Lt. Commander
# 641
03-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...vorta_eris.png - Now that is cute! However, Eris' hair is more like the one I've got in my char.
Thanks! I was wondering when you would notice that one.

I actually think the Swept Back style looks better on Vorta because it has that stray hairs over the ear thing that they had going on so often (especially Weyoun). Plus it's flatter on top that the Fauxhawk.

Hopefully someday they'll add something that really looks canon. Until then all we can do is wait.

Anyway, I'm glad you like it.

Lt. Commander
# 642
03-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Open Jackets are here!

Canon:
TNG Captain's Variant Gray
TNG Captain's Variant Jacket
TNG Film Command Red Open
DS9 Command Red Open
VOY Command Red Open

25th Century:
A-01 Male
A-01 Female
A-03 Male
A-03 Female
A-04 Male
A-04 Female
B-01 Male
B-01 Female
B-02 Male
B-02 Female
B-03 Male
B-03 Female
B-04 Male
B-04 Female

Updated TNG Badges:
TNG/DS9
TNG film/VOY

These have all been added to their respective sections as well for ease of use.
Updates to the TNG, TNG Film, DS9 and VOY uniforms coming soon.

For those who would like to know ahead of time, all colors on the TNG, TNG Film and DS9 style uniforms have been lightened by 2 shades with two exceptions. The DS9 and VOY reds have only been lightened by one shade and the Medical variants for all uniforms have been lightened by 4 shades. The Wallpaper versions of these are also invalid and need to be updated. So, keep an eye out for those updates.

Until then, enjoy!

Lt. Commander
# 643
03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Open Jackets are here!
Wonderful! Thank you very much. Can't wait to use them.
Lt. Commander
# 644
03-04-2011, 08:24 PM
Looking at the TNG Captain's Variant Gray, wouldn't that tunic work well to interpret the Acting Ensign uniform that Wesley Crusher once wore? The shoulder portion of Crusher's tunic didn't display a straight line across the chest, but this new tunic is close enough for Federation government work.
Lt. Commander
# 645
03-05-2011, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
Looking at the TNG Captain's Variant Gray, wouldn't that tunic work well to interpret the Acting Ensign uniform that Wesley Crusher once wore? The shoulder portion of Crusher's tunic didn't display a straight line across the chest, but this new tunic is close enough for Federation government work.
I had been thinking a similar thing since I first noticed the Captain's variant open jacket uniform. Just never thought to say anything because I figured he'd notice himself and start making the color palette with all the others.
Lt. Commander
# 646
03-05-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Open Jackets are here!

Canon:
TNG Captain's Variant Gray
TNG Captain's Variant Jacket
TNG Film Command Red Open
DS9 Command Red Open
VOY Command Red Open

25th Century:
A-01 Male
A-01 Female
A-03 Male
A-03 Female
A-04 Male
A-04 Female
B-01 Male
B-01 Female
B-02 Male
B-02 Female
B-03 Male
B-03 Female
B-04 Male
B-04 Female

Updated TNG Badges:
TNG/DS9
TNG film/VOY

These have all been added to their respective sections as well for ease of use.
Updates to the TNG, TNG Film, DS9 and VOY uniforms coming soon.

For those who would like to know ahead of time, all colors on the TNG, TNG Film and DS9 style uniforms have been lightened by 2 shades with two exceptions. The DS9 and VOY reds have only been lightened by one shade and the Medical variants for all uniforms have been lightened by 4 shades. The Wallpaper versions of these are also invalid and need to be updated. So, keep an eye out for those updates.

Until then, enjoy!

Thank you very much once again for your extremely fantastic work! Another successful set of guides you've produced there and they're all greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Just one extremely very minor thing regarding the Captain's Jacket - wasn't that worn with mid-ankle pants rather than the standard TNG uniform pants?
Lt. Commander
# 647
03-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Actually, I am watching TNG Season 5 right now, and yes. There is a variant that is tucked in Mid-Ankle. I'll see if I can replicate that look with our available options.

The Standard TNG Split is worn with it as well. The Mid-Ankle version seems to only show up when there is ground terrain to deal with, as in the episode Darmok.

Okay, I've scanned through seasons 5 through 7 to check. It appears Picard wears the Mid-Ankle style much more often when wearing that variant. He also wear different boots than standard. As such I will be updating the TNG Captain's Variant Gray and Captain's Variant Jacket guides appropriately.

It looks like the best match is the WoK pants with the Padded Boots.

Thanks for the heads up, Alan.

Lt. Commander
# 648
03-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Actually, I am watching TNG Season 5 right now, and yes. There is a variant that is tucked in Mid-Ankle. I'll see if I can replicate that look with our available options.

The Standard TNG Split is worn with it as well. The Mid-Ankle version seems to only show up when there is ground terrain to deal with, as in the episode Darmok.

Okay, I've scanned through seasons 5 through 7 to check. It appears Picard wears the Mid-Ankle style much more often when wearing that variant. He also wear different boots than standard. As such I will be updating the TNG Captain's Variant Gray and Captain's Variant Jacket guides appropriately.

It looks like the best match is the WoK pants with the Padded Boots.

Thanks for the heads up, Alan.

You're welcome. Never ever a problem to help out. Keep up the good work, pal..
Lt. Commander
# 649
03-06-2011, 04:39 AM
The open jacket is my most favourite uniform style in all of TNG (quickly followed by the movie TNG/late DS9 style) so I made my whole crew wearing this.

I think it also looks great with dark teal and dark gold. I also use a slightly darker red and the darkest black (bottom row first on the left) for the jacket shoulders as I feel it does better match the colors of the actual uniform when used in game.

The leathery shoulders are only used in "Darmok" after that it's some cotton-like material. And the red seems to be made of suede and it's actually a dark red or burgundy.

And it looks like Picard never wears the TNG split-pants to the jacket. Instead, he seems to wear ankle length trousers with some sturdier boots - maybe the ankle length cutoffs would fit nicely?

I really love that uniform.

EDIT: Somehow, all mid ankle trousers just don't look right. For the moment, I'll stay with TNG splits.
Lt. Commander
# 650
03-07-2011, 08:26 AM
Would it be so hard for Cryptic to make a "default colors" option for all these uniforms so we don't have to kill ourselves like this?