Lt. Commander
# 31
04-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
when I use "Screenshot_UI", it doesn't capture the selection boxes, just the blue editing background and the character I'm editing. just "Screenshot" captures my captain standing in front of the tailor.

Oh well, i'll keep trying. Thanks for answering.

When you use /screenshot_UI it will save the image to your screenshot folder as a .tga. You will have to open it using something like Photoshop or Paint and then Save As a .jpg so that you can view it as a normal image. This will insure that you get a complete shot with all of the UI, instead of just parts of it.

Lt. Commander
# 32
04-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
when I use "Screenshot_UI", it doesn't capture the selection boxes, just the blue editing background and the character I'm editing. just "Screenshot" captures my captain standing in front of the tailor.

Oh well, i'll keep trying. Thanks for answering.
If you put the game in windowed mode you can also get the UI by pressing alt+ Print screen. but you'll have to paste it into a paint program. That's how I did it. It may work for you.
The above method works as well.

Oh, and someone please sticky this thread. It's very useful. Thanks Blackavaar!
Lt. Commander
# 33
04-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinthok View Post
I neither see the difference nor do I find any reference to the blue/green distinction in the articles you linked. All it says is that the DS9/VOY science uniform (referred to as Type B) was called blue but was actually a shade of green. It's comprehensively referred to as sciences uniform and, telling from the pictures tacitly includes medical staff. So clearly, there's no distinction. Am I the only one to think so?
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfle...forms#Sciences

Look at that chart. You can clearly see that the last two colors are different from the ones immediately before it. I did note, in the stuff you quoted, that it was a timeline thing, rather than a division thing, but either way, it's personal preference.

I'm guessing they had some fabric left over, and made some later style uniforms with old true blue, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
And I finished the wallpaper.

I added it to the OP as well.

Enjoy!

Oh my goodness that is crowded. I would suggest moving the badges to a separate area.
Lt. Commander
# 34
04-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicRaven View Post
You're very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Oh my goodness that is crowded. I would suggest moving the badges to a separate area.
How about now? Moving the badge colors wouldn't really help much as it's the shared primary colors that really cause the crowding. So, instead I changed every other line to a different kind of dash. I think it makes it much easier to follow. What do you think?

Lt. Commander
# 35
04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
But I was talking about the later uniforms with the coloured shoulders, not Dr. Crusher's.

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?
The colour would change sometimes depending on the season, Bashir can be seen here in season 1 with one colour: Season 1, and Dax in season 3 with another: Season 3. Again in season 3 they're both seen here with the same coloured uniform: Meridian season 3.
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfle...forms#Sciences

Look at that chart. You can clearly see that the last two colors are different from the ones immediately before it. I did note, in the stuff you quoted, that it was a timeline thing, rather than a division thing, but either way, it's personal preference.

I'm guessing they had some fabric left over, and made some later style uniforms with old true blue, or something like that.

The chart clearly shows the distinction between what they call Type A (colored chest from TNG) and Type B (colored shoulders from DS9/VOY). The Type B ones are a new design with new colors.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amosov
The colour would change sometimes depending on the season, Bashir can be seen here in season 1 with one colour: Season 1, and Dax in season 3 with another: Season 3. Again in season 3 they're both seen here with the same coloured uniform: Meridian season 3.
I'm still not convinced. The subtle difference in the screengrabs might be down to different lighting of the scene and post-processing of the pictures.

My criticism anyway is with the OP saying that the two colors existed alongside in both uniform generations. I remember it differently. The same goes for the movie uniforms (colored turtleneck under jacket).

By the way, Blackavaar, I just rechecked your guide picture for what you call the medical blue-green variant (early DS9) and the red line points to the same shade of blue as in the sciences blue variant. That's probably not what you intended.
Lt. Commander
# 38
04-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
By the way, Blackavaar, I just rechecked your guide picture for what you call the medical blue-green variant (early DS9) and the red line points to the same shade of blue as in the sciences blue variant. That's probably not what you intended.
That problem is now fixed. Thank you for calling it to my attention.

Lt. Commander
# 39
04-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicRaven View Post
If you put the game in windowed mode you can also get the UI by pressing alt+ Print screen. but you'll have to paste it into a paint program. That's how I did it. It may work for you.
The above method works as well.

I was able to get this to work, thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 40
04-24-2010, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
How about now? Moving the badge colors wouldn't really help much as it's the shared primary colors that really cause the crowding. So, instead I changed every other line to a different kind of dash. I think it makes it much easier to follow. What do you think?
That does help, but something more like one line per color; i.e., "This red is the red for ___ & ___ uniforms."

Especially in the lower two sets, as many of them are the same.

The "Common Black" is also the same for ALL four uniforms. Just one note saying "this is the black you should use!" would suffice, rather than four different lines going all over the place.