Lt. Commander
I had posted this in the gameplay section which was obviously wrong, this is the correct place I think.

I was fighting a cube last night and a few secs into the fight my whole screen had a wavy effect (like red alert). This effect was I guess supposed to notify me something had happened, god knows what as no icons were showing.

I spoke to Cryptic_Falkoni (sp?) on the IRC who helped identify it as an intended change this patch (didnt see it in notes)

Can there be a way to disable it, not only is it too much and covering so much of the screen the distraction is nuts but the waving is actually giving me pretty nasty headaches (wondering if I have another problem but still )

If the is a / command to get shot of it I would be really happy, if it cant be disabled I will need to leave borg cubes at least alone, although the chap on IRC meantioned it might be other ships too which causes me great concern for being able to play.

I notice noone else has mentioned it, so either its not been seen or its just not bothing others (which I have to admit would suprise me)

Thanks for your time.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-29-2010, 02:32 AM
Yeah one of those was mine I had put in the wrong place, and I posted in the other myself too to comunicate what Cryptic had told me on IRC.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-29-2010, 02:38 AM
Looked around in the video options and game boxes and couldn't find a way to turn it off... Yeah, its annoying as heck
Lt. Commander
# 5 Ugh
03-29-2010, 02:53 AM
First of all, I would like to know what it is trying to tell me. It looks similar to the 'grey out' you get in ground combat before you die, so it might the 'it's all about to be over' warning.

Second, it's very disturbing.

Third, it's very disturbing.

Lt. Commander
# 6
03-29-2010, 03:14 AM
Ive had it at full health and hull, seems to be borg sheld eater skill or perhaps being borded. I have only had it on borg cubes myself so far but one of the cryptic fellows said he had it on a sphere too.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2010, 01:50 AM
Since im about to have my second toon hitting borg areas soon Im going to bump this in the dim hope of some help/change before I have to stop playing this one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-04-2010, 01:56 AM
This is the first computer graphic element that has ever given me motion sickness.

I despise it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2010, 05:31 AM
Pretty sure this is the Intruder Alert, due to Borg boarding parties (identified from the transporter beam sound). I could be wrong, though, as the CombatLog is so very inadequate. (Read this and post your support to improve the CombatLog (click me)!)

Personally, I don't mind the graphical effect. I just wish that, if it is indeed an enemy boarding party, that the party actually -did- something. I don't recall ever losing crew from Borg boarding parties.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2010, 06:17 AM
If they are boarding parties, then why didn't my Tactical Team remove the effect?