Lt. Commander
# 231
08-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
I think he's talking about the All Good Things 100 day combadge.
Actually sorry guys I think I confused you guys with poor wording. I think it's actually a lifetime subscriber badge - it's the same as the 25th century "standard" badge but with laurels and points and stuff coming off it. I'm just not sure of a fitting way to colour it... Sorry for the confusion Blackavaar.
Lt. Commander
# 232
08-12-2010, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsky View Post
Actually sorry guys I think I confused you guys with poor wording. I think it's actually a lifetime subscriber badge - it's the same as the 25th century "standard" badge but with laurels and points and stuff coming off it. I'm just not sure of a fitting way to colour it... Sorry for the confusion Blackavaar.
Ah, you said veteran in the post, that's why I was thinking you meant the AGT combadge.

I've used a couple of different variations on different uniforms over the months, but I only use it on my Ambassador uniform now.

The most suitable color scheme I've found is, left to right, Gold 1 Silver 1 Silver 4 and Gold 1

Here's a close up:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...meCombadge.jpg

Edit: As you can see, that's on a white uniform, it's got gold trim, so the gold and silver work well together on it.

Edit 2: I never noticed this before now, but the badge actually has a gradient texture to it, it's pretty neat looking.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...3-02-44-41.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 233
08-13-2010, 12:23 AM
That looks really good mate. Hope I'm not clogging up Blackavaars thread here but I notice that's probably on the Diplomatic Corps uniform, I'm just curious if you can display rank insignia on it as well? Do the colours come standard? If not that'd be handy to add to the list.
Lt. Commander
# 234
08-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Quote:
That looks really good mate. Hope I'm not clogging up Blackavaars thread here but I notice that's probably on the Diplomatic Corps uniform, I'm just curious if you can display rank insignia on it as well? Do the colours come standard? If not that'd be handy to add to the list.
It does display rank, and they're the standard square pips in the standard colors. . The jacket is always white with gold trim, You get to color the horizontal trim/collar trim/cuffs with one color, and the undershirt with another.
Lt. Commander
# 235
08-13-2010, 02:43 AM
Since the ambassador uniform is actually a TNG-movie/late DS9 dress uniform, could we get the proper colors for that as well?
Lt. Commander
# 236
08-13-2010, 08:39 AM
Anyone had any fun yet with the new formalwear? I know I made a party dress immediately -- now I just need a party to wear it to!
Lt. Commander
# 237
08-13-2010, 01:40 PM
This section was created for the few badges for which there are no canon uniform matches. However I have decided to add all badges to this section for completeness and ease of use.

Canon Badges:

TOS Command
TOS Sciences
TOS Medical
TOS Operations

Dress Badge 1: Commodore Stone
Dress Badge 2: Captain Kirk
Dress Badge 3: Commander Spock
Dress Badge 4: Doctor McCoy
Dress Badge 5: Unknown

TOS Mirror Universe

TMP Admiral
TMP Command Division
TMP Engineering Division
TMP Medical Division
TMP Operations Division
TMP Sciences Division
TMP Security/Tactical Division

TNG/DS9
TNG film/VOY

Alternate Future Variant (All Good Things),(Veteran: 100 days)

25th Century Badges:

Standard Combadge
Command
Sciences
Operations

Standard Klingon Badge:

Klingon Empire

Lifetime Badges:

Federation Lifetime badge: version 1
Federation Lifetime badge: version 2
Federation Lifetime badge: version 3

Klingon Lifetime badge: version 1
Klingon Lifetime badge: version 2
Klingon Lifetime badge: version 3

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 238
08-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Quote:
I've used a couple of different variations on different uniforms over the months, but I only use it on my Ambassador uniform now.

The most suitable color scheme I've found is, left to right, Gold 1 Silver 1 Silver 4 and Gold 1

Here's a close up:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...meCombadge.jpg
Funny, you use exactly the same colors as I do on version 2.

Quote:
Don't worry about clogging up the thread. If you have questions about uniform bits and color feel free to pose the questions here whenever you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
Since the ambassador uniform is actually a TNG-movie/late DS9 dress uniform, could we get the proper colors for that as well?
I will be adding that to the guide as soon as it becomes available to me. My main is currently at 560 DXP. So, I'll probably have access before the weekend is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stained_Glass_Scarlet View Post
Anyone had any fun yet with the new formalwear? I know I made a party dress immediately -- now I just need a party to wear it to!
Not yet, but I plan on working on some canon versions of those. I just have to focus on watching the time travel and holodeck episodes to match the colors. I wish we had some hats. If there was a Fedora I could make Spock's and Kirk's Mobster suits from TOS.

Lt. Commander
# 239
08-13-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patarival View Post
Sadly, the way it's color options are currently set up it makes it impossible to recreate the uniform as seen on the shows. The captain and Admiral versions both have red trim on the cuffs with gold piping and trim on the jacket and a white undershirt. The cuffs have colors based on their department for crewman, science/medical being blue, tactical and engineering being yellow, and Command being red. The only one we can recreate is the yellow since the cuffs and piping share a color slot on the in game version.
Lt. Commander
# 240
08-13-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Sadly, the way it's color options are currently set up it makes it impossible to recreate the uniform as seen on the shows. The captain and Admiral versions both have red trim on the cuffs with gold piping and trim on the jacket and a white undershirt. The cuffs have colors based on their department for crewman, science/medical being blue, tactical and engineering being yellow, and Command being red. The only one we can recreate is the yellow since the cuffs and piping share a color slot on the in game version.
Even so, I will do the best I can with the options we have.