Lt. Commander
# 11
04-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
By rolling a Klingon, you've voluntarily chosen hard mode. And now, you don't complain it's too hard, you gripe about how easy the Feds have it. That's just hilarious.
Didn't volunteer for anything. I was going to play Klingon just like I've done for the last 15-20 years in Star Fleet Battles. It had nothing to do with wanting to take the hard mode, only that Cryptic made Klingons utterly mind numbing. So I stopped playing my beloved Klingons and have played Fed since about the 3rd week.

I point out that the Feddie PvE is child's play and that the rewards there are both unwaranted by the effort required and out of all proportion to the rewards from PvP. If you think that's hilarious then you have a strange sense of humor.

This game is dead to me. I'll go thru the motions of playing out the Fed storyline like a zombie and let my subscription expire at the begining of May. The oly recommendation I have for this game is . . . don't play it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STObee
This game is dead to me. I'll go thru the motions of playing out the Fed storyline like a zombie and let my subscription expire at the begining of May. The oly recommendation I have for this game is . . . don't play it.
Then what strange compulsion makes you keep posting to this forum that is filled with people who are unlikely to be swayed one way or the other by your views?
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-17-2010, 04:57 PM
I also didnt volunteer for a "hard mode"
I just wantet a Bird of Prey, that is MY favorite Starship ever and the ability to fly one is the only reason I bought that game.

Anyway, I think the difficulty slider is enough, its not our job to elect the way other players play their game. By the slider everyone can pick his way himself. Its actually a very good idea i think.

Complain about Klingon stuff, there is enough to complain about, the way the Feds play PVE is not our business.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I play both Klingon and Federation characters. There are pluses and minuses to each to be sure.

Feds do get pretty solid items as rewards and finds through the PvE missions. That's a slight fed advantage because I only got MK III items until right before I got promoted when MK IV items became available.

Fed PvE in space is hardly a cake walk (I'm talking Tier 2...haven't tried any tier 3 yet. Just got promoted). Some types of ships go away very quickly with cannons, but not so quickly with beams. Other types of ships are reasonably easy with cannons and down right difficult with beams. With my shields being not so strong any more since Season 1, I am always getting shield facings burned down by single beams and getting in real trouble with certain types of ships in numbers that mass on a single shield facing. I win a fair number of those fights. Where I get killed is when the next ship follows, being right on top of me, and with me still burning in space, I get killed before I can fully heal. It is pretty much guaranteed.

As a Klingon in PvE, though my front shield does get burned down sometimes, the fed ships I encounter are just very easy to kill...all being 1 or 2 tiers above me. I've never seen a Typhoon Battleship blow up so quickly. Fed Space PvE is definitely more difficult than Klingon (my experience at Tier 2).

As for Ground PvE, Fed isn't as easy as you might think. Sometimes it is a cake walk, I'll grant you. Often, it isn't. 7 Klingons...4 with shields, 3 without...is a real handful. They always come in Hand to Hand, the 2 most dangerous (swordmasters) always come straight for you with dual pistols and Bat'leths, with the rest running amok, double teaming your away team members. I loose these more often than I win them. Another group starts out at 5 then beams in a group of 3 more behind you during the fight.

Klingon Ground PvE is a joke in my opinion by comparison. Fed soldiers, always out numbering me, spread out a little, then stand there. Their weapons don't even dent my white personal shields. It is more like being at a county fair and shooting your targets down one by one with no consequence's to yourself. Fed Ground PvE is definitely more difficult.

And finally, for PvP, it has been my experience at Tier 2 that Klingons dominate. Only once have I been on the loosing end with Klingons vs Feds. Feds don't get that many points for these actions, especially if they run it more than once. And as for the beginning, I was up to LT 6 before I even left Quo'Nos. It takes a bit longer to get there.

Personally, I would like to see more challenge, difficulty, and variety in the Klingon side rather than nerf the Fed side.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-17-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpadgett371 View Post
As for Ground PvE, Fed isn't as easy as you might think. Sometimes it is a cake walk, I'll grant you. Often, it isn't. 7 Klingons...4 with shields, 3 without...is a real handful. They always come in Hand to Hand, the 2 most dangerous (swordmasters) always come straight for you with dual pistols and Bat'leths, with the rest running amok, double teaming your away team members. I loose these more often than I win them. Another group starts out at 5 then beams in a group of 3 more behind you during the fight.
I have a Captain 10 Fed engineer officer, so I'm very familiar with Fed PvE. As a Captain I'm now picking up Mk IX items as drops and mission rewards. Can't use them until I'm an Admiral and have more than enough energy credits to buy personal equipment and ship weapons when I get promoted. Might get some items from the Fleet bank to round out my equipment or buy from the exchange.

Once you learn how to handle the multiple attackers PvE is a cakewalk. Besides, when I do occasionally die there's no penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-17-2010, 07:43 PM
I say give the Klinkbears a bone, give them PVE, but make sure you nerf them down big time, so they can truly experience Hard Mode.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DidymusFox
I say give the Klinkbears a bone, give them PVE, but make sure you nerf them down big time, so they can truly experience Hard Mode.
What was does any of that actually mean?
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-20-2010, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilhippo View Post
What was does any of that actually mean?
That means he is a Troll and you shouldnt feed him.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LasseBlutstroemen
By rolling a Klingon, you've voluntarily chosen hard mode. And now, you don't complain it's too hard, you gripe about how easy the Feds have it. That's just hilarious.
I would hardly call it choosing the hard mode. I joined it because it's where my longtime guild chose to go. It's not even really that hard. It's more of a monster player side or permanently beta side. If klingons weren't around, you wouldn't have anything to nerf.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Feds are the first faction every new player sees.

go figure.