Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 701
03-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Thank you, Bob.

--------------------------------------

I added this note to the Soft Canon section for you, William. Hopefully this will help quell your concerns.

Note: This uniform may or may not be what was intended as the Dax uniform in ST: Destiny. Several images seem to verify it as so while others do not. Regardless, I thought it was a kool look, so I added it to the guide.

Okay?


I want that kind if disclaimer so that the sticky doesn't get removed or CBS doesn't have a freak out.

I love the guide too much for that to happen, I use it on almost every character

I was not trying to give you a hard time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 702
03-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I want that kind if disclaimer so that the sticky doesn't get removed or CBS doesn't have a freak out.

I love the guide too much for that to happen, I use it on almost every character

I was not trying to give you a hard time.
Kool.

The shoulders still look like white on that cover to me, so I think it's more accurate than you may think. But I don't think CBS would have a problem with it, being as it is Soft Canon anyway.

Even so, I'm glad the disclaimer works for you.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 703
03-14-2011, 02:34 PM
So I guess we're all happy then! *gives Lemonaid of Happiness to Blackavaar and William*

Cant wait to see the next soft-canon uniforms!

*sips lemonaid*
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 704
03-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Recruit? No. At least, not yet. But it may be possible soon.

They are planning to release Holograms as playable characters, so I would assume that we could get Holographic BOffs as well. Of course, that isn't true of the Caitians or Benzites, so I could be mistaken.


Should make for interesting additions to a ships crew. Having a hologram on an away team would make for a great advantage in missions. He could have a skill that allows him to turn to "soft light" so energy blasts pass right through and the ability to act as a sort of advance scout by taking on the form of the aliens as Voyager's Doctor did in several eps, get amongst the enemy and then attack from the middle whilst your main character and the rest of the team attack from the front.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 705
03-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_81 View Post
Is it possible to recruit Holographic personnel? If so, I'll be sure to use those Hologram uniform guides for him or her.



Great news, man! Look forward to seeing them! Can't wait to see what you're gonna come up with!

The EMH BOff is available as referral bonus (invite someone and if they subscribe you receive it as a special unlock in the C-Store). Unfortunately its uniform cannot be changed, which is why I wanted to try and figure out what the closest match to its uniform.

The Klingon version just uses the default uniform, but the Fed uses a non-default uniform. I haven't really seen it on many other Fed NPCs, the only one I can think of is one Fed Ferengi contact, but I haven't really looked either.

And yeah, people are being way too picky about Soft Canon uniforms. It's obvious that at least some others see them as white, so it's far from being out of the range of possibilities.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 706
03-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiblePerson
The EMH BOff is available as referral bonus (invite someone and if they subscribe you receive it as a special unlock in the C-Store). Unfortunately its uniform cannot be changed, which is why I wanted to try and figure out what the closest match to its uniform.

The Klingon version just uses the default uniform, but the Fed uses a non-default uniform. I haven't really seen it on many other Fed NPCs, the only one I can think of is one Fed Ferengi contact, but I haven't really looked either.

And yeah, people are being way too picky about Soft Canon uniforms. It's obvious that at least some others see them as white, so it's far from being out of the range of possibilities.
That's a pity. Recruit-able holographic crew members would have been just what the EMH Doctor ordered for any Starfleet away team. Let's hope that the Devs make it something more widely available to players in the future.

As for Soft Canon uniforms...can't get enough of them. More I say. More.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 707
03-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
Does the tutorial's EMH wear something different from the photonic referral officer? Just curious.
I don't quite have the colors down yet as I have to keep recreating the character to get to the Tutorial and check against the EMH, but I can confirm that the Tutorial EMH does not wear the same uniform as the Referral EMH. He wears a B-03 uniform with Loose Long > Standard pants and Combat Boots.

Guides for both will be up soon.


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 708
03-16-2011, 08:19 PM
The TNG MU uniforms have been updated. All updates are now complete.

And as a special surprise I came up with a new MU set for Voyager. I hypothesized that if there was a Mirror Universe version of Voyager, the events in Living Witness might have been true events in the alternate reality. Working on that theory I came up with these. I hope you like them.

VOY - MU (Voyager - Mirror Universe) uniforms.

Command Red
Security/Engineering Gold
Science Team Blue
Medical Blue-Green

These have been added to the Mirror Universe section as well for ease of use.
Enjoy!


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 709
03-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Very nice. Very nice. I am pleasantly surprised to see these come out. Never thought to use episodes where the crew was accused of crimes as a guide for a possible MU uniform. Very intuitive thinking there, Blackavaar.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 710
03-16-2011, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeGuyver
Very nice. Very nice. I am pleasantly surprised to see these come out. Never thought to use episodes where the crew was accused of crimes as a guide for a possible MU uniform. Very intuitive thinking there, Blackavaar.
Thanks, Spike.

I was considering your request for DS9 MU uniforms and thought of Voyager and Living Witness and then it all started falling into place. It was all just so logical.


Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:32 PM.