Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 481
01-03-2011, 05:43 PM
I just want to say thanks for your Canon color guides. I've used the TNG Canon colors (which I think were the same basic colors for DS9 and VOY) for all of my characters, no matter what uniforms they're in. They look great, and I'm happy that someone has your passion to figure them out for us.

I'm a stickler for the Canon colors, honestly. Anything else, while nice looking when I see them, just doesn't feel right for me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 482
01-04-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I'm back everyone! Happy New Year!

Working on the TMP guides now. I expect to have them posted within the next couple days.

The problem with the TMP badge seems to be the difference between male and female. For some reason males have the secondary color which allows them to change the backfield color while females do not. I have reported this as a bug and received a positive reply from the GMs. I am hopeful that this will be fixed soon and I will update the images for the guides when they are.

Thanks for all the warm wishes.


Welcome back my friend and Happy New Year to you too!

Look forward to those guides and glad to hear that the wee bug with the TMP badges has been reported. I'm sure STO's PTB will get that all sorted soon.

Here's to another year of STO!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 483 Canon Uniforms
01-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Early TOS (The Original Series) or The Cage uniforms.

Command Gold
Science and Medical Blue
Operations and Security Beige

TOS (The Original Series) uniforms.

Command Gold
Command Gold Skirt
Captain's Variant Green
Captain's Tunic Wrap
Captain's Tunic Wrap Skirt
Science and Medical Blue
Science and Medical Blue Skirt
Medical Variant
Medical Nurse's Skirt
Operations and Security Red
Operations and Security Red Skirt

TOS Mirror Universe uniforms can be found in the Mirror Universe Uniform Guide.

TMP (Motion Picture) uniforms.
Note: The primary Divisional colors are displayed on the badges and epaulets, which can differ from uniform to uniform.
See the TMP badges in the Badges section to see the specific colors used.

Admiral
Command
Command Variant
Operations Officers
Helm/Tactical Officers
Engineering Officers
Engineering Enlisted and Junior Officers
Science/Medical Officers
Science Enlisted and Junior Officers
Security

TMP Skirt Variants

TOS films version or WoK (Wrath of Khan) uniforms.

Command
Operations - Engineering and Helm
Operations - Sciences and Communications
Operations - Tactical
Operations - Medical
Operations - Security
Junior Officer
Enlisted Crewman Uniform
Enlisted Crewman Skirt

TNG (The Next Generation) uniforms.

Command Red
Captain's Variant Gray
Captain's Variant Jacket
Security/Engineering Gold
Science Team Blue
Medical Blue-Green Variant

Acting Ensign

Counselor Troi Uniform Guide

TNG film versions. Also known as the later season DS9 uniforms.

Command Red
Command Red Open
Security/Engineering Gold
Science Team Blue
Medical Blue-Green Variant

DS9 (Deep Space Nine) early season uniforms.

Command Red
Command Red Open
Security/Engineering Gold
Science Team Blue
Medical Blue-Green Variant

VOY (Voyager) uniforms.

Command Red
Command Red Open
Security/Engineering Gold
Science Team Blue
Medical Blue-Green Variant

Seven of Nine Uniform Guide

ENT (Enterprise) uniforms.

Command Gold
Operations Red
Sciences Teal
Admiral's Uniform

T'Pol Jumpsuit Guide

ENT Mirror Universe uniforms can be found in the Mirror Universe Uniform Guide.

AGT (All Good Things) uniforms.

Command Red
Security/Engineering Gold
Sciences Teal

Enjoy!


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 484
01-05-2011, 02:01 PM
The TMP uniforms are here!

As you can probably tell I had to do some reorganizing in order to make room for them in the Canon Uniforms section, but this will be a good thing as it leaves me with much more space to use for future additions. I hope it isn't too much of an inconvenience to anyone and I hope you like the TMP uniforms.

It took me a while to discern a pattern to the coloration of the uniforms but after watching the film a dozen times or so I think I got it down. Skirt variants are coming soon. So, keep an eye out for those. Let me know if you think I made a mistake or missed anything else.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 485
01-06-2011, 05:57 AM
These TMP unforms are so cool! Have they been deceptively clever in the way they've built the uniforms? The bio-belt is built into the uniform instead of being a belt item so that no other unforms can use it? Does the lower half of the shirt come with the legs or the torso part of the unform? I was wondering if you could roughly approximate the one-piece uniforms of the technicians by using TNG trousers with a TMP top. Not 100% accurate but good enough?

I think maybe your grey uniform should be more blue-grey and the tan uniforms could each be a shade more yellowy to be more like the movie versions but it could be my eyesight and I'm not sure what the limitations of the palette are. They certainly look cool as they are.

If anybody is willing to post some action shots of these uniforms I'd really appreciate it! Especially shooting phasers...

I need to order my LED lights for my Polar Lights 1:350 TMP Enterprise before I can afford to upgrade my PC to a level where I can play STO. The suspense is starting to kill me!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 486
01-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauln6
These TMP unforms are so cool! Have they been deceptively clever in the way they've built the uniforms? The bio-belt is built into the uniform instead of being a belt item so that no other unforms can use it? Does the lower half of the shirt come with the legs or the torso part of the unform? I was wondering if you could roughly approximate the one-piece uniforms of the technicians by using TNG trousers with a TMP top. Not 100% accurate but good enough?

I think maybe your grey uniform should be more blue-grey and the tan uniforms could each be a shade more yellowy to be more like the movie versions but it could be my eyesight and I'm not sure what the limitations of the palette are. They certainly look cool as they are.

If anybody is willing to post some action shots of these uniforms I'd really appreciate it! Especially shooting phasers...

I need to order my LED lights for my Polar Lights 1:350 TMP Enterprise before I can afford to upgrade my PC to a level where I can play STO. The suspense is starting to kill me!
Yes, the devs were very clever in how they created this uniform. They basically just built the Admiral's uniform, but with the parts set so that you can pretty much color them for any variation.

The bio-monitor buckle is a part of the top and though you can wear other belts with it most of them clip badly. The lower half of the top is part of the top.

I have been trying to create the technician uniforms but with that top it just doesn't look quite right. It would probably be best to just use the ENT uniform and color it appropriately.

As for the colors, the ones I chose are as close as you can get with the pallet choices we have.

I'll see about taking some action shots later tonight, though I usually have a tough time getting shots I like. They usually have too many animations going on so that the screen looks so busy you can barely tell what is going on and who is shooting at who, but I'll do my best.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 487
01-06-2011, 10:28 AM
By the way, I noticed last night that the male's badge can be colored according to department, but the female badge cannot. The female badge is missing the second color template.

Though, it may depend on species, since I see in your image that the template is present on yours.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 488
01-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
By the way, I noticed last night that the male's badge can be colored according to department, but the female badge cannot. The female badge is missing the second color template.

Though, it may depend on species, since I see in your image that the template is present on yours.
Yep. I noted that a few posts up. I reported it and the GMs responded that they would relay the info to the devs. You can report it as well. The more reports they get the faster it will get fixed.

The template is only present in mine because I added it using Photoshop. You will notice in the screen shots that the females don't actually have the proper colors on their badges. You can get close on a few (command, operations, sciences) by switching to a different badge, adjusting the secondary badge color (which uses the normal badge pallet) and then switching back, but the choice males have is simply not there for females.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 489
01-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Yes, the devs were very clever in how they created this uniform. They basically just built the Admiral's uniform, but with the parts set so that you can pretty much color them for any variation.

The bio-monitor buckle is a part of the top and though you can wear other belts with it most of them clip badly. The lower half of the top is part of the top.

I have been trying to create the technician uniforms but with that top it just doesn't look quite right. It would probably be best to just use the ENT uniform and color it appropriately.

As for the colors, the ones I chose are as close as you can get with the pallet choices we have.

I'll see about taking some action shots later tonight, though I usually have a tough time getting shots I like. They usually have too many animations going on so that the screen looks so busy you can barely tell what is going on and who is shooting at who, but I'll do my best.


It shouldn't come as any surprise, especially if the spectre of micro-transactions is looming depending upon how well Champions does. Keeping uniform variants in reserve now might allow them to keep the ball bouncing for longer, although it's hard to see that subtle variants of the TMP uniforms will be all that popular. It's disappointing that the available palette isn't particularly accurate though - the dark brown uniform is definitely spot on.

This could also be why they've been reluctant to release facial features to create characters with the features of classic but obscure races such as Zaranites, Arcturians, and Betelgeusians. Maybe simple, cheap cosmectic 'head' packages might be brought in as time goes on. Mind you, if the Saurian build is anything to go by, they wouldn't look anything like the 'real' thing. The narrow mouth instead of a beak and eye positioning look all wrong to me.

Any old action shots will do! I'll be using Gimp to cut the bodies out to see how I can use them. I'll try and work in whatever I've got so it's all good. I can clone out or add rank braids and change division colours faily easily so I'm not worried about that sort of thing. I just want the male and female characters to start shooting some aliens in Part 4 of my cheesy story and TMP photos really have nothing to work with. Thanks for the help!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 490 TMP Uniform Skirt Variants
01-07-2011, 03:15 PM
As I have run out of room in the Canon Uniform section, these variants of the TMP Uniforms have been added here. A link to this section has been added for your convenience.

Command Skirt
Operations Officers Skirt
Helm/Tactical Officers Skirt
Engineering Officers Skirt
Engineering Enlisted and Junior Officers Skirt
Science/Medical Officers Skirt
Science Enlisted and Junior Officers Skirt

Enjoy!


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:06 PM.