Lt. Commander
# 691
03-14-2011, 09:56 AM
There is a klingon in that collection that made me suddenly desire to see a group of Klingons doing Reggae.

peter
Lt. Commander
# 692
03-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I'm just worried that if you just start putting up fan outfits in the "canon" section you'll lose your sticky.
It's in the new Soft Canon section, not the Canon section. And I don't think we're in any danger of losing our sticky.

And they do also commonly get actors to come in for photo shoots for those covers. That is an actual photo, not a Photo Shopped mock-up. I'm pretty sure I will always be able to tell the difference. The example you presented has some serious shadow issues that make it obvious that it is a fake.

Lt. Commander
# 693
03-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Is it possible to recruit Holographic personnel? If so, I'll be sure to use those Hologram uniform guides for him or her.
Recruit? No. At least, not yet. But it may be possible soon.

They are planning to release Holograms as playable characters, so I would assume that we could get Holographic BOffs as well. Of course, that isn't true of the Caitians or Benzites, so I could be mistaken.

Lt. Commander
# 694
03-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
That is an actual photo, not a Photo Shopped mock-up. I'm pretty sure I will always be able to tell the difference.
I love this guide, and most of your work, but I gotta ask... how do you know it's an actual photo? And with the advances in technology that will surely come, and the skilled artists that will come with, how can you be so sure you will always be able to tell the difference between photoshopped and real?
Lt. Commander
# 695
03-14-2011, 01:27 PM
Actualy, I have some evidence that would suggest that the Captain Dax images are photoshoped.

This image of Cap'n Ezri looks to me like a photoshop of this, a publicity photo of Nicole de Boer.

And this one appears to be a moddified version of this.
Lt. Commander
# 696
03-14-2011, 01:40 PM
Agreed. The pips look wrong in the first pic. Like they started with a pic of her on DS9, or of the actress somewhere else, and photoshopped it.

Edited to add: my roommate does alot of work with photoshop. He took one look at that pic and said in half a second, "Oh yeah, that's totally fake."
Lt. Commander
# 697
03-14-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
It's in the new Soft Canon section, not the Canon section. And I don't think we're in any danger of losing our sticky.

I love your guide but putting non canon uniforms in the Canon Uniform thread might cause you to lose your sticky.

Especially when they aren't even accurate to their "soft canon" images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar
And they do also commonly get actors to come in for photo shoots for those covers. That is an actual photo, not a Photo Shopped mock-up. I'm pretty sure I will always be able to tell the difference. The example you presented has some serious shadow issues that make it obvious that it is a fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar

There is sufficient evidence that it is indeed edited
Lt. Commander
# 698
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Look, guys. I'm not going to argue about this over and over. I liked the uniform. I made the guides. If they're really that much of an affront to your sensibilities I'll just remove them. Stop giving me a hard time over it already.

There are a lot of other completely non-canon uniforms in this guide already as per your requests for speculative and theoretical additions. The upcoming 25th Century Cadet uniforms spring to mind. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to have this one in the Soft Canon section. But if you guys really don't like it, just say so and I'll remove them completely.

Lt. Commander
# 699
03-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Well, even if the soft-canon uniform isnt quite as soft-canon as we thought it was, it still looks cool. The more uniforms the better! Keep up the good work, Blackavaar!
Lt. Commander
# 700
03-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobservo
Well, even if the soft-canon uniform isnt quite as soft-canon as we thought it was, it still looks cool. The more uniforms the better! Keep up the good work, Blackavaar!
Thank you, Bob.

--------------------------------------

I added this note to the Soft Canon section for you, William. Hopefully this will help quell your concerns.

Note: This uniform may or may not be what was intended as the Dax uniform in ST: Destiny. Several images seem to verify it as so while others do not. Regardless, I thought it was a kool look, so I added it to the guide.

Okay?