Lt. Commander
# 271
08-26-2010, 03:08 AM
No worries though Blackavaar, your work is appreciated by the community just look at the response your getting. Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 272
08-26-2010, 05:27 AM
Regarding the TWOK uniforms.

As I recall, the belt buckle and rank pin are both "one colour" which is bad.. because that belt buckle SHOULD be "Testors Gold Paint" brassy. http://www.blam1.com/StarTrek/images/FilmCast.jpg

My solution was to choose a sort of platinum/beige colour. for that component. The rank pin comes out a bit dark, but the belt doesn't stand out nearly as badly.

There's also some question, even amongst fans, as to what colour the badge should be. In WoK for example, it was pretty clearly that "Testors Gold Paint" brassy finish (same as the gold on TNG combadges)... but later, specifically in Star Trek 6 (Undiscovered Country) the badges seemed to be painted almost a metal flake dark red http://www.trekcore.com/specials/alb.../de_kelley.jpg It seems they may have used differently painted badges for different lighting conditions on set. Sulu's is almost certainly gold.. while Kirk's and Valeris's later in the film is pretty clearly dark red.

It's also important to note that the uniform canon wasn't strictly adhered to by the filmmakers, because those uniforms were aging and being reused over and over, so very often the wrong division colours showed up on the wrong people.
Lt. Commander
# 273
08-26-2010, 02:47 PM
Might I suggest updating the original post with an index to the various sections?
Lt. Commander
# 274
08-26-2010, 05:52 PM
There already are links in the original post to each section.
Lt. Commander
# 275
08-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
Might I suggest updating the original post with an index to the various sections?
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
Yes, there is an index at the top of the OP, just beneath the opening paragraph. I add links to new sections whenever they are added.

Coming soon: Formal Wear and Klingon In-Game Uniforms

Lt. Commander
# 276
08-27-2010, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogobstopper
Wow. How did I miss that?
/facepalm
Lt. Commander
# 277
08-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoratusAlpha
Wow. How did I miss that?
/facepalm
It happens.
Lt. Commander
# 278
08-31-2010, 02:37 PM
Formal Wear has been added to the Off Duty section along with a few more Off Duty variants based on costumes seen in Voyager and Deep Space Nine (Simple Shirt 5, V-neck Wraparound 5, Strapped 5 and Vertical Panel Robe 5). The Formal Wear is based off costumes seen in those series as well as TNG.

More to come.

I'm working on Klingon in-game variants now. I will have them up ASAP.

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 279
09-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Just wanted to say thanks. I've only got a demo account at the moment, but when I can upgrade, at least one of my toons will be sporting a canon FC uniform, and your guide, like many others here, is a big help!
Lt. Commander
# 280
09-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiomaticranger View Post
Just wanted to say thanks. I've only got a demo account at the moment, but when I can upgrade, at least one of my toons will be sporting a canon FC uniform, and your guide, like many others here, is a big help!
Glad to hear it.
Welcome to the game!