Lt. Commander
# 71
02-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sisko View Post
This is a freighter. It was known as the "Gourmall" and commanded by a disgraced Gul Dukat in the episode Return to Grace.

The Gourmall model was later redressed and used quite frequently.

So, this is the first peek of a Cardassian starship in-game. Of course, this model has some modifications.
Ah thank you for enlightening me! Never watched much of DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-21-2009, 08:44 AM
these look veryvery cool , cant wait to play this game . btw what was that ship, i dont know what it is.
Lt. Commander
# 73
02-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
Ah thank you for enlightening me! Never watched much of DS9.
I can't say I blame you lol, I looked at it and didn't recognize it either, and I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode.
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sisko View Post
Based on the recent "Ask Cryptic" I would say that this ship, and this ship, possibly this ship are all Miranda class variants.

They look basically like Mirandas, and I'm glad to say, not kitbashed at all.
i agree with ur first 2 pics being Mirandas, especially since the first 1 was even labled a miranda. but the 3rd one i disagree with. I think that is an entriely new ship. similar in design (under slung nacelles) but thats it,. Its possible that that thrid ship could be the afore mentioned and never seen STARGAZER CLASS.
Lt. Commander
# 75
02-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THORN74 View Post
i agree with ur first 2 pics being Mirandas, especially since the first 1 was even labled a miranda. but the 3rd one i disagree with. I think that is an entriely new ship. similar in design (under slung nacelles) but thats it,. Its possible that that thrid ship could be the afore mentioned and never seen STARGAZER CLASS.
I think those first two shots are of the same ship, but at different angles and lighting.
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidrain View Post
Those are some awesome shots, why didnt we see something like this before?
Never show your best hand first
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow..serious brain candy. Thanks so much for this and keep 'em coming!

Lt. Commander
# 78
02-21-2009, 02:28 PM
Those look incredible.
Lt. Commander
# 79 such awesomeness
02-21-2009, 03:05 PM
wow. these are some of the best ones yet. I mean, let me go through 'em one by one:

1st: nice detail, good overall view. wish I knew something about to the guy in the backdrop. looks like a nice place to confront a mad scientist.

2nd: pretty tough, good-looking ship. nice colours, gret detail on the asteroids. planet (I'm guessing borg or extremely industrialzed) reminds me of coruscant in star wars.

3rd: amazing! I love the cargo ship! and the donut asteroid actually looks awesome. if this is in fact the briar patch (which I always thought was red) I'm gonna go and try and pick a fight with the son'a or something just to see that.

4th: my favourite from this selection. love the buildings, love the environment, and LOVE the cold weather uniform, although it makes the officer look like a leafs fan.

5th: in terms of ship development, I now feel like we're getting somewhere. the previous Klingon ship was an older class, but his one has been revamped and upholstered and whatnot. it looks like a new ship. also, I can see that crytic is putting alot of effort into each environment. looking at this location, one can tell it is the same one mentioned in at least three other screenshots from other selections. good job!

6th: possibly the sickest-looking scout ship I have ever seen. it is definitely the twenty-fifth century version of a lamborghini, and I salute cryptic for coming up with it.

7th: I love the sleekness like powerful design of the vessel. definitely on my list of favourites. also, I wonder what the story is for those little bits of blue debris in the background...
Lt. Commander
# 80
02-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THORN74 View Post
I don't mean to sound like a nowitall, but Stargazers have been seen. Picard's ship the stargazer was, well, a stargazer, and it is seen in The Battle. Also, the same ship appears on the covers of several of the stargazer books by michael jan friedman.