Lt. Commander
# 1101
06-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
The links aren't working for me either. I thought maybe it was like Ex Astris, and you have to right click, copy location, but that doesn't work either. The link to the album itself is fine though: http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/thumbnails.php?album=2
Thanks, Feld.

Yeah, the album works fine. I wonder why the direct links don't. Weird.

Lt. Commander
# 1102
06-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Per my previous post that I edited, it's probably some way to make sure people actually visit the site instead of hot linking images or something. *shrugs*
Lt. Commander
# 1103
06-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Hey there, Blackavaar. I was wondering if you had any plans to create a guide for the TOS uniform variant seen in these screencaps from The Man Trap and Charlie X:

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...ntraphd544.jpg

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...rliexhd483.jpg

Presumably these would also be available in red and blue too.

IIRC, this was done in Charlie X because the miniskirt didn't look very flattering on the older actress.
Lt. Commander
# 1104
06-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
IIRC, this was done in Charlie X because the miniskirt didn't look very flattering on the older actress.
IIRC, it was also done when there simply weren't enough skirts to go around.

Lt. Commander
# 1105
06-30-2011, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Hey there, Blackavaar. I was wondering if you had any plans to create a guide for the TOS uniform variant seen in these screencaps from The Man Trap and Charlie X:

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...ntraphd544.jpg

http://tos.trekcore.com/hd/albums/1x...rliexhd483.jpg

Presumably these would also be available in red and blue too.

That's the uniform style that I first chose for my female TOS Captain. Regardless of sitting postures, I just didn't think she looked right in the Captain's chair wearing the mini-skirt. I used:

Upper Body
Uniform - Jacket Loose
The Original Series - Loose
Lower Body
Loose Mid-Ankle
Cutoffs
Soft Boots
When the TOS Tunic with the v-neck was released, I changed her costume to that. But kept my original version for one of my female BO's. To keep things mixed up a bit. The TOS Bundle does a wonderful job of expressing random TOS styles on the wandering crewmen. I hope when we are able to set our own crew uniforms later that I can include this variant, too.
Lt. Commander
# 1106
06-30-2011, 12:53 AM
I wanted to suggest the addition of the TOS JAG (Judge Advocate General) Officer. As worn by Areel Shaw in Court Martial. Her uniform was shinier like the TOS Dress Uniform, but less ornate than what the flag officer's wore. The JAG officer didn't display any ribbons or commendations. I thought the TOS Medical dress was perfect to express the look. We just can't give it gold piping around the collar as Shaw's dress did.

Upper Body
Uniform - Jacket Loose > TOS Nurse [red] with [black] collar
Badge > TOS Command (since we haven't any TOS starbase badges to use)
Lower Body
Uniform Short > Skirt - TOS Nurse [red]
Feet > High, TOS Style [black]
Dunno if anyone would want this for TOS starship crew. But it would work well for TOS Foundry Missions.
Lt. Commander
# 1107
06-30-2011, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
That's the uniform style that I first chose for my female TOS Captain. Regardless of sitting postures, I just didn't think she looked right in the Captain's chair wearing the mini-skirt. I used:

Upper Body
Uniform - Jacket Loose
The Original Series - Loose
Lower Body
Loose Mid-Ankle
Cutoffs
Soft Boots
When the TOS Tunic with the v-neck was released, I changed her costume to that. But kept my original version for one of my female BO's. To keep things mixed up a bit. The TOS Bundle does a wonderful job of expressing random TOS styles on the wandering crewmen. I hope when we are able to set our own crew uniforms later that I can include this variant, too.
The elements you used in creating the TOS female uniform variant is precisely the formula I used for my female XO during the Dividian mission that takes you back to the 23rd century undercover. But now that these uniforms have actually been seen to be used in the show itself then they definitely need some of Blackavaar's fantastic guides made up for them.
Lt. Commander
# 1108
06-30-2011, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Using a multitude of images gleamed from the interwebs, I chose the best of the best, fiddled with the colors a bit, chose the best uniforms available in-game to create mock-ups and Voila! The Starfleet Marine Corps uniforms are here!

Starfleet Marine Corps

Standard Duty Uniform
Combat Uniform - Brown
Combat Uniform - Gray
Combat Uniform - Green
Dress Blues

In addition I found a number of Starfleet Marine Corps emblems, remastered them so that they look smooth and clean and saved them in PNG format to make them easy to use on whatever you might like to use them on. Anyone who wants to use them is free to visit my Emblem Collection and take a look.

I hope you all like them.
Enjoy!

Very nice Blackavaar. You ever thought about taking a swing at Starfleet Special Operation uniforms?
Lt. Commander
# 1109
06-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Very nice Blackavaar. You ever thought about taking a swing at Starfleet Special Operation uniforms?
Actually I already did one. The TOS variants I did for the Section 31 Uniforms guide are actually based on the Special Ops variants seen in the comics. I hadn't considered doing other time periods, but I will now.

Lt. Commander
# 1110
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Weren't the uniforms worn by Picard, Crusher and Worf in Chain of command Special Op's uniforms? And the black uniforms with the division stripe seen in DS9?