms, one additional trait at character creation)? But this is your character so you decide what his/her bio is.

I think the idea of being a symbiont's "first" could be cool, everything is new and fresh (ever done something that is old and boring with someone who has never done it before (like a new girlfriend or a child)? It's like it's brand new for you, too!).

In a way, you're mentoring/parenting the symbiont ("imprinting" it as it were) and have the satisfaction of knowing that everything you do or experience will live on for a long time within that symbiont, a kind of psychic immortality.

The previously unjoined symbiont could offer a fresh, wide-eyed perspective to a jaded or world-weary Trill.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainasium View Post
I was actually realy wondering about this too. I was trying to work on the bio from my joined trill and I looked on memory alpha and beta but all the listed symbiotes all had at least a few previous hosts... I guess since there's no precedence, you're free to improvise
This may help

Trill Society
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I think I've got a total geeky fan-fiction bio ready to write, but here's another question. How does a symbiote get its name?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-19-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefritob View Post
How does a symbiote get its name?
Through a very complex intricate decision process.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefritob View Post
I think I've got a total geeky fan-fiction bio ready to write, but here's another question. How does a symbiote get its name?

Good question!

I wonder, do unjoined symbionts have there own "society"/social groups/schools (like fish, they are eel-like after all)? Are there symbionts that choose not to be joined with a Trill?

Do symbionts choose their own name or are they named by their parents(s) or by a consensus of their peers or do they choose a name upon being joined for the first time with a host (do they take the surname of their first host, perhaps)?

I wonder if any of the novels have gone into this in any detail?