Lt. Commander
# 101
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
All the way to page 3? Ouch. Nobody loves me anymore.

Lt. Commander
# 102
06-03-2010, 04:59 PM
This Thread is a real big help in making good looking canon uniforms.
Especially someone who has absolutly no sense of good looking uniforms ( like me ), this place is really enlightning and should be sticky.

@Blackavaar you and everyone helping you, are doing a really great job here.

Mods, PLEASE sticky this extremly useful thread!!!
Lt. Commander
# 103
06-03-2010, 06:59 PM
yeah, it should be stickied...cant wait to get my early TNG uniforms...just ordered the CE from amazon.
Lt. Commander
# 104
06-03-2010, 09:46 PM
I have been watching this thread, just waiting for it to get a sticky. I think it deserves one. I think the problem might be that you used the word "canon." Try it again with something like, " a helpful guide to Star Trek uniform colors.

Like I said, I think it deserves a sticky, it may just be a technical issue.
Lt. Commander
# 105
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pariahterra View Post
I have been watching this thread, just waiting for it to get a sticky. I think it deserves one. I think the problem might be that you used the word "canon." Try it again with something like, " a helpful guide to Star Trek uniform colors.

Like I said, I think it deserves a sticky, it may just be a technical issue.
So, you're thinking that because I used the word "canon" CBS now has to approve of this thread before it can be given a sticky? Well, if that's the case it would be nice if a dev would pop in and tell me. Don't you think?

Lt. Commander
# 106
06-09-2010, 04:28 PM
I'm considering making an upgraded Uniform Color Guide to include ALL of the uniforms in the game with my take on what the best color schemes for them are. What do you all think? Would you like to see something like that?

Lt. Commander
# 107
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I'm considering making an upgraded Uniform Color Guide to include ALL of the uniforms in the game with my take on what the best color schemes for them are. What do you all think? Would you like to see something like that?

Hmm... if you wanted to make a guide that said "here are some suggestions for canon color based 25th century uniforms," that would probably be best. Otherwise, it's just a guy saying "here's my opinion on what looks good!" Which is nice, but since everyone has their own opinion on what looks good, it might not be quite worthy enough for a guide?
Lt. Commander
# 108
06-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Unless I'm getting some weird bug that no one else is; I'd like to note: Currently TOS Mirror uniforms are no longer allowing for color editing on that specific piece, you have to modify a different one then switch over to that piece. Also: the belt is no longer using the same color palette that the rest of the uniform does, it's using the expanded alien skin tone palette.

edit: The coloring bug on the Mirror uniform is only on male characters, females can edit their tank tops without issue.

Quote:

I would love it if you did that, I was just playing around with my character thinking how i'd never actually looked at the current uniform the NPCs use and how I wish that were part of your guide :p
Lt. Commander
# 109
06-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Hmm... if you wanted to make a guide that said "here are some suggestions for canon color based 25th century uniforms," that would probably be best. Otherwise, it's just a guy saying "here's my opinion on what looks good!" Which is nice, but since everyone has their own opinion on what looks good, it might not be quite worthy enough for a guide?
Well, Pariahterra suggested above that maybe it's the word "canon" that is keeping the guide from being stickied, as it may be necessary for CBS to approve of the selections made themselves.

Of course, they would be all colored in the "canon" fashion as the series uniforms are. I would just avoid using the word "canon" in the title.

Maybe I could just add a disclaimer to this guide that these are not officially "canon" until declared so by the owners of the IP and that they are merely the consensus of the game community as to what appears closest to "canon" colors.

Lt. Commander
# 110
06-09-2010, 05:36 PM
Quote:

YES YES YES

I would love to see work as to different good looking uniform styles. I have one that I just love for my tactical officer, modeled on the ground combat uniforms seen in DS9 kind of, but as far as other good looking uniforms, I'm stuck. I have some that are OK at best.