Lt. Commander
# 1151
07-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
With a little bit of spit and polish.

Antares 01 Sciences Blue Uniform version 3

I like it. I love the added graph coordinates. Not sure I like the LCAR bar dividing upper and lower body. Is that in the game or did you add that? Meh. Just looks funny, to me, but what do I know? It's not a sticking point or anything. :p

Well done Sir Blackavaar! I look forward to these new guides, whenever you get them out (no rush).
Lt. Commander
# 1152
07-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I like it. I love the added graph coordinates. Not sure I like the LCAR bar dividing upper and lower body. Is that in the game or did you add that? Meh. Just looks funny, to me, but what do I know? It's not a sticking point or anything. :p

Well done Sir Blackavaar! I look forward to these new guides, whenever you get them out (no rush).
I added that, but it can be easily removed.

Lt. Commander
# 1153
07-13-2011, 06:07 PM
And this is the version I'm going to run with. Hope you all like it because there are many more to come. I've already started updating the As and Bs to Antares and Sierra. Once those are done I plan on updating the Technician and Thug uniforms and moving on from there.

Antares 01 Sciences Blue Uniform

Oh, and here's the Klingon version.

DS9 Klingon Female 1

Look forward to them in the coming weeks.

Lt. Commander
# 1154
07-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
And this is the version I'm going to run with. Hope you all like it because there are many more to come. I've already started updating the As and Bs to Antares and Sierra. Once those are done I plan on updating the Technician and Thug uniforms and moving on from there.

Antares 01 Sciences Blue Uniform

Oh, and here's the Klingon version.

DS9 Klingon Female 1

Look forward to them in the coming weeks.

So that's it then, huh? Lookin' good!

I have a query I've been wanting to ask for ages now and this thread seems like the best place to do it. What I want to know is this:
Were the DS9/VOY uniforms jumpsuits or have they always been 2-piece uniforms? The reason I ask is because I recently re-watched Star Trek: Generations and notice that Picard is wearing a belt with his uniform which suggests it is a 2-piece but nothing in DS9 (that I can remember at least) before that suggests it is nothing more than a 1-piece jumpsuit. And then around the time of Star Trek: First Contact when the new uniform was introduced suddenly on VOY characters like B'Elanna are taking off their uniform tops as though they're 2-piece uniforms and always have been. Was it a jumpsuit in DS9 and VOY early days which was later modified by costume designers to be a 2-piece or was and has it always been a jumpsuit and for scenes which required a character to be wearing a T-Shirt they wore a specially made 2-piece uniform instead to show the top being removed should the scene require it?
Hope that makes sense. Look forward to any and all responses.
Lt. Commander
# 1155
07-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
So that's it then, huh? Lookin' good!

I have a query I've been wanting to ask for ages now and this thread seems like the best place to do it. What I want to know is this:
Were the DS9/VOY uniforms jumpsuits or have they always been 2-piece uniforms? The reason I ask is because I recently re-watched Star Trek: Generations and notice that Picard is wearing a belt with his uniform which suggests it is a 2-piece but nothing in DS9 (that I can remember at least) before that suggests it is nothing more than a 1-piece jumpsuit. And then around the time of Star Trek: First Contact when the new uniform was introduced suddenly on VOY characters like B'Elanna are taking off their uniform tops as though they're 2-piece uniforms and always have been. Was it a jumpsuit in DS9 and VOY early days which was later modified by costume designers to be a 2-piece or was and has it always been a jumpsuit and for scenes which required a character to be wearing a T-Shirt they wore a specially made 2-piece uniform instead to show the top being removed should the scene require it?
Hope that makes sense. Look forward to any and all responses.
The answer is they have always been both. In most cases it was a jumpsuit. The two piece version only appeared when there was a need for it. So, when the script called for them to be in sweltering heat, to have a wound they would need to get to or to undress at least partially for a love scene, that's when they wore the two piece version. Otherwise it was always the one piece.

Lt. Commander
# 1156
07-14-2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
The answer is they have always been both. In most cases it was a jumpsuit. The two piece version only appeared when there was a need for it. So, when the script called for them to be in sweltering heat, to have a wound they would need to get to or to undress at least partially for a love scene, that's when they wore the two piece version. Otherwise it was always the one piece.

Thank you for that, my friend. Much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 1157
07-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Thank you for that, my friend. Much appreciated.
Any time, pal.

Lt. Commander
# 1158
07-15-2011, 10:08 PM
hey black.

If you get a spare moment could you tell me what the bajoran uniform colours are on the Tailor Npc at Ds9 please.
Lt. Commander
# 1159
07-16-2011, 05:08 AM
I appologize if this has already been asked ahead of time.

Playing around at the KDF tailor last night got me wondering. Is there a set color scheme to the TOS Klingon belt, or does it use the same colors as the uniform itself?
Lt. Commander
# 1160
07-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi again Black! I'm aware that you're currently working on updating the uniform colour guides system but I was wondering if after that, once you've taken a breather obviously, you had any plans to work on the Starfleet Academy comic uniforms worn by the Academy officers that we spoke about several posts back? I can't find any images on-line of the uniforms but using STO and going from my memory I made the image in the link below to give you an idea of the uniform I'm talking about:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...a2372-7301.jpg

It's basically the DS9 uniform from Season 3 to Season 5 except the jumpsuit is primarily grey and the polo neck (or "turtle neck" as I believe it is known in the US) colour matches the division going across the shoulders. It was seen in the comics being worn by instructors and a few other officers assigned to the Academy. They were also shown as being available in engineering yellow, science blue, and medical teal too.

Hope that helps.