Lt. Commander
# 161
08-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomtotheO
Really like those off-duty uniforms! They actually look like things I'd see people wearing in Ten Forward or on the DS9 Promenade. I would love to see more of what people have made, if anyone else can add to these, in terms of this style of off-duty uniforms, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
Love the off duty uniforms, they look very close to what people wore in Star Trek.
I'm glad you guys like them. I'm working on two more variations for each style now. They will be up as soon as I finish.

And btw, the Alternate Time Line (All Good Things) uniform will be available to me tomorrow (200 day Vet Reward). So, I'll have the variations up in the OP very soon.

Lt. Commander
# 162
08-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I'm glad you guys like them. I'm working on two more variations for each style now. They will be up as soon as I finish.

And btw, the Alternate Time Line (All Good Things) uniform will be available to me tomorrow (200 day Vet Reward). So, I'll have the variations up in the OP very soon.

I've read and seen pics of the "vet reward" and it ain't the AGT uniforms.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=170067
Lt. Commander
# 163
08-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
I've read and seen pics of the "vet reward" and it ain't the AGT uniforms.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=170067
Aw. Color me disappointed.

Oh, well. I'll add it to the 25th Century section instead then and keep hoping that the AGT variant is on it's way.

Lt. Commander
# 164
08-02-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Aw. Color me disappointed.

Oh, well. I'll add it to the 25th Century section instead then and keep hoping that the AGT variant is on it's way.

It's all we can hope for.

Btw, I wish you worked at Cryptic. This game would be sooo much better.
Lt. Commander
# 165
08-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Quote:
It's all we can hope for.

Btw, I wish you worked at Cryptic. This game would be sooo much better.
Thanks.

These would be the default colors for the uniforms if I did.

And I would be pushing the costume guys to do as many canon uniforms as possible (TNG early seasons, 29th Century uniforms, etc.), with special attention to the actual Off Duty and Species Specific outfits worn in TNG and DS9 (Counselor Troi anyone? Vulcans? Bajoran Military? Hello?).

I'd also have them add opposite side options for everything (like the Bajoran earring and the new Klingon Eye Patch). This whole, one side is good enough thing really gets to me.

Lt. Commander
# 166
08-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Blackavaar - really love all of the work that you've done and think that this should be stickied!

That said, are you certain that the grey on the shoulders for the TNG Movie uniforms is that light? I played with it a bit and it seems to me that the grey that's one shade darker in the same row is more accurate across more lighting types... could just be my eyes/monitor, though.
Lt. Commander
# 167
08-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKindness View Post
Blackavaar - really love all of the work that you've done and think that this should be stickied!

That said, are you certain that the grey on the shoulders for the TNG Movie uniforms is that light? I played with it a bit and it seems to me that the grey that's one shade darker in the same row is more accurate across more lighting types... could just be my eyes/monitor, though.
Yeah, I'm sure. If it seems too light to you, feel free to use a darker shade. But I've tested the colors in the game while watching the films and pausing to check against the lighting in the different sets and matching them against different locations in the game. My friends have helped test and agree with the choice.

The problem may be that some areas in the game are really far too bright. The Requisitions room (where the Tailor is located) happens to be one of them. The central area of the Club is another. The lighting in these areas really needs to be dimmed a bit but no one has complained loud enough for the devs to change it.

Lt. Commander
# 168
08-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure. If it seems too light to you, feel free to use a darker shade. But I've tested the colors in the game while watching the films and pausing to check against the lighting in the different sets and matching them against different locations in the game. My friends have helped test and agree with the choice.

The problem may be that some areas in the game are really far too bright. The Requisitions room (where the Tailor is located) happens to be one of them. The central area of the Club is another. The lighting in these areas really needs to be dimmed a bit but no one has complained loud enough for the devs to change it.

Thanks for the response, and I certainly put a lot of stock in your research into the uniforms... looks like I have some color changes to make when I get home tonight!
Lt. Commander
# 169
08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Wonderful thread, Blackavaar! I wish I'd discovered it long before I did (been meaning to post this "thank you" for awhile now).

Based on your excellent research, my WoK uniforms on my Admiral and her bridge crew are spot-on!

Thanks so much for all the hard work!
Lt. Commander
# 170
08-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Thanks.

These would be the default colors for the uniforms if I did.

And I would be pushing the costume guys to do as many canon uniforms as possible (TNG early seasons, 29th Century uniforms, etc.), with special attention to the actual Off Duty and Species Specific outfits worn in TNG and DS9 (Counselor Troi anyone? Vulcans? Bajoran Military? Hello?).

I'd also have them add opposite side options for everything (like the Bajoran earring and the new Klingon Eye Patch). This whole, one side is good enough thing really gets to me.

That is why you should work for Cryptic.

And your awesome revamp of sector space. They should hire you or buy it from you, like they did with the mini0games.