Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 571
01-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Nice crew you got there. For a sec I was like, "Hey! How did you get a Benzite BOff?" Then I realized that it must be an Alien. Nice mock-up. You got the Moxeh!

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, I'm quite happy with my motley crew and my Benzite custom. Whilst I was putting him together I was disappointed that I couldn't find the breathing apparatus thing that those two TNG Benzites wore at the front of their uniforms but then I recalled that there was a Benzite seen in DS9 that didn't have one so I'm fine with not having that available.

I must admit that I do hope that things like the Benzite breathing thing and sashes for Starfleet Klingons become available at some point for those people who'd like to have them for their crews.

One thing I find astonishing is that I've got a Unity bridge for my ship and so many empty seats that need filling and yet only a few of my bridge officers get used. I think its insane. I look forward to the day when the option becomes available for me to put the people I imagine as my XO, Chief Engineer, etc. to be at where I want them to be on my ship.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 572
02-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
[color="Wheat"]
Nice crew you got there. For a sec I was like, "Hey! How did you get a Benzite BOff?" Then I realized that it must be an Alien. Nice mock-up. You got the Moxeh!:
I was thinking it would be nice to work up a set of cross faction alien templates that replicate as many of the current races as are out there. KDF/FED versions of Benzites, Vulcans, Cardassians, Humans, etc.

Wanna help me with it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 573
02-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
I was thinking it would be nice to work up a set of cross faction alien templates that replicate as many of the current races as are out there. KDF/FED versions of Benzites, Vulcans, Cardassians, Humans, etc.

Wanna help me with it?
Sure. I've already got quite a few saved for one side or the other. Let me know what you need and I'll see if I got it.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 574
02-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Is there anyway that you can think of to recreate the mirror universe uniforms from Shattered Universe?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 575
02-03-2011, 05:45 AM
You know, considering that Q is in a semi-permanent location till next week, it might be a good idea to recreate the clothes of an omnipotent being... sans the hat and necklace.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 576
02-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
I was thinking it would be nice to work up a set of cross faction alien templates that replicate as many of the current races as are out there. KDF/FED versions of Benzites, Vulcans, Cardassians, Humans, etc.

Wanna help me with it?
There are several here: http://www.stoacademy.com/guides/alien/
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 577
02-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
That is a great start--though they are missing the fed female emh and both genders of the klink side emhs.

What I'm thinking would be a series of alien templates that would allow you the creation of alien lookalikes of the playable races for both factions

Andorian
Bajoran
Benzite
Betazoid
Bolian
Human
Lethean*
Nausicaan*
Orion
Saurian
Trill
Vulcan
*Not sure if these are makeable in creator

Now some races can't be replicated
Gorn

Some races are C-Store locked and can't be replicated
Caitian
Ferengi
Pakled

There is a final grey area in that there are some C-Store races that _might_ be able to be replicated
Klingon
Liberated Borg (Federation Side Female Only, with unlocked Seven of Nine Costume)
Rigelian
Tellarite

This last category is where we could get in trouble, there is a legitimate reason for a Klingon faction to want to create an alien klingon, but on the fed side it would be moreso that the powers that be might interprate it as a means of folks using it to get around buying a fed klingon.

This is perhaps a subject for another thread, but I think they should bundle the races into packs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 578
02-04-2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
That is a great start--though they are missing the fed female emh and both genders of the klink side emhs.

What I'm thinking would be a series of alien templates that would allow you the creation of alien lookalikes of the playable races for both factions

Andorian
Bajoran
Benzite
Betazoid
Bolian
Human
Lethean*
Nausicaan*
Orion
Saurian
Trill
Vulcan
*Not sure if these are makeable in creator

Now some races can't be replicated
Gorn

Some races are C-Store locked and can't be replicated
Caitian
Ferengi
Pakled

There is a final grey area in that there are some C-Store races that _might_ be able to be replicated
Klingon
Liberated Borg (Federation Side Female Only, with unlocked Seven of Nine Costume)
Rigelian
Tellarite

This last category is where we could get in trouble, there is a legitimate reason for a Klingon faction to want to create an alien klingon, but on the fed side it would be moreso that the powers that be might interprate it as a means of folks using it to get around buying a fed klingon.

This is perhaps a subject for another thread, but I think they should bundle the races into packs.
I'd like to see some of the TOS movie races to be creatable too - I don't think any of them would be popular enough to sell but fans might enjoy making them (Isuppose a pack might sell if cheap enough) . Rhaandarites and Deltans should easy to mimic visually but groovier ones like Zaranites (sort of ferengi with small ears and a face mask), Betelgeusians, and Arcturians are a bit more out there. Also am I the only one who thinks the Saurians look nothing like the movie versions? They need a new or more flexible head mesh that lets you position larger eyes more on the side of the head and more of a wide-mouthed beak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 579
02-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_illustrious_q
You know, considering that Q is in a semi-permanent location till next week, it might be a good idea to recreate the clothes of an omnipotent being... sans the hat and necklace.
As it so happened I was already working on it. I first did the best mock-up I could of the Q robe from TNG, then I started on the in-game costume Q Jr. wears. Both have also been added to the Special section of the Off Duty Uniform Guide.

Q
Q Jr.

Enjoy!


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 580
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODST General
Is there anyway that you can think of to recreate the mirror universe uniforms from Shattered Universe?
It's been a while since I played that and all the screens I can find online are of space battles. Do you happen to have any shots of those uniforms I can work from?

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 AM.