Lt. Commander
# 1 B'Tran Anomalies and Missions
04-16-2010, 06:09 PM
This is one of the few things left for us RA5's as our daily missions.

As such, I think it needs some fixing:

It takes at least 3 or 4 tries to get a worthwhile mission. i have gone as many as 7 tries myself:

Scan Anomalous Readings to harvest data is worthless due to the crafting setup. I have since filled my bank and the exchange and must now start discarding these things.

Aid the Planet. Nobody does these after the 1rst time. It would not be an issue if you didn't have the minute or more long load screens in between. Better to copy some of the earlier missions where you blasted several groups of ships siegeing the planet instead of these.

Ground Missions: Get rid of the stupid hold powers of all these enemies. It is bad enough they have to try to molest me without the sicko hold thing going on as well. Make enemies go to ground so they are harder to hit and less WMCA.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Don't forget the famous bug, though I'm not sure how many experience that. For instance, I can't do enemy confrontation is space, ever. So I'm stuck with either ground missions or anamalies. Fun! Ground missions take forever and no space combat... Hmmm... What else to do?
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-17-2010, 05:17 AM
Oh Yah!

I forgot:

At least 2 of the maps are bugged bad.

One is in space where you spawn and nothing happens. The mission window says, "defeat enemies" there are none in the whole map?

The worst map is where your BO's and the enemies keep beaming away to the tops of these giant mushrooms. This has been around since open beta!

You guys didn't really hire anybody right? Your just a bunch of friends trying to make it work with what skills you have?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2010, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post

It takes at least 3 or 4 tries to get a worthwhile mission. i have gone as many as 7 tries myself:

Scan Anomalous Readings to harvest data is worthless due to the crafting setup. I have since filled my bank and the exchange and must now start discarding these things.

Aid the Planet. Nobody does these after the 1rst time. It would not be an issue if you didn't have the minute or more long load screens in between. Better to copy some of the earlier missions where you blasted several groups of ships siegeing the planet instead of these.

Ground Missions: Get rid of the stupid hold powers of all these enemies. It is bad enough they have to try to molest me without the sicko hold thing going on as well. Make enemies go to ground so they are harder to hit and less WMCA.
Can't help you with the last, but the good news is, that they are improving these things. Aid the Planet improvements can already be seen on Tribble now. You can replicate your commodities in your Replicate (finally!) and you get a new type of reward. So far, it seems it can be turned "only" into a uncommon item, but there was some speculation among the players (no actual Dev comment I am aware of) that it might also play in with the proposed Diplomacy / "Prime Directive" System. We'll see. But it makes me more optimistic, overall.

And they already mentioned that they will improve the Crafting/Memory Alpha part. Most of it will be cleaning up the gameplay, not the core mechanic for now, but that alone shouldmake it better. If they add a few (a lot) items and make it easier to buy the base items, crafting might actually become worth our while. So don't get rid of that data right now!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-18-2010, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsei_Tenshi
Don't forget the famous bug, though I'm not sure how many experience that. For instance, I can't do enemy confrontation is space, ever. So I'm stuck with either ground missions or anamalies. Fun! Ground missions take forever and no space combat... Hmmm... What else to do?
Yep...so to me !!!

In nearly 50 % of "Enemy confrontation" Missions, the Space is empty...no enemy...no initial message

But others as you, i can do this type of mission randomly...

Its really bad: you are searching for a mission zhat delivers some fun for about 10 minutes skipping all these boring mission types...and when it comes to you, it is empty...very sadly
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-18-2010, 06:16 AM
Quote:

I can add invisible enemies to this list.And nobody does enemy encounters solo anyway.These missions are best if you have 5 people in group.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-18-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard2010 View Post
I can add invisible enemies to this list.And nobody does enemy encounters solo anyway.These missions are best if you have 5 people in group.

Yes just like the TV show and movies where they have at least 6 ships working together at a time and...

Oh wait, that's not Trek, that's you and your buddies at the mall showing off your rides, or WoW.

Trek is about one ship, it's crew and the missions they face. Any straying from this core reality violates the iP. I didn't mind wolf 359 or whatever, but honestly, would you have liked the show if it was like group play in sto?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Aid the Planet. Nobody does these after the 1rst time.
I am the counterexample that disproves this statement.

Devs: Leave Aid the Planet missions in the game and increase their appearance rate (4%).

40% more of them, just for me? That's probably the best idea in this thread!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Devs ignore above post.

Give his account 40% more of these missions and remove them from my instances.

Sorry that just hit me the wrong way, you belittle my opinion and then post a request that would aggravate the situation.