Lt. Commander
# 41
04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
you realize the WoK uniforms also had red gold blue and green turtlenecks and trim also
I only modeled the versions that appeared in the Wrath of Khan film. For some reason I can't remember the variants you are describing from the movies. I'll have to go back and watch them again.
I rewatched all of the TOS movies over the weekend and you were absolutely right. I noted the colors and determined what they designated as best I could. The new variants have been added to the OP for your perusal. Let me know if you think there are any others I missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
That does help, but something more like one line per color; i.e., "This red is the red for ___ & ___ uniforms."

Especially in the lower two sets, as many of them are the same.

The "Common Black" is also the same for ALL four uniforms. Just one note saying "this is the black you should use!" would suffice, rather than four different lines going all over the place.
Per your previous suggestion I have redone the wallpaper, moving the badge colors out of the way. This allowed me to move around some of the lines to avoid so much clutter. Let me know what you think.

I'm doing individual wallpapers for each series to make things simpler all around as well. I'll post those when I finish them.

Lt. Commander
# 42
04-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Added a complete wallpaper section to the OP along with new 24th Century and Series versions of the Wallpaper Guides.

Enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 43
04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Added a complete wallpaper section to the OP along with new 24th Century and Series versions of the Wallpaper Guides.

Enjoy!

The individual ones look fantastic.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
The individual ones look fantastic.
Thank you! I'm glad you like them. I hope everyone finds them useful.

Lt. Commander
# 45
04-28-2010, 03:57 PM
nice guide thanks for taking the time to put it together
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Regarding the TOS (films) colors, I struggled with the Operations color when customizing my own bridge crew. I googled and found about 6 different pictures of Uhura and Chekov. Depending upon the quality of the scan - and the saturation of the colors - their sweater was more toward a light-purple.

(I originally suggested blue-grey. But that wasn't right either.)
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-28-2010, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Regarding the TOS (films) colors, I struggled with the Operations color when customizing my own bridge crew. I googled and found about 6 different pictures of Uhura and Chekov. Depending upon the quality of the scan - and the saturation of the colors - their sweater was more toward a light-purple.

(I originally suggested blue-grey. But that wasn't right either.)
Both Uhura and Chekov appear to be designated as Science Officers in the films. Chekov is repeatedly asked to take Spock's console. Use the Sciences variant. It's a cool gray that does tend to look purplish in some lighting.

Lt. Commander
# 48
04-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Close on the TNG Movies uniform. You've got the right idea on the second row from the bottom for the main uniform part. However, the best shoulder color I've seen is the eighth from the left, not the sixth. Also, the Sciences/Medical uniforms share the same shirt color, which is Teal... and you have that dead to rights in your Medical variant. You've got Command down as well (both being sixth in their respective rows... well, actually I think the eighth to the left is the appropriate shade of teal, but that might just be my own settings). However, Engineering/Security gold is best represented a full six colors left of what you have, as I've found.

The combadge, as well... you have the Starfleet Delta right, but the underlay should be the first gold color. Both give a metalic finish to the combadge.

Last thing to mention about colors is the Starfleet utility uniform (the DS9/VOY primary uniform) undershirt. It is not grey. Not even blue-grey. It's actually a shade of violet. Specifically, third row up, 12th shade from the left.

By the by, the Captain's Variant Green uniform for TOS, wasn't the standard uniform shirt. It was actually a wrap-around shirt. I mean, sure, you probably won't notice it except on an up-close inspection in game, but from purely canon perspective, it wasn't the same uniform at all.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSlyman View Post
Close on the TNG Movies uniform. You've got the right idea on the second row from the bottom for the main uniform part. However, the best shoulder color I've seen is the eighth from the left, not the sixth. Also, the Sciences/Medical uniforms share the same shirt color, which is Teal... and you have that dead to rights in your Medical variant. You've got Command down as well (both being sixth in their respective rows). However, Engineering/Security gold is best represented a full six colors left of what you have, as I've found.

The combadge, as well... you have the Starfleet Delta right, but the underlay should be the first gold color. Both give a metalic finish to the combadge.

By the by, the Captain's Variant Green uniform for TOS, wasn't the standard uniform shirt. It was actually a wrap-around shirt. I mean, sure, you probably won't notice it except on an up-close inspection in game, but from purely canon perspective, it wasn't the same uniform at all.
The colors I chose were tested first in the various lighting elements in the game, not just in the Tailor screen, which is not quite the same as most of the in game lighting. If you test out your choices you may find that they often will appear either too light or too dark in most of the in game lighting. I will retest just to be sure, but I think I've chosen the best colors for all variants.

There were variations on the shade of blue used on Science uniforms. While it has been pointed out that this may have more to do with the season of the series rather than the Medical and Science designations both blue variants have existed in all three 24th Century series (TNG, DS9 and VOY).

The first gold color makes the back field of the badge look too bright and doesn't contrast well with most lighting in the game so that the Delta stands out the way it should. I will retest just to be sure.

Actually in many of the earlier episodes Captain Kirk wore a Green version of the standard uniform shirt, but the film stock was not able to reproduce that color for television at the time, therefor it appeared as more of a gold color similar to the Command uniform shirt. Later on they just decided to go ahead and switch it to gold because that's what the public was used to seeing.

I appreciate the feedback and I will take it into consideration as I retest the colors.

Lt. Commander
# 50
04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Awesome guide, btw....what are those mirror universe uniforms? Ive never seen those in game before...where can I get them? Is it that CO lifetime offer bonus? It looks like they revamped the uniforms appearance if it is. Would suck though if there isnt a way for me to get them anymore, id love to have some MU uniforms.