Lt. Commander
# 261
08-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Farmer
Hey Black, I've noticed what appears to be a variant on the TNG uniform in the episode Descent, Troi seems to be wearing a light blue uniform instead of the standard, more dark blue or teal science/medical uniform. I just thought you may want to check it out and assimilate it into the uniform guide

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYRKQ...eature=related
Kool! I'll have to rewatch that episode this weekend. I always loved the Lore episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
The Luna class does have an image, it is on the cover of the book "Sword of Damocles" and the guy who designed it has multiple images here:

http://stourangeau.deviantart.com/gallery/#U-S-S-Titan

Thought you should know and keep up the good work
Nice! Looks like I picked the right Windows and Material too.

Lt. Commander
# 262
08-20-2010, 06:59 PM
I noticed what you picked for the Canon Sovereign material and windows is different from the movies. Personally, I like the First Contact Sovereign, but I suppose the Nemesis version would be more accurate to the timeline.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...e_Scimitar.jpg

When I judge windows, I actually judge on the shape of the escape pods more than the windows. The escape pods in the game that most closely resemble the Sovereign are either Windows option 1 or 2. 3 and 4 have square escape pods, which the Sovereign didn't have according to the picture provided.

The windows does seem to match the Sovereign though, being tall and amber.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...o_launcher.jpg

Although in this photograph the windows are tall and blue. In which case Windows 2 would be more faithful, and the escape pods being shaped more like the Enterprise-E.

Personally, I use Windows option 2 for my Sovereign. Color-wise I use the Second-Blackest Color (first color) and Second-Whitest color (second color). No pattern, on a Material 1 hull (the secondary color blends in well with that particular hull color more than the blueish color of Material 2). Any feedback regarding a more faithful Sovereign is appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 263
08-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Here's a mock-up of the 29th Century Uniforms. I used the TNG Film versions because I preferred the texture over the leather of the game uniforms and they're available to all. Of course, they don't have that kool asymmetrical style of the actual canon versions, but I think I got the colors right.

There has been some deliberation on what the canon designations are for these. Memory Alpha states that Blue is the Command Division Uniform, but does not account for the various Command Crew on the bridge that are wearing Red. My friends and I have decided that Captain Braxton's uniform must be a Command Variant and that Red is still the Command Division Standard in the 29th.

I threw in the Medical variant for fun. This never appeared in the shows, but extrapolating from the Science Division version, the warm white seems like a proper choice for a Medical variant.

29th Century Uniforms

Command Red
Captain's Variant Blue
Security/Engineering Gold
Sciences Gray
Medical Variant White

Let me know what you guys think. What is canon and what is not? You decide.

Lt. Commander
# 264
08-21-2010, 11:21 AM
It got buried in the thread, and while it is a work in progress, could you add a link to your canon ship colors/windows posting?
Lt. Commander
# 265
08-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
It got buried in the thread, and while it is a work in progress, could you add a link to your canon ship colors/windows posting?
There are links to each section in the Index at the top of the OP, for ease of use. The Canon and Non-canon Ship List is there.

Lt. Commander
# 266
08-21-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post

I finished my update to the Canon Color Guide and I posted the last of my wallpapers. You can reach them through the links in my sig. I know that this will likely be closed in moments as an "I Quit" thread (even though I am not quitting, just leaving the community) but I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for their support. Thank you!

Feel free to look me up in game some time. I'll be back in a little over a month to update the Canon Color Guide with the Alternate Future (All Good Things) uniforms. Until then...

TTFN
Quote:

Exclusive means exclusive. Unique means unique. There is no time expiration implied or alluded to by the definitions of either of those words and since no mention of such a time expiration was on any of the packaging or advertisements, that is by definition False Advertising regardless of what Cryptic's Terms of Use say they can do with the game.

Anyone who knows me knows that I was a die hard fan. A devoted follower of Cryptic not only for STO but for all of their games. This devotion was to the company created by Jack Emmert and the integrity he showed in his decisions for the development of the games and how they would conduct business.

It is such integrity that has kept the CoH CE "exclusive" from becoming available to the general public. That integrity still holds with the old Cryptic team, now the developers known as Paragon Studios, who still develop CoH and CoV. It does not however hold true of Cryptic's new incarnation. And that is because Jack Emmert no longer has any control over the marketing decisions of the company.

Those are the facts as I see them.

This is my last word on the subject and my last post in this argument.
I'm already establishing myself on other game forums.

Enjoy the game for as long as it lasts.
Farewell.

HEY WELCOME BACK!!! Lol, sorry. I just HAD to find that post of that long goodbye.
Lt. Commander
# 267
08-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooKing
HEY WELCOME BACK!!! Lol, sorry. I just HAD to find that post of that long goodbye.
You didn't HAVE to do anything. But since you brought it up, I will remind you that I came back shortly thereafter to continue to update this guide because of the large number of emails I received asking me to do so. I still do not agree with what Cryptic did and I will likely never buy a game from them again, but I will continue to play STO regardless (Lifetime Sub) and I will continue to update this guide because I care about the community.

------------------------------

In other News:

About a week ago I was asked to add my guide to the wiki (STOWiki.org) and have since been transcribing it there. New updates will continue to appear in this thread as well though. So, no need to worry about changing your bookmarks if you don't want to.

Lt. Commander
# 268
08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Any feedback on the 29th Century Mock-ups?

Let me know what you guys think. These colors and designations will be used if the actual uniform is ever introduced in-game. I want to make sure that the players agree with our choices.

Lt. Commander
# 269
08-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Any feedback on the 29th Century Mock-ups?

Let me know what you guys think. These colors and designations will be used if the actual uniform is ever introduced in-game. I want to make sure that the players agree with our choices.

They seem to fit fine to me. Though I don't recall seeing Red anywhere. I only recall Green, Brown-Orange, and Purple. Still, they look awesome, wish this was stickied.
Lt. Commander
# 270
08-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
They seem to fit fine to me. Though I don't recall seeing Red anywhere. I only recall Green, Brown-Orange, and Purple. Still, they look awesome, wish this was stickied.
I didn't notice them at first either. One of my friends pointed them out. They are never front and center characters, always extras in the background. I thought it was an effect of the lighting on the Operations uniform at first. But after watching the Relativity episode several times in a row I found that he was right. It definitely is a different color. And since they man positions all over the bridge alongside the Operation officers, we decided that they must be Command officers.

I do wish there was a greenish-gray that matched the Sciences uniform better, but we can only work with what we have.

I wish this was stickied too, but it seems it doesn't matter what I do (ask for the title to be changed, add a disclaimer, etc.), it doesn't look like it will ever happen.