Lt. Commander
# 101
02-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Oooohhhh shiny.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-22-2009, 12:53 PM
OH>>>>>>MY>>>>>>GOD!!!!!

My biggest worry currently is maintiaing my sanity until the game is released. So far I have been able to keep distracted by building mine and my wifes new PC's for the game, playing a lot of SFB ST:EF, and SFC and watching a lot of Trek reruns.

I'm really getting into Enterprise now.....and I feel guilty I didn't give it a proper shot when it was on the air.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
damm thats some great stuff...

now i cant sleep tonight tho
Lt. Commander
# 104 Sweet pics
02-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Sweet Pics
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Me likey, hey Mikey!

Seriously, these are looking pretty sharp. I wonder if we will be able to actually land on the planet manually or will it just go to a loading screen when our ship gets close to it? Personally, I would love to be able to set her down gently myself.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-23-2009, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
Me likey, hey Mikey!

Seriously, these are looking pretty sharp. I wonder if we will be able to actually land on the planet manually or will it just go to a loading screen when our ship gets close to it? Personally, I would love to be able to set her down gently myself.
90% would crash right into the planets crust...
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-23-2009, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernos View Post
OH>>>>>>MY>>>>>>GOD!!!!!

My biggest worry currently is maintiaing my sanity until the game is released.
I think the preferred word amongst guys in my clan/guild/fleet is that we are "Jonesin' for it". I looked up the meaning because being English it wasn't a familiar term. It's spot on and I too am Jonesin' for the release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernos View Post
I'm really getting into Enterprise now.....and I feel guilty I didn't give it a proper shot when it was on the air.
I watched all of Enterprise a couple of months back. I was really surprised at how good it was after being cut down in its prime.
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-23-2009, 08:53 AM
I realize this is a bit unfair given that we've seen so few interior screenshots (2?), but when I saw the new interior shot at IGN, the FIRST thing I thought was "oh no, please not another generic warehouse" style game!

Perhaps I thought this because of Cryptic's history with CoH/CoV where just about every single mission in the game takes place in an office building, warehouse, or cave that all look pretty much exactly the same. They all had the same hallways (even if SOMETIMES in slightly different places), they all had the same plants and same vending machines (even if SOMETIMES in slightly different place) ... but overall ... it was always the same office/warehouse you ran the last 250 missions in.

Like I said, I realize we've only seen like 2 interiors ... but please cryptic .. PLEASE don't do another game where every single non-faction interior looks like its just a shuffle of "generic interior" assets.

We shouldn't see the same 'ramps' and 'workstations' in every single interior ... and only moved around a bit.

Like I said, I'm not saying they are doing this, but I am saying they have done it before in other MMOs .... and I can practically SEE my controller running up the ramp in this STO screenshot rooting a bunch of Rikti.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Personally, I think the Miranda zooming out from the planetoid (Image 9 I think?) looks absolutely terrible. TBH it looks more like colored concept art than a screenshot...way too cartoony/sloppy - the engine trail, the ship model, the planetoid...

...but most of the images look great. I especially like this new batch, particularly the Bird of Prey and the one of the Miranda variant. I have to say the latter looks way better than that Sacagawea piece of garbage that Perpetual designed. Looked like a freakin' sci-fi rowboat with warp nacelles.

These screens combined with the latest Ask Cryptic have renewed my enthusiasm, as if it needed renewing!
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-23-2009, 09:25 AM
I'm so excited I am vibrating in and out of spacetime!

No, really. I think these shots are great and I hope they alay the fears of graphics being 'cartoony'. Top rate IMHO.