Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 561
01-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Just a quick question for you mate...you mentioned that your Borg was an URA but I notice you have him wearing captain's stripes. I don't know if this will come across as making any sense but is it possible to be in an admiral's position and rank but still be referred to as a captain by your crew and other characters in the game? Thanks in advance.

Well, you can use the Captain title, so that other players can still refer to you as Captain. But as far as the NPCs references, they seem to always go by your rank. There doesn't seem to be any way to change that. It's probably a command line in the text that automatically draws from your current rank. It would be nice if it could be rewritten to draw from your title instead, then you could also be referred to as Ambassador or Envoy if you wished.

Maybe sometime in the future Cryptic will consider rewriting those commands.

I look forward to seeing your crew.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 562
01-27-2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Well, you can use the Captain title, so that other players can still refer to you as Captain. But as far as the NPCs references, they seem to always go by your rank. There doesn't seem to be any way to change that. It's probably a command line in the text that automatically draws from your current rank. It would be nice if it could be rewritten to draw from your title instead, then you could also be referred to as Ambassador or Envoy if you wished.

Maybe sometime in the future Cryptic will consider rewriting those commands.

I look forward to seeing your crew.


Thanks for answering so quickly. Much appreciated.

I agree, it'd be good if Cryptic did make those rewrites so as to make it flexible for those who want to be known by NPC's as a captain or an admiral.

Another reason I asked is that it just seems odd to me to be a Vice Admiral, commanding a ship, and going down on away missions. But then again it never really stopped James Kirk did it, so I guess you could just say that most 25th century Admirals model themselves after him by not wanting to be stuck behind a desk at HQ, they wanna be "out there" making a difference.

I'll get my crew pics up as soon as I possibly can. Watch this quadrant.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 563
01-28-2011, 02:47 AM
It is war in the 25th Century, and war tends to have Admirals and Generals "out there" instead of behind a desk. So I'm not so sure it's the Admirals basing themselves on Captain Kirk or following the demands of their era.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 564
01-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeGuyver
It is war in the 25th Century, and war tends to have Admirals and Generals "out there" instead of behind a desk. So I'm not so sure it's the Admirals basing themselves on Captain Kirk or following the demands of their era.
Excellent point you raised there. You could very well be right. In ST: FC an Admiral led a fleet against the Borg and there was an Admiral commanding a ship in the final battle of the Dominion War for ST: DS9 so there's certainly TV evidence to back-up what you say. I guess in times of war its all hands on deck no matter what your rank.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 565
01-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Here they are. Captain One and the crew of the U.S.S. Majestic.
From left to right that's Gir, Onnelee, Chaan, Zekk, Karoh, Captain One, Janok, Tarah, Elur, Treah and Cela.




You're very welcome. I do the same thing with several of my characters.

Yeah thanks to your guide, I like to make themed crews.
Like my Joined Trill is all 25th century uniforms, the ones you see NPC on ESD wear, except for him who wears the Command Admiral uniform. My Vulcan is all AGT, Betazoid is TNG film, Caitian is WoK, Rigelian is Enterprise, and Liberated Borg is Section 31 (was originally going to do Voyager but too close to TNG Film and the Section 31 looks great).Whenever they release the Android species, I'll probably go TNG series and then with Hologram species I'll probably go TOS Mirror. Yes, I have a ton of characters.

But your guide makes all of this possible. I'm a bit OCD so when the color is off or doesn't look right, it drives me crazy.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 566
01-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePerson
Yeah thanks to your guide, I like to make themed crews.
Like my Joined Trill is all 25th century uniforms, the ones you see NPC on ESD wear, except for him who wears the Command Admiral uniform. My Vulcan is all AGT, Betazoid is TNG film, Caitian is WoK, Rigelian is Enterprise, and Liberated Borg is Section 31 (was originally going to do Voyager but too close to TNG Film and the Section 31 looks great).Whenever they release the Android species, I'll probably go TNG series and then with Hologram species I'll probably go TOS Mirror. Yes, I have a ton of characters.

But your guide makes all of this possible. I'm a bit OCD so when the color is off or doesn't look right, it drives me crazy.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad I could help.

BTW, I see you.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 567
01-29-2011, 06:23 AM
I see the Fed ships but what about a KDF guide, or did I miss it somwhere
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 568
01-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Well, you can use the Captain title, so that other players can still refer to you as Captain. But as far as the NPCs references, they seem to always go by your rank. There doesn't seem to be any way to change that. It's probably a command line in the text that automatically draws from your current rank. It would be nice if it could be rewritten to draw from your title instead, then you could also be referred to as Ambassador or Envoy if you wished.

Maybe sometime in the future Cryptic will consider rewriting those commands.

I look forward to seeing your crew.


As promised here's the crew of my ship, the USS Freedom:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...reedomCrew.jpg

Top Row (left to right): O'Neill, Takerra, Gerool, T'Pal, Suvit, Dezuz, Klef

Second Row (left to right): Beylang, Yoto, Magnus, Goroer, Sho'zab, Sek, Jhinyn

Third Row (left to right): Carter, L'Shonea, Seven of Seven, Corees, T'Klol, Malpv, K'Ihlowr

Fourth Row (left to right): A.J., Irick, T'Losu, Moxeh

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 569
01-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Hiya Blackavaar,

Have you done (I couldn't find it), or you could you please do up, a duplicate of the Starfleet Photonic Science Bridge Officer (the Refer-a-Friend prize BO). I think it's a B-04 top, but I can't figure out the blue color they are using. And what would you recommend for the Tac Red and Eng Yellow (Gold)? Medical Teal? Etc.

I have an Alt and I was thinking since I can't change my Holo Doc's uniform, I'd let the tail wag the dog and I'd outfit that Captain and her BOs in matching costumes to the Doc.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 570
01-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyd9090 View Post
I see the Fed ships but what about a KDF guide, or did I miss it somwhere
I've been working on one bit by bit, but before now nobody seemed interested. I've been working on my Klingon main more lately. I guess I'll have to step it up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
As promised here's the crew of my ship, the USS Freedom:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...reedomCrew.jpg

Top Row (left to right): O'Neill, Takerra, Gerool, T'Pal, Suvit, Dezuz, Klef

Second Row (left to right): Beylang, Yoto, Magnus, Goroer, Sho'zab, Sek, Jhinyn

Third Row (left to right): Carter, L'Shonea, Seven of Seven, Corees, T'Klol, Malpv, K'Ihlowr

Fourth Row (left to right): A.J., Irick, T'Losu, Moxeh

Nice crew you got there. For a sec I was like, "Hey! How did you get a Benzite BOff?" Then I realized that it must be an Alien. Nice mock-up. You got the Moxeh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Hiya Blackavaar,

Have you done (I couldn't find it), or you could you please do up, a duplicate of the Starfleet Photonic Science Bridge Officer (the Refer-a-Friend prize BO). I think it's a B-04 top, but I can't figure out the blue color they are using. And what would you recommend for the Tac Red and Eng Yellow (Gold)? Medical Teal? Etc.

I have an Alt and I was thinking since I can't change my Holo Doc's uniform, I'd let the tail wag the dog and I'd outfit that Captain and her BOs in matching costumes to the Doc.

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately I still do not have a Hologram of my own, but I think I finally got a new recruit who might stick around so... here's hoping.

If you have a few pics in different in-game lighting you can link, I might be able to figure it out though.


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:19 AM.