Lt. Commander
# 91
04-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie3000
For what it's worth, I really hope this isn't a Cryptic game they're talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
Atari will be hosting the focus testing at the offices of Cryptic Studios in Los Gatos, California and we will be having several sessions taking place in the afternoons and evenings during the week of April 26, 2010. Please be aware that this is not a new Cryptic Studios Game.
Crisis averted!
Lt. Commander
# 92
04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amasilver View Post
Crisis averted!
The game they are probably talking about is Test Drive Unlimited 2

Which is in this months XBOX magaizine.

IT is being developed by Eden Studio's

Owned by Atari.

Dont know why they are trying to be so secretive about it, calling it a racing console MMO.

Looks pretty good (in theory) but if Atari rushes it like it did STO it will be just another fail game.
Lt. Commander
# 93
04-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Trailer
Release Fall 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjswMKobPoA

Its an Atari product, fair call to ask gamers if they are interested in beta testing.
Lt. Commander
# 94
04-30-2010, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxhead
Test Drive Unlimited 2 - Trailer
Release Fall 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjswMKobPoA

Its an Atari product, fair call to ask gamers if they are interested in beta testing.
Nope, sorry, completely disagree with you. If it was the same developer (ie: Cryptic and Cryptic), then sure. They advertised STO beta with the CO people. But this is a different developer (Eden) with the same publisher. It's not even a slightly similar genre of games.

The whole thread is in very bad taste. It shows what Cryptic/Atari really cares about: money, not its customers.
Lt. Commander
# 95
04-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Nope, sorry, completely disagree with you. If it was the same developer (ie: Cryptic and Cryptic), then sure. They advertised STO beta with the CO people. But this is a different developer (Eden) with the same publisher. It's not even a slightly similar genre of games.

The whole thread is in very bad taste. It shows what Cryptic/Atari really cares about: money, not its customers.
That its not even their game should be an indication of them being forced to do this, if anything.

And of course they really care about money, why else would you make a videogame.

The only ones they're hurting with this are the ones looking for the fault in everything, trying to find things to feel insulted over. If anything they're helping fans of racing games or Atari (joke kek?).
Lt. Commander
# 96
04-30-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revhain
And of course they really care about money, why else would you make a videogame.
Cryptic states over and over again that they enjoy developing games and want to develop games they consider fun. Profit is always important for a company but it doesn't have to be their only or primary motivation. However, with Atari, I think it's Atari's only motivation since they're more of a publisher.
Lt. Commander
# 97
05-01-2010, 04:37 AM
I have seen this thread for too long to keep quiet. I don't like it being advertised in our forums, and especially take offense in it being a sticky in the Federation News Network forum. I agree, it's in bad taste.. if they REALLY want us to know about it, they should have an "off topic" section where they can discuss other games in development. If any one of us had posted this here, it would have been nuked immediately.

Lt. Commander
# 98
05-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Aw, sorry to hear that you guys weren't as excited about this as I'd thought you'd be. Sorry about that. From my perspective, gaming events are always fun, even if they aren't focused on your personal game of choice, so I figured you guys wouldn't mind hearing about this opportunity.

I get to close this thread now that the event is over. Perhaps someday in the future, I can convince the higher-ups that we should do an event like this for STO. Cross your fingers!
Closed Thread