Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1341
11-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furlong284 View Post
Just as an aside, I find that the Starfleet Academy Skirt works really well with the WoK uniforms as well.
Agreed. But I wanted to limit the number C-Store packs a player would have to purchase as much as possible and I've already got them using the Jupiter belt, because the WoK belt just looks bad. And even that clips badly on females when wearing the WoK jacket. There are a lot of costume bugs that need working on still. When they'll get around to them is anyone's guess.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1342
11-11-2011, 09:08 PM
For the TNG movie uniform i used for shoulders the color g13,it gives that grey/purple shade depending the lights of the place where you are,like the movie,like this picture shows with a help of my friend Capt. Jean-Luc http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Picard but here http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...gn_Sickbay.jpg we have a purple shade and not a only a gray color.
I hope it helps all the TNG fans who like me dont like to wear those surffin uniforms
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1343
11-12-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montenegro
For the TNG movie uniform i used for shoulders the color g13,it gives that grey/purple shade depending the lights of the place where you are,like the movie,like this picture shows with a help of my friend Capt. Jean-Luc http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Jean-Luc_Picard but here http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...gn_Sickbay.jpg we have a purple shade and not a only a gray color.
I hope it helps all the TNG fans who like me dont like to wear those surffin uniforms
That purple is far too purple. The color in the pictures you are linking is not that purple. The cool gray is more suitable and gets that bluish and purplish tone in the right lighting, but if you wish to use purple it's your prerogative.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1344
11-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
That purple is far too purple. The color in the pictures you are linking is not that purple. The cool gray is more suitable and gets that bluish and purplish tone in the right lighting, but if you wish to use purple it's your prerogative.

Well could be my monitor setup for the colors,but i guess this pics can help showing the final results.
A purple tone here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78...0C3552E9%21544 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78...1&sc=documents
A more grayish color: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78...0C3552E9%21628 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2bb78...6&sc=documents
And in both cases the color i used was the g13.
I hope it helps,in any case try put the color setup of your monitor(just to check the effect of this color,don't wanna say to you how to set your game experience ) cold and reduce a bit the saturation.
Anyways,where do you got the info for the uniform's colors?Can't find a good site for Star Trek uniform visual reference .
Once again keep the good job sir.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1345
11-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montenegro
Well could be my monitor setup for the colors,but i guess this pics can help showing the final results.
A purple tone here: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78...0C3552E9%21544 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78...1&sc=documents
A more grayish color: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2BB78...0C3552E9%21628 and https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2bb78...6&sc=documents
And in both cases the color i used was the g13.
I hope it helps,in any case try put the color setup of your monitor(just to check the effect of this color,don't wanna say to you how to set your game experience ) cold and reduce a bit the saturation.
Anyways,where do you got the info for the uniform's colors?Can't find a good site for Star Trek uniform visual reference .
Once again keep the good job sir.
I watched the films while I was doing my testing. I did not depend on images from any online sources as such images can often be over or underexposed and show colors that are not true. I did however go through and test with your color choice anyway, and while it does appear gray in some lighting, it appears far too purple in most.

In the films the shoulders had at best a light sheen of purple when standing in the right light, while they also took on a bluish tone in other lighting. This can not be properly portrayed with the color you chose as it never takes on the bluish tone and very rarely looks gray.

Also, I have seen these particular uniforms in real life at conventions (as worn by Michael Dorn and Marina Siritis) and they definitely had gray shoulders.

Again this is still just a guide and you can choose whatever color you like best.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1346
11-16-2011, 05:19 PM
thx for the anwser bro.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1347
11-16-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montenegro
thx for the anwser bro.
No problem, man. Thanks for your tenacity and love of Trek.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1348 Epic Win!
11-17-2011, 02:42 PM
BLACKAVAAR! You magnificent fatherless son!

You sir, are beyond epic... I just checked the STO wiki and saw your update... by all that is good and pure, you must have spent forever doing that, you revamped the entire page including the look of the page and section borders. No wonder it too so long!



You sir, can be my fashion captain, anytime!

Thank you man! Thank you!



PS: You may want to check your 25th Century Klingon page... you've got a whole LOT of Orion males... some who look suspiciously like Gorn :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1349
11-17-2011, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_of_Champions View Post
BLACKAVAAR! You magnificent fatherless son!

You sir, are beyond epic... I just checked the STO wiki and saw your update... by all that is good and pure, you must have spent forever doing that, you revamped the entire page including the look of the page and section borders. No wonder it too so long!

You sir, can be my fashion captain, anytime!

Thank you man! Thank you!



PS: You may want to check your 25th Century Klingon page... you've got a whole LOT of Orion males... some who look suspiciously like Gorn :p
Thank you and you are welcome!

And thanks for the heads up. I fixed the text for the Gorn entries.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1350
11-18-2011, 07:51 PM
All AGT uniforms, Destiny uniforms and 29th Century mock-ups have now been updated to the new style. In addition I have begun to add the currently updated guides to the STOWiki for those who prefer to go there.

More to come. Enjoy!


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:41 PM.