Lt. Commander
# 11
04-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
Yeah, that's a shame.

Q, sorry, I know you're an administrator here, but this is breaking your own ToS that your customers have to abide by. Way to set an example.

*sniff* *sniff* Do I smell Atari desperation with a side of greed?
Report it, anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post
Report it, anyone?
Did YOU? Don't answer, whether you did or not is not anyone else's business.

But it sure does feel like something that would be smacked if one of us posted it.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Edit: the seemingly relevant portion of the forum rules:

Quote:
3. Advertisements are not allowed. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product and/or service are considered advertising. Additionally, posts that unnecessarily send people to a website with which you are in some way affiliated also may be considered advertisements. It does not matter if such website is a commercial website, personal website or non-profit website.
(emphasis mine)
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Holy hell people... if you don't want to get involved then shove off. Why are you chastising an admin here for posting an announcement. Sure it might not be STO related (this is after all the STO News section)... so maybe another forum would have been more appropriate... but I'm pretty sure Atari can post here or Cryptic staff to discuss Atari.

You people honestly make me sick sometimes and it makes me not want to be a member of this community. You (as a whole) seem to always bring out the worst in people and hammer people for their mistakes. Get over yourselves and move on. If you don't like the post report it... but no one needs your nonsense peanut gallery comments.

Lt. Commander
# 14
04-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauwyn_Vorec
Holy hell people... if you don't want to get involved then shove off. Why are you chastising an admin here for posting an announcement. Sure it might not be STO related (this is after all the STO News section)... so maybe another forum would have been more appropriate... but I'm pretty sure Atari can post here or Cryptic staff to discuss Atari.

You people honestly make me sick sometimes and it makes me not want to be a member of this community. You (as a whole) seem to always bring out the worst in people and hammer people for their mistakes. Get over yourselves and move on. If you don't like the post report it... but no one needs your nonsense peanut gallery comments.

Because everyone else here disagrees with you so far?

Because you enjoy complaining about the complainers? (the irony of it all).

Because posting non-STO advertisements is against ToS that we have to follow.

Because posting off-topic things in an STO forum is against ToS.

Sure, it's a mod/admin, he can post whatever he likes. But it's still setting a bad example and in poor taste.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Is this a serious post?
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
How would you like the opportunity to preview and provide your feedback on an exciting new car-based, console MMO racing game? Are you interested in participating in a focus group and voicing your opinions? If so, we would like to hear from you.

Atari will be hosting the focus testing at the offices of Cryptic Studios in Los Gatos, California and we will be having several sessions taking place in the afternoons and evenings during the week of April 26, 2010. Please be aware that this is not a new Cryptic Studios Game.

We will offer a small stipend for your time and also feed you.

If you between the ages of 13 to 34 and are an avid online gamer on both console and PC we would love to hear from you.

If you are interested, please go to http://www.atari.com/focustest/racing-signup
(emphasis added by me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraSky
Hahahahahaha

This is yet another MMO that Atari is trying to push out via cryptic? So a 4th then. Since there is another on Crypts site that has been in development.

Fail in every sense. Not to mention the fact you, as it was stated, left out the +35 crowd. Oh and...

hahahahahahahahaha
While they may be posting the announcement here, the OP clearly states that it is not a new Cryptic game.

Seems there's enough fail to go around, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Is this a serious post?
Yep, they posted the same thing on the CO forums.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acherion View Post
Uhm ... are you kidding me?
To go focus test Test Drive 2 for Atari/Cryptic I would love to if I lived nearby.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I totally loved this game http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_%2776 and aside from its followup I haven't really found any well done games in a similar vein. I don't know if this kind of thing is what Atari intends, but if it is I'm all for it.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh good grief.

Who is this inconveniencing, nerfing, underrepresenting, or ripping off?
Closed Thread