Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM
DEVS!!! Sticky this HIGHLY useful thread!!! It is just as useful as the tribble flowchart and Suri's great star and ship charts.


Thanks for the work you put into this Blackavaar, it deserves a sticky
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
05-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Sticky this please!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
05-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Actually, the second row black color is appropriate for appearance. The "pitch black" isn't a naturally occuring dye. I do agree with you about the shoulder grey but in the other direction, 1 to the right. The way you have it configured is way too dark.
While the lighter gray might look good in the Tailor screen, I think it looks too light in the brighter lighting of most of the game. On your avatar image for instance, your shoulders appear lighter than the uniforms do in the shows and films. The color I have designated looks most appropriate with all of the game's lighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Depends on what your going after, because i have noticed that the First Contact uniforms are a wee bit darker on the shoulders than the other TNG movie and late DS9 uniforms.

In addition the Voyager engineer/security uniforms should have brighter shoulders.
http://www.shadowdalecreations.com/s..._voyager_2.jpg

Command and Medical/Science are very dark by comparison but engineering/security is very bright in general and not just on that photo.
I suggested this a few posts up and asked for opinions but since nobody posted anything I left them as is. Again I must remind you that most of the in game lighting is actually much brighter than what is shown in the Tailor screen, but I do think a bump of a shade or two would still appear accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
DEVS!!! Sticky this HIGHLY useful thread!!! It is just as useful as the tribble flowchart and Suri's great star and ship charts.


Thanks for the work you put into this Blackavaar, it deserves a sticky
You're welcome Cap! It's an ongoing project that I will keep updating according to the feedback I get. Just keep bumping it until they give us a sticky. I'll keep making adjustments until I feel everything is represented perfectly.

Case in point, the WoK uniform shots have been redone to show the appropriate colors for the pant stripe. Thanks again for catching that, Rook.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
05-22-2010, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
[color="Wheat"]I suggested this a few posts up and asked for opinions but since nobody posted anything I left them as is. Again I must remind you that most of the in game lighting is actually much brighter than what is shown in the Tailor screen, but I do think a bump of a shade or two would still appear accurate.
Aye that it is, personally ive settled more for a first contact look with the shoulder at 5 notches out instead of 6.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
05-24-2010, 03:29 PM
All 24th century (TNG/DS9/VOY) gold uniforms have been updated to use the Gold B5 color selection. All wallpapers have been updated to reflect this change.

Enjoy!


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
05-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Still hoping for a sticky at some point. I think we have enough requests for it.

What's up mods?


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
05-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Averaging 50 views a day bump.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
05-28-2010, 06:07 PM
A truly excellent guide, with attention to detail that makes even my compulsive tendencies look a little sloppy!

Thank you for taking the time to create, arrange, and organize this! Kudos.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
05-28-2010, 09:57 PM
Great job with the guide BIackavaar really apperciate it. Just one question. I always thought the collar on the voyager/early DS9 uniforms were more of purplish color then grey and the pips were gold. Here are some pictures.



http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Vo...w_stranded.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Tuvok_2371.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ja...Heartbroke.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ba...quilibrium.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Miles_O%27Brien.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ka...eway,_2371.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
05-29-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
A truly excellent guide, with attention to detail that makes even my compulsive tendencies look a little sloppy!

Thank you for taking the time to create, arrange, and organize this! Kudos.
Thank you and you are welcome.



Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe23 View Post
Great job with the guide BIackavaar really apperciate it. Just one question. I always thought the collar on the voyager/early DS9 uniforms were more of purplish color then grey and the pips were gold. Here are some pictures.



http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Vo...w_stranded.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Tuvok_2371.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ja...Heartbroke.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ba...quilibrium.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Miles_O%27Brien.jpg

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Ka...eway,_2371.jpg
Actually, I have been watching this show a lot recently and remember, I've tested these colors against a lot of the actual game world lighting rather than just the Tailor. That shade of cool gray does appear somewhat lavender in a lot of lighting, but appears bluish in others, just like in the show.

The rank pips in Voyager are actually more of a brushed white gold. While the silver I've chosen isn't exactly what it should look like, it's actually much closer to the real thing than the gold would be. If the pips had that gold sheen that the TOS uniform rank stripes have they would look perfect.

Thanks for your input. I'm always glad to answer any questions and make alterations when it is waranted.


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:35 AM.